Chromium Edge on Xbox?

Discus and support Chromium Edge on Xbox? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Now that the new Edge has an official launch date (Jan 15), when will it be available for Xbox users? I am oftenly use my Xbox's Edge to check... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/rdrtnk, Nov 7, 2019.

1. /u/rdrtnk
    /u/rdrtnk Guest

Chromium Edge on Xbox?

Now that the new Edge has an official launch date (Jan 15), when will it be available for Xbox users?

I am oftenly use my Xbox's Edge to check WhatsApp and watch videos from websites (actually I watched Rock In Rio 2019 from a site using my Xbox) so I am REALLY forward for the new Edge running in my console.

submitted by /u/rdrtnk
    [link] [comments]

/u/rdrtnk, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Christyna64 Win User

Edge disappeared on my xbox one since its last update

I know they plan on changing Edge to Chromium soon but not sure if they made the change yet.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

You can't contact Microsoft for technical support and no live chat anymore?

Hi ! Try with Edge or IE. Not Chrome ;)
    I did that screenshot with the Dev-Branch of the new Edge browser that uses the Chromium engine.

So it should also work with Chrome.
  4. ZX227 Win User

Edge Chromium for Xbox

That is very disappointing news.

I definitely commend Microsoft for supporting other platforms such as Android, iOS, Linux and Macintosh with their new browser. However, I am surprised we still do not have a definitive yes that it will be coming to their own Xbox platform.

Likewise, it is good news that Windows 7 will be getting the new Edge Chromium, but that operating system will be losing extended support in a couple months.

Am I missing something? Does Microsoft plan to continue support for EdgeHTML on Xbox alongside supporting the new Edge Chromium on various platforms and systems?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated as I feel a web browser is one of the most indispensable apps and important to keep secure and updated, even on a gaming console.
  5. Dageto Kraft Win User

Edge Chromium for Xbox

There is still a lot left for that
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Edge Chromium for Xbox

HI ZX227,

Thanks for your post. We appreciate you coming to the forums with inquiry over Edge Chromium for Xbox One, unfortunately there is no information regarding an official release for Xbox One. If you'd like to see the browser come to the Xbox One console you
    can request this at
    Xbox Requests

For now, this thread will be listed as a discussion since there is no further support that can be offered regarding the Edge Chromium browser on Xbox One platforms.

Thanks for understanding!
Thema:

Chromium Edge on Xbox?

1. Chromium Edge on Xbox? - Similar Threads - Chromium Edge

2. Edge Chromium for Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Edge Chromium for Xbox: Over the last 6 months, I have not seen any information on stand-alone builds for Edge Chromium on Xbox One. I assumed since Microsoft was unbundling the browser from Windows, and bringing it to...
  3. The microsoft edge for xbox should have keyboard and mouse support

in XboX Insiders
    The microsoft edge for xbox should have keyboard and mouse support: submitted by /u/VeronicaMulher [link] [comments]
  4. Microsoft Edge not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Edge not working: On xbox one after clicking on edge i see a white screen for 1-2 seconds then the app just crashes. Its been like this for about 3-4 days and I’ve already tried hard reset....
  5. what is the best recommended dns server for streaming videos on xbox one edge app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what is the best recommended dns server for streaming videos on xbox one edge app?: I know google public dns is good but is there any other that is faster for streaming videos microsoft edge app? Any help would be greatly appreciated 188ad6ff-4311-420a-a37d-44b42756135e
  6. Why is youtube showing white blanks on a search results page, using xbox one edge app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is youtube showing white blanks on a search results page, using xbox one edge app?: I've tried restarting app, xbox, modem. It started it after setting up a new modem, with higher speeds. Wired connection 2556e7dc-6dd5-4a3e-8a10-d8e1865571a1
  7. XBox One S - Way to pin Edge Favs to Home Screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S - Way to pin Edge Favs to Home Screen?: The topic is pretty much all there is to it. Is there a way to pin Edge favorites to the Home Screen? 62980acb-cbe6-4934-b534-0d729968768d
  8. Xbox- syncing on Microsoft edge or IE possible with a PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox- syncing on Microsoft edge or IE possible with a PC?: Hello! I am wondering, is it possible to sync your xbox one internet explorer or microsoft edge data with your microsoft account (IE/ME) data on your PC? By this I mean is it possible to sync...
  9. Youtube thumbnails not showing on Microsoft Edge on my Xbox 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Youtube thumbnails not showing on Microsoft Edge on my Xbox 1: For the last couple of weeks the thumbnails for Youtube are not showing on Microsoft Edge. They are showing on all of my other devices that are connected to the same network. I've seen a lot of...
  10. Microsoft Edge no muestra las miniaturas [Translation - Microsoft Edge does not show...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Edge no muestra las miniaturas [Translation - Microsoft Edge does not show...: Tengo un problema con microsoft edge,antes funcionaba perfecto en mi xbox one,pero hace como un mes comenzo a fallar,no me muestra las miniaturas como de Youtube,mercado libre etc. En lugar de la...