Choppy audio and chat through wireless head set

Discus and support Choppy audio and chat through wireless head set in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So recently my Xbox one x When connected to my turtle beach stealth 600's the audio will just start breaking up and the chat, if I speak it is very... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by charliemurphy2, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Choppy audio and chat through wireless head set

So recently my Xbox one x When connected to my turtle beach stealth 600's the audio will just start breaking up and the chat, if I speak it is very choppy for other users too. It's not the headphones I have another pair they both do it. When I pair them
    to my other Xbox one (non x) both headsets don't do that. I need some help here

:)

charliemurphy2, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Are you in the Xbox Insider Preview program? This seems to be an ongoing issue with preview OS builds, download the Xbox Insider Hub app and file a report. Also post about it here HTTPS://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

If not involved in preview, can I ask if consoles are connected wirelessly, and if so, does your router use 5ghz?

It may be that your Xbox one x is utilising a 5ghz Wi-Fi channel, and original Xbox isn't, and this use may interfere with the headphones. I had same issue at first with my turtle beach. It corrected itself when I switched off 5ghz channels on router, I
    then switched to a wired connection.

If possible, hookup your offending console with a Ethernet cable to router, see if sound issue persists. If it does, then that's not the issue
  4. LMG GRINCHY Win User

i had the same problem. I strongly recommend following sandy the hippy post, as soon as i went onto a wired connection the problem was
    gone
  5. Mrs Sn0wman G18 Win User

How does it work with the headset

Okay so a 360 head set will connect to your xbox via optical cable for game audio (the more expensive wireless ones anyways) im not sure how the wired ones would work. There is a chat cable that will connect the head set to the controller for chat audio.

The xbox one versions that Microsoft and turtle beach have made will just plug in to your controller and you will get game and chat audio from that
  6. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Elite Series 2 Turtle beach tac pro audio issue.

I dont have that head set, but if you have a wireless connection to audio and have a wired connection to chat like I do with with my head set you have to turn off the game sound through the sound mixer from the menu and slide it all the way over to the
    chat side turning off the game sound that comes through the controller. If you hit your menu button when you have your headset plugged in it should be part of the menu.
Thema:

1. Choppy audio and chat through wireless head set - Similar Threads - Choppy audio chat

2. Xbox One X Game Clips Choppy and laggy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Game Clips Choppy and laggy: So I'm not sure what's going on, but every game clip I take comes out ultra laggy and very choppy. But the audio is just fine. I've done all the steps such as power cycling, restarting, etc. And...
  3. My Xbox clips are choppy and it has happened more than one

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox clips are choppy and it has happened more than one: When I recorded a minute clip I went to record then my game crashed and I went to go look and it was choppy so I figured the crash caused the choppiness but I went to record another clip and it is...
  4. Xbox server high ping and choppy game play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox server high ping and choppy game play: About the last month i've been having 4% packet loss high latency and low up load speed in tests. Game play choppy laggy players move faster then they should which means game is playing catch up...
  5. Choppy videos in backward compatible games and even outright unplayable games, is there a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Choppy videos in backward compatible games and even outright unplayable games, is there a...: Hello, I'm playing a lot of backward compatible games and I notice in quite a few of them, videos run very badly. Just two examples: - Dragon Age Origins Videos stops every other second, making...
  6. Wireless issues - all games choppy

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless issues - all games choppy: I'm trying out Project xCloud and I currently have a Galaxy S7. I'm sitting 5-10 feet away from my Google Wifi and apparently since it's connecting using 2.4ghz, the performance is incredibly bad....
  7. XBOX ONE X choppy audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE X choppy audio: All audio fron XBOX ONE X is stuttering/choppy. From the start up screen, to games, to youtube/netflix. • ive unplugged the power for 30 seconds • reconnected all of the cables • i have checked...
  8. Headset (Astro A10) has choppy audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset (Astro A10) has choppy audio: I have had this going on for a while now, and I have no clue why. Whenever I play on my Xbox, the audio gets really choppy, however, when I use my headset on my iPad, PC, etc., this doesn’t...
  9. Audio/mic problem stuttering choppy audio xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio/mic problem stuttering choppy audio xbox one x: I'm having a major audio problem on my xbox one x it doesnt happen out of the tv itself but when I play my games I play with my headset generally turtlebeach xofours. The issue is and just started...
  10. Choppy / crackling headset audio on various games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Choppy / crackling headset audio on various games.: So I'm getting some annoying intermittent audio issues through my headset. Games I've had the issue with - Star Wars Battlefront II - Constant audio stutter and sometimes audio cuts out...