Child account becoming Adult account

Discus and support Child account becoming Adult account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello. I am currently 17 but I am turning 18 in October. My account is obviously a child account right now, and I need to confirm a couple of things:... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by staryoshi06, May 2, 2019.

1. staryoshi06
    staryoshi06 Guest

Hello. I am currently 17 but I am turning 18 in October. My account is obviously a child account right now, and I need to confirm a couple of things:

-When I turn 18, will my account automatically become an adult account, and allow me to do things such as use a custom avatar, sign up for halo insider, log into xbox.com, etc.?

-Will my account be removed from the family jurisdiction? I cannot find the parent account on microsoft.com, but I assume it's the (unused) account my mum made on my younger brother's xbox, since that is where I originally created the xbox live account (which
    is linked to my microsoft account, couldn't transfer my xbox 360 account for some strange reason).

If not, how can I do these things? This account is intended to be my main microsoft account, and I don't particularly want it to remain under my mother's jurisdiction once I turn 18.

EDIT: Also, apologies if this is the wrong category, could not find a category specifically relating to microsoft accounts.

:)

staryoshi06, May 2, 2019
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

Can’t change gamerpic cause not adult account

The adult account need to upgrade to adult or wait until the child account becomes adult in prder to change it...
  3. Mister Getafix Win User

Ayuda, estoy frustrado :´(

Hi there!

Child accounts are automated and will graduate to adult accounts once they reach the proper age.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change a child account into an adult account outside of the automatic timeline.

Rest assured the account will become an adult account at the appropriate time for your region.

We hope that helps clarify!
  4. staryoshi06 Win User

Okay more information from my mother:

I am not listed under her microsoft family account.

As far as I am aware, I am only under the xbox live family account.

Either this, or my xbox live account is somehow a child account with no parent account attached.

I don't think this is possible though, because if I try to go to xbox.com and change my settings, it says that my parent needs to do so.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

You signed into the same email and password that you would sign in with on your console?

You can double check your email for your account on your console by going into settings and under the account tab go to sign in security and passkey and on that page will show you the email associated with that profile and you want to make sure you are signed
    in with that email on the website.
  6. staryoshi06 Win User

Yes, I use my microsoft account to sign into my xbox live account. I also have the xbox app on windows 10, and am definitely logged into the same live account (although I cannot see my mother's account on the xbox app, while I can see it on the console).
    If I go to settings, it shows my microsoft account.

The thing is, my microsoft account existed without being connected to a family before I created my xbox one live account. It seems that it was only linked to a family when I made my xbox live account, so it seems to be only tied to a family there.
Thema:

1. Child account becoming Adult account - Similar Threads - Child account becoming

2. Saldo da conta de um filho no grupo de familia [Translate] Balance of a child's account in...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Saldo da conta de um filho no grupo de familia [Translate] Balance of a child's account in...: Coloquei o saldo na conta de um filho e preciso transferir para o outro filho .... como fazer? [Translate by Mod] I put the balance on a child's account and need to transfer to the other...
  3. Game pass and child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass and child account: I recently upgraded my xbox live to game pass. Everything works fine on my profile. My son's profile is more locked down then mine but he is allowed to go online with his games and is allowed to...
  4. Child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account: My child is 18 can I make him a adult in the family so that he is not a child anymore he is 18 but he is still set as a child instead of a adult can someone please help me?...
  5. Parent vs Child Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parent vs Child Account: Hi smart Xbox community! I really need your help. I am very inexperienced with Xbox but have been able to control and monitor my sons activity and spending since 2002. Last Xmas our now 7yr old...
  6. Gamtertag Pic for Child Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamtertag Pic for Child Account: It is extremely frustrating that my son needs to suffer and can't customize his Gamertag pics because of the supposed excuse that other people are posting pics that aren't suitable for children....
  7. Child account can’t send friend requests

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account can’t send friend requests: Please help, I’ve spent hours trying to fix the settings on my child’s account so he can make friend requests. Ive disabled every possible barrier, everything has been set to off. Im going round...
  8. How can I find out if my child had access to a friend's xbox account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I find out if my child had access to a friend's xbox account?: How can I find out if my child had access to a friend's xbox account? I was recently informed by a family member who witnessed my child gaining access to a friend's xbox account and spent $10 on...
  9. Xbox account child lock

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox account child lock: I am 18 and I put my card on file I need to change my account from child to adult 2410d789-0344-4e99-9971-27fce1306d1b
  10. Childs subscriptions being taken even though I've removed the association to my account

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Childs subscriptions being taken even though I've removed the association to my account: I cannot access my childs account as we do not know the details, I've removed the association to my account, yet the money is still being taken. I've tried contacting Microsoft, yet am stuck...