Child account becoming Adult account

Discus and support Child account becoming Adult account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello. I am currently 17 but I am turning 18 in October. My account is obviously a child account right now, and I need to confirm a couple of things:... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by staryoshi06, May 2, 2019.

1. staryoshi06
    staryoshi06 Guest

Hello. I am currently 17 but I am turning 18 in October. My account is obviously a child account right now, and I need to confirm a couple of things:

-When I turn 18, will my account automatically become an adult account, and allow me to do things such as use a custom avatar, sign up for halo insider, log into xbox.com, etc.?

-Will my account be removed from the family jurisdiction? I cannot find the parent account on microsoft.com, but I assume it's the (unused) account my mum made on my younger brother's xbox, since that is where I originally created the xbox live account (which
    is linked to my microsoft account, couldn't transfer my xbox 360 account for some strange reason).

If not, how can I do these things? This account is intended to be my main microsoft account, and I don't particularly want it to remain under my mother's jurisdiction once I turn 18.

EDIT: Also, apologies if this is the wrong category, could not find a category specifically relating to microsoft accounts.

:)

staryoshi06, May 2, 2019
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

Can’t change gamerpic cause not adult account

The adult account need to upgrade to adult or wait until the child account becomes adult in prder to change it...
  3. Mister Getafix Win User

Ayuda, estoy frustrado :´(

Hi there!

Child accounts are automated and will graduate to adult accounts once they reach the proper age.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change a child account into an adult account outside of the automatic timeline.

Rest assured the account will become an adult account at the appropriate time for your region.

We hope that helps clarify!
  4. staryoshi06 Win User

Okay more information from my mother:

I am not listed under her microsoft family account.

As far as I am aware, I am only under the xbox live family account.

Either this, or my xbox live account is somehow a child account with no parent account attached.

I don't think this is possible though, because if I try to go to xbox.com and change my settings, it says that my parent needs to do so.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

You signed into the same email and password that you would sign in with on your console?

You can double check your email for your account on your console by going into settings and under the account tab go to sign in security and passkey and on that page will show you the email associated with that profile and you want to make sure you are signed
    in with that email on the website.
  6. staryoshi06 Win User

Yes, I use my microsoft account to sign into my xbox live account. I also have the xbox app on windows 10, and am definitely logged into the same live account (although I cannot see my mother's account on the xbox app, while I can see it on the console).
    If I go to settings, it shows my microsoft account.

The thing is, my microsoft account existed without being connected to a family before I created my xbox one live account. It seems that it was only linked to a family when I made my xbox live account, so it seems to be only tied to a family there.
Thema:

1. Child account becoming Adult account - Similar Threads - Child account becoming

2. Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with...: Hi it's day 4 of the Xbox birthday saga. Any help appreciated. My payment card etc got initially associated with the child account, and because it was all [mod removed] about face, once the child...
  3. Paying for Xbox Live from child account

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Paying for Xbox Live from child account: Hi! I’ve had a really hard time wrap my head how Xbox store is supposed to work with a family account. And I haven’t come to an enlightment yet, but just wasted a lot of money and time....
  4. Allow Xbox Live Child Account play Plants vs. Zombies: Battle For Neighborville (and PvZ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Allow Xbox Live Child Account play Plants vs. Zombies: Battle For Neighborville (and PvZ...: This question actually applies to all three titles (PvZ GW, PvZ GW2, and now the new one, Battle for Neighborville). I have all three and have been very confused about how I can setup Xbox Live...
  5. Convertir un compte adulte XBOX en compte enfant ?[Convert an XBOX adult account to a child...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Convertir un compte adulte XBOX en compte enfant ?[Convert an XBOX adult account to a child...: Bonjour, Quand mon fils a eu sa XBOX, on a créé un compte "adulte" et il a commencé jouer. Puis il y a associé un abonnement XBOX live et un compte fortnite (!). Maintenant, je veux mettre en...
  6. Child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account: How do i change my childs date of birth on xbox one 435360c1-2aae-4d70-969d-00a59059b4f0
  7. Child Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child Account: How can I Change my child's account from child to an adult? 1b135d0e-806d-452a-9771-aa37c207d80e
  8. Does anyone no how to change a child account to a adult account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone no how to change a child account to a adult account: Does anyone no how to change a child account to a adult account b0b38b0a-9833-43ce-b488-4c6df505907f
  9. Child's account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child's account: My account is not part of a family (except today, to try and fix the problem, I made myself an adult in my own family with no one else in it) but when I go to account.xbox.com it brings me to...
  10. child locked out of account

in XBoX Accessibility
    child locked out of account: my son locked out of xbox account. because entered password to many times. need to recover it d06ff742-d87a-46d2-8ba6-9b09bf076f1f