Child Account / Parent Approval Asking Parent to Create An Account But Already Have an Account

Discus and support Child Account / Parent Approval Asking Parent to Create An Account But Already Have an Account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am helping my child create her own xbox account. Her age requires parental approval. I have an xbox account and want to give her parental approval... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by enelsonmo-00E3529E-0B28-47C2-A88F-CF31F1AD8D9F, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Child Account / Parent Approval Asking Parent to Create An Account But Already Have an Account

I am helping my child create her own xbox account. Her age requires parental approval. I have an xbox account and want to give her parental approval but the process fails. Here is what is happening. This is happening all on the PC.

1. On the computer, my child logs into her account at xbox.com.

2. A page comes up saying you need parental approval.

3. At the bottom of the page, I enter my xbox.com email address.

4. Click Next.

5. New screen shows up and says the parent must sign in.

6. I enter my xbox.com email address and password and click submit.

7. I get a new page which was: Parent: Account Creation. --> This is wrong. I already have an account.

8. If I click next on this page, it ends in error (Uh Oh) because I already have an account with the email I signed up with.

9. Instead of a Parent: Account Creation page, it should have logged me into my normal xbox page.

Any ideas?

Eric

:)

enelsonmo-00E3529E-0B28-47C2-A88F-CF31F1AD8D9F, Jan 23, 2014
  2. Mrs L
    Mrs L Guest
    Unable to add son to xbox one

As above,

Select child
    Sign in as parent
    get to the 50c card authorisation, add card details
    Then get card already exists on account - go through screens - again!!

Then after about 10 minutes updating account it fails with code 45468.7036976521340.5055251569016685

Go to xbox errorhelp - can't find it Child Account / Parent Approval Asking Parent to Create An Account But Already Have an Account :(

Can anybody help please we are pulling our hair out on this

Just to say the card is on account from xbox and also Microsoft accounts linked to the parents account!

Mrs L, Jan 23, 2014
  3. Xarcies
    Xarcies Guest
    Lifting Parental Controls

This issue is that you can't promote the child account without approval from the parent account.

Xarcies, Jan 23, 2014
  4. ChilliBadger Win User

Xbox live sign in

issues with xb accounts my child acc seems to have detached my account and now asking for parental approval / card details
  5. JHILL899 Win User

Sign in problem

It seems like there is a issue with a accepting the TOU for a child account. The reason it is asking for a parent to approve/ sign in is because the account is under the age 18 and the parent has to sign in to approve of the new update TOU for the Child
    Account.

Additionally if you can remember what the email is to their account you can go to xbox.com and sign in and accept the TOU that way as well
  6. Yezzmina Win User

My son logging in to xbox live

Your son is on a child account. Its not a problem. It needs a parent to approve your son having an account by logging in to the parent account linked to your sons child account. If you don't know the parent account linked to the child account you can try
    contact support directly at 1-800-4MY-XBOX and they may be able to find the parent account for you.
  7. Xarcies Win User

Lifting Parental Controls

This issue is that you can't promote the child account without approval from the parent account.
  8. Randy Steveson Win User

Forced Child Account

There is no way to promote a child account into an adult account other than to wait till the age of the account is that of an adult. When the account was made it was given the age of a child and a parent had to give approval for it to be created. There is
    no way to change that that account into an adult until it reaches 18 years old.
Thema:

Child Account / Parent Approval Asking Parent to Create An Account But Already Have an Account

1. Child Account / Parent Approval Asking Parent to Create An Account But Already Have an Account - Similar Threads - Child Account Parent

2. unable to buy xbox gold ultimate for £1 - child account - you need a parent to buy this

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to buy xbox gold ultimate for £1 - child account - you need a parent to buy this: Hi, I am trying to get my son access to the xbox game pass ultimate. He has 12 months left of xbox live but when we try and buy ultimate for £1 we get the following You need a parent to buy this...
  3. Parent vs Child Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parent vs Child Account: Hi smart Xbox community! I really need your help. I am very inexperienced with Xbox but have been able to control and monitor my sons activity and spending since 2002. Last Xmas our now 7yr old...
  4. Xbox One - Changing a Parent Account to a Child Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Changing a Parent Account to a Child Account: When we purchased Xbox for my son, we set up the account incorrectly. He is using my parent account to play instead of the child account, and I cannot block web browsing, incognito mode etc, or...
  5. remove parent account and remove child feature.

in XBoX on Consoles
    remove parent account and remove child feature.: I am now 18 and would like to remove parent acount and all consent options thanks. 36379065-1adb-4e37-8b4b-bcfb867b4d71
  6. xbox live redeemed on parent account - how to transfer to child's

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live redeemed on parent account - how to transfer to child's: Hi I've just downloaded a 3 month xbox live subscription but it has been added to my profile as parent account and not my son's. How can I transfer it? 802e3bb1-ffcc-40e4-8aeb-577123508f62
  7. is there a way to move gaming data from a parent account to a child account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is there a way to move gaming data from a parent account to a child account?: My son has been using my account for his games for years. Since he is older now, his info should be on his account not mine. Is there a way to move gaming data from a parent account to a child...
  8. Child account can see parent account, but the parent account can't see the child.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account can see parent account, but the parent account can't see the child.: Hi there, I have recently encountered a strange issue in regards to parental accounts. On my mothers account it is registered that she has no child accounts but on my account she is registered....
  9. Xbox Gift Card redeemed to parent account instead of Child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Gift Card redeemed to parent account instead of Child account: Hi I redeemed a gift card that my son had gotten for his birthday having signed into his child account. However the funds have been credited to my parent account and he cannot now use them to buy...
  10. Is it possible to switch/transfer parent account with child account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to switch/transfer parent account with child account?: My son started playing Fortnite with my account, just because it was a much easier controller password. No idea at the time that he'd enjoy it so much, and then start adding friends from the game,...