Chat is not working for anything, no one can hear me

Discus and support Chat is not working for anything, no one can hear me in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hi This is driving me nuts so any help would be appreciated All of a sudden my chat stopped working - I can hear everyone, but no one can hear me.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by fredP82, Nov 19, 2021.

1. fredP82
    fredP82 Guest

Hi

This is driving me nuts so any help would be appreciated

All of a sudden my chat stopped working - I can hear everyone, but no one can hear me. This happened about a week ago, I didn’t change anything.

I have rebooted countless times, settings are all set to allow, internet rebooted and I have replaced headphones AND controller with working or new items but no change.

I still cannot be heard in a chat on game or party chat mode

What else can I do?

Help!!! Pleeeaaasseeee!!

:)

fredP82, Nov 19, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Clean your console's MAC, restart your internet devices for a few minutes, and try again.

To clean the MAC follow this path

Settings>general>network settings>advanced settings>alternative MAC address and click clear and restart the console when prompted.

If the problem persists reset the console to factory defaults, you won't lose anything but you will need to log in with your account again. Email and password are required.

Follow this path and select reset keeping games and app.

In 5 to 10 minutes you will finish reconfiguring your console

To reset the console>

Settings> System> Console Info> Reset Console

***Do not reset your console without having your account email and password.***
  3. ThumbnailBox451 Win User

Microphones on both of my headsets not working since this week's update

I can't hear anybody through my TB XO One headset, but they can hear me. Game chat is fine, but in party chat it doesn't work. It shows me speaking when I speak, and my friends tell me they can hear me, and if I unplug the headset, I can hear people speaking
    through the TV speakers.

The fact that game chat still works proves that it's Microsoft's software, not my headset, adapter, Xbox or controller.
  4. JackHammer360 Win User

Xbox not recognizing my mic when streaming after update.

I am having the same exact issue. I can hear in game chat, but no one can hear me. MS, please prioritize this for fix! It had worked previously, but it has not worked worked now for a long time. As a workaround, I hear that you can install the xbox beta
    app alongside the regular xbox app and use the in app party chat with one app and stream with the other, but this will only work with party chat, not in game....
  5. DeJarnette Win User

XBOX One Chat Adapter & Turtle Beach Issue

Can some explain to me how come chat dont work for me at all they can hear me I get nothing back unless I unplug the adapter I've hot button with no success no tone or anything
  6. Jasp432 Win User

Not Able To Speak In Game Chat On Dayz

Yeah. Im having this same problem. The VOIP was working just fine until a week ago now there is no in game chat. Can hear everyone but no one can hear me.
Thema:

1. Chat is not working for anything, no one can hear me - Similar Threads - Chat working anything

2. In game voice chat is not working at all with Xbox xCloud and Game pass.

in XBoX on Windows
    In game voice chat is not working at all with Xbox xCloud and Game pass.: I'm not able to talk with xCloud in game voice chat no matter what I do. I have a mic connected to USB-A on PC. I checked all settings from Destiny 2 and yet xCloud still didnt allow me to use...
  3. Xbox Voice Chat not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Voice Chat not working: How do I fix a problem with my voice chat (game chat and Party chat) not working? First off my mic monitoring works I can hear my voice when I use mic monitoring and the Xbox party chat in app...
  4. Xbox Wireless Headset Chat Mixer not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset Chat Mixer not working: I have Xbox series S and use an Xbox Wireless Headset for gaming. I mainly play Warzone/Vanguard and have had no problem until very recently. I have noticed that over the last 10 days or so, I...
  5. Xbox Party chat not working on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Party chat not working on PC: I am playing on PC and have not been able to join an xbox party. In Xbox Networking settings my NAT Type says Teredo is Unable to qualify. 52d5a0d3-af5b-4f62-975a-37e6596faef0
  6. Xbox app party chat not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app party chat not working: So i reported this already on the feedback hub. And my chat input isn't going out to the party. I tested this with my own and other parties. Everything has been working fine for months until...
  7. Voice chat not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Voice chat not working: My voice chat does not work in Halo Infinite multiplayer and Forza Horizon 5 convoys on PC. It automatically mutes everyone including me I don't have any parental restrictions on my account. Other...
  8. Party chat works but game chat doesn't

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat works but game chat doesn't: - Series X - Astro A50s Gen 4 base - Multiple Games So, if anyone knows how to fix this I'd really appreciate it. The current list of attempted solutions is below. I've tried different...
  9. Im playing bo2 n i try going to game chat but it doesnt work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Im playing bo2 n i try going to game chat but it doesnt work: When im on xbox one playing bo2 i seitch to game chat but cant talk to anyone 7a9e44ec-d779-4c46-8ce0-a5d2926638ea
  10. How to contact microsoft when "request a call" and "Chat" Dont Work...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to contact microsoft when "request a call" and "Chat" Dont Work...: I am attempting to contact microsoft given the means they provide however whenever I attempt to request a call or chat I just get a virtual assistant screen that I cant type in and that does...