Child account becoming Adult account

Discus and support Child account becoming Adult account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello. I am currently 17 but I am turning 18 in October. My account is obviously a child account right now, and I need to confirm a couple of things:... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by staryoshi06, May 2, 2019.

1. staryoshi06
    staryoshi06 Guest

Hello. I am currently 17 but I am turning 18 in October. My account is obviously a child account right now, and I need to confirm a couple of things:

-When I turn 18, will my account automatically become an adult account, and allow me to do things such as use a custom avatar, sign up for halo insider, log into xbox.com, etc.?

-Will my account be removed from the family jurisdiction? I cannot find the parent account on microsoft.com, but I assume it's the (unused) account my mum made on my younger brother's xbox, since that is where I originally created the xbox live account (which
    is linked to my microsoft account, couldn't transfer my xbox 360 account for some strange reason).

If not, how can I do these things? This account is intended to be my main microsoft account, and I don't particularly want it to remain under my mother's jurisdiction once I turn 18.

EDIT: Also, apologies if this is the wrong category, could not find a category specifically relating to microsoft accounts.

:)

staryoshi06, May 2, 2019
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

Can’t change gamerpic cause not adult account

The adult account need to upgrade to adult or wait until the child account becomes adult in prder to change it...
  3. Mister Getafix Win User

Ayuda, estoy frustrado :´(

Hi there!

Child accounts are automated and will graduate to adult accounts once they reach the proper age.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change a child account into an adult account outside of the automatic timeline.

Rest assured the account will become an adult account at the appropriate time for your region.

We hope that helps clarify!
  4. staryoshi06 Win User

Okay more information from my mother:

I am not listed under her microsoft family account.

As far as I am aware, I am only under the xbox live family account.

Either this, or my xbox live account is somehow a child account with no parent account attached.

I don't think this is possible though, because if I try to go to xbox.com and change my settings, it says that my parent needs to do so.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

You signed into the same email and password that you would sign in with on your console?

You can double check your email for your account on your console by going into settings and under the account tab go to sign in security and passkey and on that page will show you the email associated with that profile and you want to make sure you are signed
    in with that email on the website.
  6. staryoshi06 Win User

Yes, I use my microsoft account to sign into my xbox live account. I also have the xbox app on windows 10, and am definitely logged into the same live account (although I cannot see my mother's account on the xbox app, while I can see it on the console).
    If I go to settings, it shows my microsoft account.

The thing is, my microsoft account existed without being connected to a family before I created my xbox one live account. It seems that it was only linked to a family when I made my xbox live account, so it seems to be only tied to a family there.
Thema:

1. Child account becoming Adult account - Similar Threads - Child account becoming

2. How do I make a child account an adult account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I make a child account an adult account: The problem is just in the title, i have tried to find out how but have not been able to, please help 697f41f4-c9cd-427e-b2e3-238c30690e19
  3. i was just trying to make a new microsoft account but then it put my "child" to the family...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i was just trying to make a new microsoft account but then it put my "child" to the family...: I HOPE SOMEONE RESPONDS TO ME.... 3c0aada4-edf0-4c4e-a03c-b5f750884b6c
  4. How to transfer game progress from Parents account to an associated Child account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer game progress from Parents account to an associated Child account.: Hi there Would it be possible to tell me how to transfer game progress from Parents account to an associated Child account? I recently moved my son to his own child's account, associated with my...
  5. My child’s account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My child’s account.: I just found out my son had his account permanently banned when four of his friends he was playing with thought it would be a joke to report him for something he didn’t do. We purchased a new xbox...
  6. Adding friends to child's minecraft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding friends to child's minecraft account: I just allowed my kid to get minecraft on his ipad. He is trying to add friends, but it pops up that he is not allowed to do that. I went in a have all of the restrictions turned off, but he...
  7. Cant let my child account get permission for multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant let my child account get permission for multiplayer: I got a family and me as adult is in and my second account of thats not old enough to be adult but now im trying to give it permission to play multiplayer games isnt working. everytime when i...
  8. adding money to a child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    adding money to a child account: hi, I would like to add money to my childs account but it only shows as dollars? how do I change from dollars to pounds? or does it not matter? thanks! 9929afb7-0a1f-45de-b037-8ead501a7562
  9. Can't add friends from a child account due to server error

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't add friends from a child account due to server error: Hello, I have one child account in my Family setup, and that child account is unable to add XBox live friends. Specifically when the child account is signed in and viewing a profile at...
  10. Remove option to leave family group from child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Remove option to leave family group from child account: All the options published by Microsoft are entirely useless. We have changed my son's account to be a child. He can still leave the family group. We have edited his age. He can still leave the...