Child purchase

Discus and support Child purchase in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi am hoping somebody can help! my child is on my family account and he recently was given microsoft store gift cards from friends. His account is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ashley ohare, Nov 5, 2019.

1. ashley ohare
    ashley ohare Guest

Child purchase

Hi

am hoping somebody can help!

my child is on my family account and he recently was given microsoft store gift cards from friends. His account is set up so he can spend money in his account.

he has tried to purchase skins in Minecraft, but when he tries to buy them the message:

you cannot buy or download because of how your account is set up. Your parent can customise your Xbox Live policy settings for your profile in Settings > Account > Family Settings > Manage family members.

I have already changed the setting so he doesn’t need permission. Does anybody have any idea how to fix this?

:)

ashley ohare, Nov 5, 2019
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Child purchases

You can't change a child account into adult. It gets updated automatically from the servers
  3. IsabelleBlackhurst Win User

Purchases by child

I can see them in MS billing history and also same corresponding order numbers on my phone bill.

Microsoft have refunded all purchases from past 14 days but say there are no others on the account. They are clear to see but I think they are referring to just the ones eligible for a refund from last 14 days
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Purchases by child

While I can't directly help with the refund, as we in this forum here are "only" gamers like you or your daughter and not actual Microsoft Xbox employees, I'd like to make you aware of a few settings on the console and your and your daughter's accounts to
    prevent unauthorized purchases in the future.

First of all: Make sure that you did NOT set up your own adult account to be used by your daughter. You as a parent should have your own adult account, and your daughter should have her own child account (the difference between adult and child account is
    determined by the birthdate you enter during account creation and can't be changed afterwards).

When you have created a child account, you can add that child account to your parent account by signing in with your parent account at
    https://account.microsoft.com/family and adding your daughter's child account to your family.

That way you can set up certain restrictions that limit what your child is (not) allowed to do on Xbox Live.

Also follow the
    instructions on this website to prevent unauthorized purchases in the future

As for help on your refunds: You should find all purchases being made on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders with the appropriate order number. This should
    help the support find the purchases that still need to be refunded.

I'll cross my fingers that this issue gets resolved for you, and that you can set up your and your daughter's account to prevent unauthorized purchases in the future.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Purchases by child

When you say you see them on your account do you mean you see them on your phone bill? or in your MS billing history by going to account.microsoft.com
  6. Swift Oldboy Win User

Purchases by child

Thema:

Child purchase

1. Child purchase - Similar Threads - Child purchase

2. Child Purchases on Xbox Family

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child Purchases on Xbox Family: I have Family accounts setup for myself and 2 kids, and purchases made from my account are shared and working fine, can the same be done from a child account? my son has a £20 xbox gift card and...
  3. I cannot give permission for a purchase on my childs account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot give permission for a purchase on my childs account: My son has asked to make a purchase for his xbox, the request has been sent to me but we cannot locate where? The accounts were messed up a little while ago as a friend of his set up the child...
  4. Purchases by child

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchases by child: Hi. I have discovered that my daughter who is 8 yrs old has made 20 purchases on her x box for fortnite v bucks totalling nearly £500. She has done this by making payment by having it added to my...
  5. Purchased xbox Live but Child cannot use xBox live Subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased xbox Live but Child cannot use xBox live Subscription: I have purchased an XBox live subscription, setup the xbox as my home xbox. My child is a child registered under my account. He cannot use my xbox live subscription on the same xbox. How do I get...
  6. Child needs parent permission to purchase

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child needs parent permission to purchase: I cannot find Content Restrictions 8d3567c4-5e4e-45ca-9316-d8adb0ddffdf
  7. keeping a child or person from making unautherized purchases on xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    keeping a child or person from making unautherized purchases on xbox one: I need help or suggestions on the security of keeping people from making an unautherized purchase in the xbox live marketplace. I live with some friends that has two kids and one likes playing on...
  8. Transfer a purchase into a child's account on Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer a purchase into a child's account on Xbox One S: I purchased a game DLC using my account. I now want to transfer it to my child's account. I have followed the steps here https://support.xbox.com/en-WW/xbox-live/download-content but I do not get...
  9. Transferring a purchased minecraft license to a family member / child

in XBoX on Windows
    Transferring a purchased minecraft license to a family member / child: Hello together, how can I Transfer a purchased minecraft license to a family member / child? Thanks in advance for your help. d52bc120-bffc-42c3-b09a-038a58e3e46a
  10. XBOX - Cannot allow child purchases.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX - Cannot allow child purchases.: My sons account has more than enough money to buy the purchase but it keeps telling me to add more? [img] When I click allow I get [img] Why can't I allow this? Cheers, Leon....