Check your Audio Receiver 0x80bd0009 Dolby Atmos

Discus and support Check your Audio Receiver 0x80bd0009 Dolby Atmos in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Where do I start??? I am a system engineer, and daily configure VLAN, servers, phones, anything that exist within a network. My Step up TV = Samsung... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mikewilliamsit, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Check your Audio Receiver 0x80bd0009 Dolby Atmos

Where do I start???

I am a system engineer, and daily configure VLAN, servers, phones, anything that exist within a network.

My Step up

TV = Samsung Q90 4K

SoundBar = HW-90R Dolby Atoms 7.1.4

Consoles = Xbox One X and PS4 Pro

All devices have been updated to the latest Firmware.

Current Configuration

TV Arch Port to Soundbar HDMI Arch Port connected with HDMI 2.1 8K cable

Xbox One X HDMI to TV HDMI connected with HDMI 2.0 cable

PS4 Pro to TV HDMI connected with HDMI 2.0 cable

Apps Installed

Dobly App on the Xbox

Applications and Other consoles

PS4 Pro outputs in 4k and Dolby Atmos in the above configuration

Netflix outputs in 4k and Dolby Atmos in the above configuration

Issue

Unable to output in both 4k and Dolby Atmos on the Xbox One X simultaneously.

Steps taken to set up Dolby Atmos

Dashboard > Setting > Volume & Audio Output > Speaker Audio > Hdmi Audio > Bitstream out > Bitstream Format > Dolby Atmos for home theatre

Message received when selecting Dolby Atmos;

Check your audio receiver - There was a problem using this setting. Make sure your audio receiver supports it. Also, make sure to choose at least one audio setting. Both cannot be off. (0x80bd0009).

Various reconfigurations and results

Option 1

Dashboard > Setting > TV & Display Options > Video fidelity & Overscan > Display > HDMI > Use manual settings > TV & Display Options > Display > 1080p > Volume & Audio Output > Speaker Audio > Hdmi
    Audio > Bitstream out > Bitstream Format > Dolby Atmos for home theatre > TV & Display Options > Advance > Video modes > Allow 4k

Message received when selecting Allow 4k;

4k will not work on your TV

Sorry, your TV is telling us it will not support that resolution.

In the above configuration, I am not able to select allow 4k, allow HDR10, Allow 50hz, Allow 20hz, Allow YYC 4:2:2, Allow Variable refresh rate, allow auto low-latency mode.

But can up the resolution to 1440p

Option 2

TV Arch Port to Soundbar HDMI Arch Port connected with HDMI 2.1 8K cable

Xbox One X HDMI to Soundbar HDMI connected with HDMI 2.0 cable

PS4 Pro to TV HDMI connected with HDMI 2.0 cable

Passing video and audio through the soundbar to the TV now able to have 4K and Dolby Atmos selected.

Using Dolby App to test the speakers, no sound coming through rear speaks when playing Dolby Atmos content through the app.

Allow Variable refresh rate is now greyed out from within TV & Display Options > Advance > Video modes

Support from Xbox Support phone team.

Very poor, contacted on 7 occasions, different level of enthusiasm each time I made contact.

When requesting a team leader, they are always busy with another customer.

Avg time with each agent 1.5 hours.

Carry out the basic tests each time.

Reboot, Factory default, a multitude of configurations changes to no avail, blaming TV and Speaker system. (brand new, patched up, high-end products).

When the agent has run out of ideas, they simply disconnect the phone call or put me on hold of 10 minutes plus until I have to hang up and call back.

Managed to speak with a team leader, they gave me an option to replace my device.

Tested the new device, the same problems encountered, now sending the replacement back.

Side note: when you call Xbox live support, you are meant to be given a ref code to the case you are raising, on several occasions (call that agent hung up on me) there is no record of my call logged under my account, but lucky enough all calls on my phone
    are recorded and time datestamped.

secondly, I was told by an agent he had no access to the previous call I made to Xbox phone support when I requested the name of the agent who hang-up on me. He had then gone to speak with his manager and after 10mins on hold, the call was disconnected.

Each agent does have the ability to see calls you have logged in the past.

Back to the issue at hand, I have not found a solution to the problem, but I thought I would share my findings.

If anyone has a solution please let me know.

Mike

:)

mikewilliamsit, Feb 12, 2020
  2. ZenKiller08 Win User

The optical port won't allow him to get Dolby Atmos sound though, so that might be an issue for the OP. ARC (not eARC) doesn't support Dolby Atmos, so maybe that's the problem here?
  3. NaZoooom Win User

Hi mikewilliamsit,

The only solution I can think of is the simplest tbh and that is to utilise the optical port on the soundbar/Xbox.

Connect the Xbox One via HDMI, then use a TOSLink optical cable to connect to the soundbar.

Hopefully this will help by separate audio from the visual and allow you to get the results you are looking to achieve.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on or of this was useful. :)
  4. Kev7420 Win User

Sound since last update

try to update the controller it is seperate from a system update and make sure you check your audio settings, maybe try this https://windowsreport.com/xbox-error-0x80bd0009-dolby-atmos/ or https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-1-error-code-0x80bd0009/2a90e68d-6901-45b6-9da4-d56f0b49d7de
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Game audio not working

Open the Guide by pressing the Xbox button.

Go to settings.

Then go to the Display & Audio settings.

Under the audio settings, check which audio format you use for your headphones.

If you set it to "Dolby Atmos", you need to have PURCHASED the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app. If you only got the free Dolby Atmos app, this will only give you 14 days of Dolby Atmos to test it out, and then stops working.

Try to change your audio format to Stereo or Windows Sonic (which is also a spatial 3D sound Format like Dolby Atmos).

Does that work now?
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

Onkyo TX SR 444 ATMOS

Apparently dolby atmos will only transfer through hdmi and not optical,i was just wondering whether it is something to do with hdr
    Do you have "let receiver decode audio" enabled in Settings > Disc & Blu Ray > Blu ray?

And after that go to Settings > Display & Sound and go, under HDMI audio, to Bitstream format and select "Dolby Atmos for home theater".

After doing this the blue light for Dolby Atmos should be lit on your receiver when it is decoding Dolby Atmos input.
Thema:

1. Check your Audio Receiver 0x80bd0009 Dolby Atmos - Similar Threads - Check Audio Receiver

2. Check the instructions that came with your code. You might need to redeem it on a different...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Check the instructions that came with your code. You might need to redeem it on a different...: I got 14 day xbox live gold trial with my xbox one s console and every time i try to redeem it either on the xbox or the website this message appears “check the instructions that came with your...
  3. Question that I have checked the xbox one support page for and the answer doesnt help

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Question that I have checked the xbox one support page for and the answer doesnt help: Question that I have checked the xbox one support page for and the answer doesnt help Personally, I prefer always using drives with there own power supply vs. pulling it from the USB bus....
  4. xbox live 나이확인중 오류 꼭 확인 해주십시오. [Please check the error during the xbox live age check.]

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox live 나이확인중 오류 꼭 확인 해주십시오. [Please check the error during the xbox live age check.]: 나이확인을 하는데 인증번호를 입 후 나이확인 홈페이지 화면이 그대로 다시뜨면서 인증이 안됩니다. 무슨 오류가 있는지 확인해주십시오. 이거는 ㅇ인증을 하기 밑에는 한 후입니다. [Translation-After entering your verification number to check your age, the age verification...
  5. So i checked out the xbox game streaming and im having a problem

in XboX Insiders
    So i checked out the xbox game streaming and im having a problem: So i checked it out but apparently the analog sticks dont work. Ive tried everything but it wont work. Little help? Updated the controller submitted by /u/moosemainman [link] [comments]
  6. #MyDecadeOnXbox - Check Out Your Xbox Stats For The Whole Of The 2010s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    #MyDecadeOnXbox - Check Out Your Xbox Stats For The Whole Of The 2010s: Crazy to look back at all you did in the last decade. How much you've grown and how much your style has changed. 23b7e1e9-e3ba-4dab-858c-43a23a918954
  7. In "Manage Storage", check individual content from internal or external media isn't working.

in XboX Insiders
    In "Manage Storage", check individual content from internal or external media isn't working.: Games panel shows it has X number of games filtered, but nothing is shown. Meanwhile, if we manually filter games by internal or external storage, it works. I'm so sure it was working normally...
  8. Charge and Play Kit, can't apply for RMA or check warranty status

in XBoX on Consoles
    Charge and Play Kit, can't apply for RMA or check warranty status: I just got delivered a charge and play kit from Amazon with a highly discounted price. I got bad luck and its not working from factory. According to european law, its my choice to return or else...
  9. SOLVED: Check your audio receiver, Audio error 0x80bd0009

in XBoX on Consoles
    SOLVED: Check your audio receiver, Audio error 0x80bd0009: Ok after months of having to deal with uncompressed stereo sound coming from my xbox one S, I couldn't select any other option besides "uncompressed stereo" without getting an error saying my...
  10. Surround sound / Xbox One S, error 0x80bd0009 Check your audio receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    Surround sound / Xbox One S, error 0x80bd0009 Check your audio receiver: I'm having the issue outlined here. Basically, I can't get the existing surround sound to work with my Xbox One S, with the alert referenced in the subject to this post, when selecting anything...