Child Account / Parent Approval Asking Parent to Create An Account But Already Have an Account

Discus and support Child Account / Parent Approval Asking Parent to Create An Account But Already Have an Account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am helping my child create her own xbox account. Her age requires parental approval. I have an xbox account and want to give her parental approval... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by enelsonmo-00E3529E-0B28-47C2-A88F-CF31F1AD8D9F, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Child Account / Parent Approval Asking Parent to Create An Account But Already Have an Account

I am helping my child create her own xbox account. Her age requires parental approval. I have an xbox account and want to give her parental approval but the process fails. Here is what is happening. This is happening all on the PC.

1. On the computer, my child logs into her account at xbox.com.

2. A page comes up saying you need parental approval.

3. At the bottom of the page, I enter my xbox.com email address.

4. Click Next.

5. New screen shows up and says the parent must sign in.

6. I enter my xbox.com email address and password and click submit.

7. I get a new page which was: Parent: Account Creation. --> This is wrong. I already have an account.

8. If I click next on this page, it ends in error (Uh Oh) because I already have an account with the email I signed up with.

9. Instead of a Parent: Account Creation page, it should have logged me into my normal xbox page.

Any ideas?

Eric

:)

enelsonmo-00E3529E-0B28-47C2-A88F-CF31F1AD8D9F, Jan 23, 2014
  2. Mrs L
    Mrs L Guest
    Unable to add son to xbox one

As above,

Select child
    Sign in as parent
    get to the 50c card authorisation, add card details
    Then get card already exists on account - go through screens - again!!

Then after about 10 minutes updating account it fails with code 45468.7036976521340.5055251569016685

Go to xbox errorhelp - can't find it Child Account / Parent Approval Asking Parent to Create An Account But Already Have an Account :(

Can anybody help please we are pulling our hair out on this

Just to say the card is on account from xbox and also Microsoft accounts linked to the parents account!

Mrs L, Jan 23, 2014
  3. Xarcies
    Xarcies Guest
    Lifting Parental Controls

This issue is that you can't promote the child account without approval from the parent account.

Xarcies, Jan 23, 2014
  4. ChilliBadger Win User

Xbox live sign in

issues with xb accounts my child acc seems to have detached my account and now asking for parental approval / card details
  5. JHILL899 Win User

Sign in problem

It seems like there is a issue with a accepting the TOU for a child account. The reason it is asking for a parent to approve/ sign in is because the account is under the age 18 and the parent has to sign in to approve of the new update TOU for the Child
    Account.

Additionally if you can remember what the email is to their account you can go to xbox.com and sign in and accept the TOU that way as well
  6. Yezzmina Win User

My son logging in to xbox live

Your son is on a child account. Its not a problem. It needs a parent to approve your son having an account by logging in to the parent account linked to your sons child account. If you don't know the parent account linked to the child account you can try
    contact support directly at 1-800-4MY-XBOX and they may be able to find the parent account for you.
  7. Xarcies Win User

Lifting Parental Controls

This issue is that you can't promote the child account without approval from the parent account.
  8. Randy Steveson Win User

Forced Child Account

There is no way to promote a child account into an adult account other than to wait till the age of the account is that of an adult. When the account was made it was given the age of a child and a parent had to give approval for it to be created. There is
    no way to change that that account into an adult until it reaches 18 years old.
Thema:

Child Account / Parent Approval Asking Parent to Create An Account But Already Have an Account

1. Child Account / Parent Approval Asking Parent to Create An Account But Already Have an Account - Similar Threads - Child Account Parent

2. Child using my Xbox parent account and gametag

in XBoX on Windows
    Child using my Xbox parent account and gametag: My child encountered issues years back with his Xbox account so started using my Xbox account / gametag. Is there anyway to (a) transfer all his game achievements, online purchases etc that he has...
  3. Games purchased on parent account not showing in child's profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Games purchased on parent account not showing in child's profile: Hi, I have downloaded a number of games for my son's xbox but they don't show up on his profile. I want to use the family settings to monitor screen time etc but, at the moment, he can't access...
  4. Adding parent email to verify child’s account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adding parent email to verify child’s account: When i enter my email and hit next, the page is not found. My son would just simply like to save his progress on a game. This is unbelievable difficult for something as simple as saving progress....
  5. Parent /child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parent /child account: So ithought i was redeeming the game code on my child 's account instead it redeem on my account? How do i transfer to my child account so he can play? 5552d266-18c1-4d7e-aee5-fc506890757c
  6. Changing Xbox account from parent email to child

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Xbox account from parent email to child: Hi, So when I got my son his Xbox one I used my email address to set it up so I could manage purchases etc, but now he is older I want the option to set time limits. He has a child's Microsoft...
  7. Child accidentally deleted parent account on xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child accidentally deleted parent account on xbox one: HI, My child accidentally deleted my parent account from his xbox one. Is there any way to reinstate my parent profile as he is now restricted on certain things he can do? He of course does not...
  8. How to transfer game progress from Parents account to an associated Child account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer game progress from Parents account to an associated Child account.: Hi there Would it be possible to tell me how to transfer game progress from Parents account to an associated Child account? I recently moved my son to his own child's account, associated with my...
  9. Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with...: Hi it's day 4 of the Xbox birthday saga. Any help appreciated. My payment card etc got initially associated with the child account, and because it was all [mod removed] about face, once the child...
  10. unable to buy xbox gold ultimate for £1 - child account - you need a parent to buy this

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to buy xbox gold ultimate for £1 - child account - you need a parent to buy this: Hi, I am trying to get my son access to the xbox game pass ultimate. He has 12 months left of xbox live but when we try and buy ultimate for £1 we get the following You need a parent to buy this...