Child Account Issues

Discus and support Child Account Issues in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was able to play multiplayer in Trailmakers 2 days ago on my child account and now I cannot. I've tried everything, even removing myself from family... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by IsaacCurtis1, May 27, 2022.

1. IsaacCurtis1
    IsaacCurtis1 Guest

Child Account Issues

I was able to play multiplayer in Trailmakers 2 days ago on my child account and now I cannot. I've tried everything, even removing myself from family and now it says "add a parent" when I attempt to play multiplayer. There is no way to edit privacy settings or remove child mode from my account.

:)

IsaacCurtis1, May 27, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

Child account issues

That is non sense. There was no disclaimer prior to choosing her age that microsoft would use this an opportunity to extort more money from parents. The reason im taking her off because i cant just pay outright for content. I have to give an allowance.
    If something costs $9.99 i can add $10.00 but that wont cover tax. Id have to give her $15.00 and over pay. Thats nonsense. This is going to be a class action if you continue to extort your clients.
    You dont seem to grasp.the issue

It is their terms

And copa enforces it and yes it is a law

If you remove your child from parental control it is your responcibility as tbe parent for any of her actions

Umm tax is the law you do realize that right ?

Everyrhung is taxed and is in fact the law

They arent extorting anything

Prepaid cards are set balances regardless of your dream world

If you want exact change use your creditcard or complain to your senator about taxes.guess how you will.be laughed at
  3. Salz78 Win User

Issues with Child Account.

Having the same issue with my nephew. Not sure if you have to actually turn 18 in the system before it takes off all the restrictions?
  4. Smwutches Win User

Child account issue!

When you turn 18, your account doesn't automatically change into an adult account. You have to promote it to an adult account. You can find the instructions on how to do that here -

support.xbox.com/.../online-safety

So if you haven't promoted your account yet, you'll need to do that to prevent those issues in the future.
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Issue with Child Account

This link should help you with that. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12411/microsoft-account-change-birthdate
    It wont unfortunately. That only changes the date of birth on the Microsoft Account and has no affect on the Xbox accounts date of birth. The date of birth that is entered when the Xbox account is first created is set in stone and cannot be changed.
  6. XBF Lance J Win User

Issue with Child Account

Hey Captain Fun Weinacker,

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, an Xbox account's date of birth is permanent. You can manage the restrictions on it by accessing a an adult account under the same family and managing the

Privacy and Online Safety
    settings.
Thema:

Child Account Issues

1. Child Account Issues - Similar Threads - Child Account Issues

2. There is a issue when you go to reset the console on a child's account. The child doesn't...

in XboX Insiders
    There is a issue when you go to reset the console on a child's account. The child doesn't...: There is a issue when you go to reset the console on a child's account. The child doesn't need permission and can reset the console. After the console resets the child can make a new Xbox account....
  3. Child Account and Headset Chat Issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child Account and Headset Chat Issue: A little background... I have a child account for my son (his own MS account, but listed under my Family Account). He has been playing on xBox for years without an issue, this includes chatting...
  4. Issues with money in child’s account in family

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Issues with money in child’s account in family: My child has money in their account but it has not been allowing him to use it, i have had to use my credit card each time. I want the money in his account refunded to me! It has been blocked...
  5. Parent / Child account issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parent / Child account issue: My son's Xbox screen time is way beyond out of control, so I attempted to put Parental Controls in to effect. Looked straight forward, so I turned it on for him (I see both my kids in my account...
  6. XBox One S - Parent/Child Account Issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBox One S - Parent/Child Account Issue: hi - I recently brought an X-Box One S for my 10 year old son and opened a child account for him. Unfortunately he has continued to play many games using my account (fortnite, etc.,) and has...
  7. Child account for xbox issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child account for xbox issues: I recently purchased an xbox for my daughter and I. After setting up an account for her, she gets a "There's an issue with your account. Fix it at account.live.com" error whenever she tries to...
  8. Issue creating Xbox Child Account

in XBoX on Windows
    Issue creating Xbox Child Account: Greetings, Objective: I have two daughters who I want to play minecraft with, they have Apple devices and I am using my PC (windows). Steps taken: Both of my girls are already in my Microsoft...
  9. Xbox Live adult/child account issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live adult/child account issues: My Microsoft account is an adult account but my Xbox live profile (on the same account, same email and all) is somehow a child account that I can't access the parental settings for because there...
  10. Issue with Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issue with Child Account: Split from this thread. Can you never change the birthdate on the account???? Even if you accidentally put in the wrong date of birth??? So....If I accidentally created the account for a 10...