Chat on Xbox App for Android no longer allows entry of a new line/line break in a message,...

Discus and support Chat on Xbox App for Android no longer allows entry of a new line/line break in a message,... in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; In the Xbox App for Android, the chat window on my Samsung J7 only displays a long string of text as I type (it no longer vertically scrolls while I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Metagame, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Metagame
    Metagame Guest

Chat on Xbox App for Android no longer allows entry of a new line/line break in a message,...

In the Xbox App for Android, the chat window on my Samsung J7 only displays a long string of text as I type (it no longer vertically scrolls while I type) and it no longer responds to the new line/line break. I installed Gboard and tried that, but it makes
    no difference. Did they roll out some new change that no longer supports the new line/line break function? This happened right after I saw a new Sign On screen with three slides promoting using the Xbox App for multiplayer, as a remote on your smartphone,
    etc.; the old green full screen no longer appears, so I assume this was the result of an update that just got released.

:)

Metagame, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Metagame Win User

Chat on Xbox App for Android no longer allows entry of a new line/line break in a message, and no more vertical scrolling as you type.

Thanks for the super fast response!! I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and have version 1810.1207.2126, and the problem persists. I will report this as feedback to the developers as PalmettoBling suggested.
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Chat on Xbox App for Android no longer allows entry of a new line/line break in a message, and no more vertical scrolling as you type.

In the app, when you pull out the menu at the bottom, there is an option for Feedback. If you report through there, that can get that information directly to the developers to investigate or add/fix those features.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Metagame,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the Xbox App on Android.

Have you tried to re-install the app?

Does your phone have the latest update?

Lets us know so we may know how to further assist you.
  5. Geth Win User

Am I the only one who cares?

They may be tip toeing the like of breaking Xbox's TOS.

But unless it actually does cross the line of breaking rules, the club will most likely be allowed to remain.
  6. OHTHENOISES1111 Win User

Can't type on keyboard

Also having this problem ever since the new dashboard went live for all.

Cannot get the virtual keyboard to appear on the xbox w10 app nor the smartglass app (Android).

Doesn't work for in game text chat, dashboard typing, or messaging.
Thema:

1. Chat on Xbox App for Android no longer allows entry of a new line/line break in a message,... - Similar Threads - Chat App Android

2. Xbox app, chat in game not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app, chat in game not working: Hey everyone, My app suddenly stopped interacting with the in game chat when i want to type. Has anyone else got this or anyone know why it might be happening suddenly since this morning?...
  3. PC Xbox (Beta) App/Game Bar will only let me start a Private Chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Xbox (Beta) App/Game Bar will only let me start a Private Chat: With the newly arrived Xbox (Beta) app with the Game Pass for PC content, when I invite a friend to a voice chat using either the app itself or the game bar, My friends are saying that I invited...
  4. xbox companion app chat noise gate

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox companion app chat noise gate: So sometimes i need to join a party on my pc, to help reduce echo while streaming games to mixer, but there's no noise gate option for the pc companion app. So everyone in my party hears...
  5. Xbox App Party Chat Connectivity Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Party Chat Connectivity Issues: Problem: My friend and I use the Xbox Party Chat app on Windows 10 to talk while gaming on the Xbox One. He is a streamer and for some odd reason it is the only way he can have his setup...
  6. Xbox App party chat (error code 100)

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox App party chat (error code 100): Every time on the Xbox one app I try joining a party from someone that is not a friend it will give me the following message ”Something went wrong. Try again later(error code: 100)” I have tried...
  7. I was banned from using the xbox app chat, and i'm not so sure why I have been.

in XBoX on Windows
    I was banned from using the xbox app chat, and i'm not so sure why I have been.: A guy said I was hacking than texts me saying I [Mod Removed - Profanity]. I asked him whys that and he responds with saying that I was hacking I was surely not he was kind of bad at the game sooo...
  8. Xbox App on my PC cant send or receive messages and party chat is super bugged

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App on my PC cant send or receive messages and party chat is super bugged: Whenever I try to send a message in the app it says, "We couldn't send this message. Try again later". And when I try to open my messages page it says, "Try again-We had trouble getting your...
  9. Xbox app Party chat disconnecting

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app Party chat disconnecting: I'm having a problem with the xbox mobile app. I have an S10+ connected to the Arctis pro wireless headphones via bluetooth. Chat works great until i get a phone call. Status in chat pary goes...
  10. how to i chat with my freinds online on linux with out the xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    how to i chat with my freinds online on linux with out the xbox app: i just switched to linux and i was wondering if their is a way to chat with my friends form my linux PC maybe form fire fox and before some one says get a real os like windows 10 i don't like...