Child account becoming Adult account

Discus and support Child account becoming Adult account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello. I am currently 17 but I am turning 18 in October. My account is obviously a child account right now, and I need to confirm a couple of things:... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by staryoshi06, May 2, 2019.

1. staryoshi06
    staryoshi06 Guest

Hello. I am currently 17 but I am turning 18 in October. My account is obviously a child account right now, and I need to confirm a couple of things:

-When I turn 18, will my account automatically become an adult account, and allow me to do things such as use a custom avatar, sign up for halo insider, log into xbox.com, etc.?

-Will my account be removed from the family jurisdiction? I cannot find the parent account on microsoft.com, but I assume it's the (unused) account my mum made on my younger brother's xbox, since that is where I originally created the xbox live account (which
    is linked to my microsoft account, couldn't transfer my xbox 360 account for some strange reason).

If not, how can I do these things? This account is intended to be my main microsoft account, and I don't particularly want it to remain under my mother's jurisdiction once I turn 18.

EDIT: Also, apologies if this is the wrong category, could not find a category specifically relating to microsoft accounts.

:)

staryoshi06, May 2, 2019
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

Can’t change gamerpic cause not adult account

The adult account need to upgrade to adult or wait until the child account becomes adult in prder to change it...
  3. Mister Getafix Win User

Ayuda, estoy frustrado :´(

Hi there!

Child accounts are automated and will graduate to adult accounts once they reach the proper age.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change a child account into an adult account outside of the automatic timeline.

Rest assured the account will become an adult account at the appropriate time for your region.

We hope that helps clarify!
  4. staryoshi06 Win User

Okay more information from my mother:

I am not listed under her microsoft family account.

As far as I am aware, I am only under the xbox live family account.

Either this, or my xbox live account is somehow a child account with no parent account attached.

I don't think this is possible though, because if I try to go to xbox.com and change my settings, it says that my parent needs to do so.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

You signed into the same email and password that you would sign in with on your console?

You can double check your email for your account on your console by going into settings and under the account tab go to sign in security and passkey and on that page will show you the email associated with that profile and you want to make sure you are signed
    in with that email on the website.
  6. staryoshi06 Win User

Yes, I use my microsoft account to sign into my xbox live account. I also have the xbox app on windows 10, and am definitely logged into the same live account (although I cannot see my mother's account on the xbox app, while I can see it on the console).
    If I go to settings, it shows my microsoft account.

The thing is, my microsoft account existed without being connected to a family before I created my xbox one live account. It seems that it was only linked to a family when I made my xbox live account, so it seems to be only tied to a family there.
Thema:

1. Child account becoming Adult account - Similar Threads - Child account becoming

2. xbox live redeemed on parent account - how to transfer to child's

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live redeemed on parent account - how to transfer to child's: Hi I've just downloaded a 3 month xbox live subscription but it has been added to my profile as parent account and not my son's. How can I transfer it? 802e3bb1-ffcc-40e4-8aeb-577123508f62
  3. Can't get into my Xbox privacy settings because my account thinks i'm a child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get into my Xbox privacy settings because my account thinks i'm a child account: I recently tried to join a MC realm, but the option to join one would not pop up (switch btw). It said I needed to change my Xbox privacy settings, so I tried to do that but it keeps redirecting...
  4. no microphone on child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    no microphone on child account: I can't get the microphone to work. Any suggestions? Equipment: Xbox One S; XBox standard controller; pdp AG9+ headset If I start a party on the child's account, the mic doesn't work. I can...
  5. child account

in XBoX on Windows
    child account: My account is blocked from doing many things becouse its set as child account im not part of any Microsoft family or something like that how can i change my account to an adult accout ? I have...
  6. How can I shut my child's xbox off from my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I shut my child's xbox off from my account: Child having problems following rules for turning this off. How can I shut him down when he doesn't follow the rules 283cd85e-7f6a-40f5-b46c-b42be2473ba7
  7. Zmiana konta doroslego na dziecko. [Change your adult account to a child.]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Zmiana konta doroslego na dziecko. [Change your adult account to a child.]: Witam. Mam problem ze zmianą swojego starego konta doroslego na konto dziecka. Zależy mi na tym, bo syn zaczął grać w grę na moim koncie i nie chciał bym żeby to wszystko utracił, jak stworze...
  8. is there a way to move gaming data from a parent account to a child account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is there a way to move gaming data from a parent account to a child account?: My son has been using my account for his games for years. Since he is older now, his info should be on his account not mine. Is there a way to move gaming data from a parent account to a child...
  9. CHANGE CHILD ACCOUNT GAMERTAG

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CHANGE CHILD ACCOUNT GAMERTAG: How do I change the Gamertag on my child's account. When I follow the online instructions, it changes my Gamertag as the adult account holder but not my child's 9f67ea7a-ad75-4c19-aeec-3d20f6fc0206
  10. Child account though im almost 19

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account though im almost 19: I put my birthday as 04/2000 as I am almost 19 years old but every single time I go into my settings it says that my account is still a child account why is this? does anyone know how to fix it?...