Child Purchases on Xbox Family

Discus and support Child Purchases on Xbox Family in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have Family accounts setup for myself and 2 kids, and purchases made from my account are shared and working fine, can the same be done from a child... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TurbidPrune19, Oct 10, 2019 at 10:02 AM.

1. Child Purchases on Xbox Family

I have Family accounts setup for myself and 2 kids, and purchases made from my account are shared and working fine, can the same be done from a child account?

my son has a £20 xbox gift card and wants to add it to his account and buy a game. If this is done from his account will the game be playable from mine and the other child account? Or can this only be done from the parent account?

Thanks

:)

TurbidPrune19, Oct 10, 2019 at 10:02 AM
  2. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Buying V-Bucks for Child Account

Ok reading all of these questions. First VBucks is not DLC. They are just ingame money to purchase items. As far as child account do you have the child under a family account. If child request a purchase an email is sent to parent account asking for purchase
    permission. Thats how I have it for my son under family account. He cant purchase anything without me giving the ok through the family account.
  3. Ambassador Kingz Win User

Glitch while adding points to an account

Are you currently subscribed for an Xbox Live Gold Family pack? If so I believe the ability to add points via purchase is restricted on a child's account. You will have to go through your (main account holder) account and then purchase the points. After
    you can then set an allowance to either child account.

More info here if your using XBLG Family pack:
    support.xbox.com/.../billing-points-family-pack
  4. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

I'm sure it's done off the parent's account, you'll be able to share the purchases anyways so nothing to worry about, if he just wants the credit then it needs to be redeemed on the child's account
  5. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

For it to be added to his account, he would need to redeem it on his signed in account.
  6. {Parity} Win User

If the child account has the ability to make purchase on his account and he has fund on his account then it should be fine.
Thema:

1. Child Purchases on Xbox Family - Similar Threads - Child Purchases Family

2. I cannot give permission for a purchase on my childs account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot give permission for a purchase on my childs account: My son has asked to make a purchase for his xbox, the request has been sent to me but we cannot locate where? The accounts were messed up a little while ago as a friend of his set up the child...
  3. Purchases by child

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchases by child: Hi. I have discovered that my daughter who is 8 yrs old has made 20 purchases on her x box for fortnite v bucks totalling nearly £500. She has done this by making payment by having it added to my...
  4. Purchased xbox Live but Child cannot use xBox live Subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased xbox Live but Child cannot use xBox live Subscription: I have purchased an XBox live subscription, setup the xbox as my home xbox. My child is a child registered under my account. He cannot use my xbox live subscription on the same xbox. How do I get...
  5. Child needs parent permission to purchase

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child needs parent permission to purchase: I cannot find Content Restrictions 8d3567c4-5e4e-45ca-9316-d8adb0ddffdf
  6. keeping a child or person from making unautherized purchases on xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    keeping a child or person from making unautherized purchases on xbox one: I need help or suggestions on the security of keeping people from making an unautherized purchase in the xbox live marketplace. I live with some friends that has two kids and one likes playing on...
  7. Transfer a purchase into a child's account on Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer a purchase into a child's account on Xbox One S: I purchased a game DLC using my account. I now want to transfer it to my child's account. I have followed the steps here https://support.xbox.com/en-WW/xbox-live/download-content but I do not get...
  8. Transferring a purchased minecraft license to a family member / child

in XBoX on Windows
    Transferring a purchased minecraft license to a family member / child: Hello together, how can I Transfer a purchased minecraft license to a family member / child? Thanks in advance for your help. d52bc120-bffc-42c3-b09a-038a58e3e46a
  9. I can't make purchases because it's child restricted and I'm not part of a family?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't make purchases because it's child restricted and I'm not part of a family?: I put $20 on my xbox account to buy some loot boxes on Overwatch, but every time I try to buy it, it says "Ask an adult to change your settings - To buy this, an adult needs to change your limit...
  10. Can someone explain how child account purchases work within a 'family'?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone explain how child account purchases work within a 'family'?: So, if I put money on my child's account and he purchases something. Who really owns that item? Who needs to be signed into a console other than my 'home console' in order to access that content?...