Child account to parent account

Discus and support Child account to parent account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is there anyway I can change my account from a child to adult? If not can it be added? I have seen alot of friends and people online having the same... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BrushyDolphin59, May 4, 2021.

1. Child account to parent account

Is there anyway I can change my account from a child to adult? If not can it be added? I have seen alot of friends and people online having the same problem.

:)

BrushyDolphin59, May 4, 2021
  2. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Switching accounts

You can't transfer licenses or content from one account to another.

The accounts Parent / Child are separate accounts. The parent account just manages the child account.

The child account will remain a child account until the birth date that was used for that account reaches the age of 18.
  3. Mister Gwyther Win User

Can't change privacy settings/use other features

You can remove a child by either promoting it (over 17) from the child account's Account Management, or by removing the parent/child relationship entirely from the parent account.
  4. DmitryGoryayinov Win User

Xbox LIVE won't accept my credentials, Xbox tech support cannot help

I checked the issue with Microsoft Account tech support, and they sent me back here.

On their end everything work as expected: my parent account and child account are properly connected, I see the child account under the parent account, can set the permissions for the child account.

But apparently the parent-child accounts relations are not propagated correctly to the Xbox LIVE system.
  5. Yezzmina Win User

My son logging in to xbox live

Your son is on a child account. Its not a problem. It needs a parent to approve your son having an account by logging in to the parent account linked to your sons child account. If you don't know the parent account linked to the child account you can try
    contact support directly at 1-800-4MY-XBOX and they may be able to find the parent account for you.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Cannot remove parental lock even though I'm an adult

Only a parental (adult account) can change the privacy settings for a child account. Your parents should open an adult account and add your child account to it.
Thema:

Child account to parent account

1. Child account to parent account - Similar Threads - Child account parent

2. Parent Child account set up the wrong way round

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Child account set up the wrong way round: Hello, When we got our Xbox I initially set up accounts to get up and running. It would appear that my Xbox account (adult) is set as a child and that my Childs account is the adults. Please can...
  3. Transfering a child account from a deceased parent

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfering a child account from a deceased parent: My girlfriend purchased an XBOX S for her 16 year old son for Christmas, and we are having trouble getting things up and running. Her son's credentials are tied to an account that his father set...
  4. Remove parental control from my adult child's account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remove parental control from my adult child's account?: My child is now grown. It is ten years later. How can I remove parental control from my adult child's account? c83152a7-8b5e-46fc-96af-ead546e1f1ff
  5. My account changed to a child account and now I can't do anything without a 'parent's'...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My account changed to a child account and now I can't do anything without a 'parent's'...: Im 16 and I don't need these content restrictions telling me i can't watch Youtube without a parent's permission or play 18s. I dont even have a parent on xbox. I've tried different things with my...
  6. Family Safety/child account suggestion: Allow parents to meter the $$ in child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family Safety/child account suggestion: Allow parents to meter the $$ in child account: I realize that I can approve/reject purchases, but what I'd like to be able to do is give my kids an allowance, in addition to that. E.g., automatically give them $20/month. Or, retract money if...
  7. Cannot parent authorise a new child Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot parent authorise a new child Xbox account?: After creating a Microsoft account for my 8 year old son, I add the parent Xbox account and attempt to validate. Even on the very first or a separate attempt after days have passed, it errors out...
  8. Parent account automatically signs in on Xbox app on child's PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Parent account automatically signs in on Xbox app on child's PC: Hi all. Our household currently has an Xbox One console and two children's PCs. The Parent account has Game Pass ultimate and each of the child accounts on Microsoft Family have their own Game...
  9. parent account and child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    parent account and child account: Hi, I've been trying to organise an adult account and 2 x child accounts for x-box so my children can play with their friends online. It looks like the gamertag which has been assigned to me is...
  10. Purchase minecoins with parent microsoft account for child

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchase minecoins with parent microsoft account for child: I have $10 of microsoft rewards that would like to use to purchase mine coins for my child's Minecraft account. It does not seem like I can use Microsoft rewards to transfer to my child's account....