Claim a Gamertag

Discus and support Claim a Gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My gamertag is BrokenVessei. I would like to claim the gamer tag BrokenVessel, which seems to be inactive, if all possible.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ralphmartin918, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Claim a Gamertag

My gamertag is BrokenVessei.

I would like to claim the gamer tag BrokenVessel, which seems to be inactive, if all possible.

:)

Ralphmartin918, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Claiming a gamertag

There is no way to reserve a gamertag.
  3. ConverseSnow890 Win User

Claimed gamertag?

Feel free to close this- The tag just opened up for me. Cheers.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Gamertag claiming...

umm hate to break it to you but it's not sign in every 5 years if it doesn't sign in within 5 years from 2016

It's a lottery when names are released and yes it is a violation of the terms of use on any service regardless if it's xbox Sony etc accounts are NOT FOR SALE

And guess what you are playing Russian roulette if you even tried

One the owner of the account can reclaim the account at anytime meaning even if you violate the terms of use by buying it YOU DONT OWN THE ACCOUNT

Only the original creator of the account does and no ownership doesn't transfer between users

They can reclaim the account at anytime and no you can't do anything about it also Stealing an account is a console banabler offence

So if the seller didn't actually create the account and stole it guess who's liable YOU

and fraud is against the law

Accounts can be forums only or Use for xbox for Windows or Windows 10 which also requires a gamertag

Not everything is used for xbox
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Claim a Gamertag

You can't claim a gamertag.

You'll just have to keep checking to see if it becomes available at some point.

the 5 year sign in rule started in Aug 2016 so the earliest it might be feed up is the end of Aug this year.

As Tezzarific mentioned,just because a gamertag looks unused doesn't mean it is as it could be being used somewhere else in the Microsoft system.
  6. bowski477 Win User

Claiming a gamertag

There is also no current date specified for another GT recycle other than if the account remains inactive for 5 years (starting from 2016).
Thema:

Claim a Gamertag

1. Claim a Gamertag - Similar Threads - Claim Gamertag

2. About claiming gamertags on inactive acccounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    About claiming gamertags on inactive acccounts: How does one exactly claim a gamertag from an inactive account? There is this account that has 0 gamerscore, 0 followers and 0 games. How can I claim his/her gamertag?...
  3. Claiming an inactive gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Claiming an inactive gamertag: Recently, I have had the urge to change my gamertag. My current gamertag is I Yibo I and although this name has served me well, I wanted to see if I could get rid of the brackets. Unfortunately,...
  4. I want to claim an inactive gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to claim an inactive gamertag: So I want to claim the gamertag Aary since I'm sure the account has been inactive for more than 2 years now and according to the Xbox policy those inactive gamertag will be available to claim....
  5. Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag?

in XboX Insiders
    Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag?: Hey everyone! I was directed here by a support rep to see if I could claim a gamertag from an account that has been inactive for ~9 years. The original gamertag is nicnacnic and my current one is...
  6. Can't claim gamertag that has been reserved, then deleted/changed to something else

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't claim gamertag that has been reserved, then deleted/changed to something else: Hello, I would like to know if I can claim a Gamertag that I reserved on another Xbox account. Is that possible? Here's the story: A while back, before getting an Xbox, I decided that I should...
  7. I want to go back to an old gamertag on my xbox account, but it claims it is taken.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to go back to an old gamertag on my xbox account, but it claims it is taken.: I made an accidental name change a few months back and I now have 10 dollars to change it back. When i typed in my old gamertag it said it either wasn't allowed or it was already taken. (By the...
  8. Claim Xbox gamertag from my previous Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Claim Xbox gamertag from my previous Xbox account: Hello! I have a problem with Xbox account gamertag. Some time ago I had Microsoft and Xbox accounts. I deleted my Microsoft account about 1 year ago but my Xbox account gamertag is still exist and...
  9. There is any chance to claim a gamertag reset for an inactive account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    There is any chance to claim a gamertag reset for an inactive account?: For long I've been wanting to have my gamertag as (Mod Removed) But the thing is that there is an account that has never been used once that has that gamertag on, my question is: Can somebody...
  10. Claiming a gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Claiming a gamertag: Hello I have recently spoke to the support team and would like to reserve a gamertag for the recycle date! The gamertag is: Prinzy fe3788bf-c70a-4858-af58-03a71b0a6226