Claim Xbox gamertag from my previous Xbox account

Discus and support Claim Xbox gamertag from my previous Xbox account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello! I have a problem with Xbox account gamertag. Some time ago I had Microsoft and Xbox accounts. I deleted my Microsoft account about 1 year ago... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WOLF PACIFIER, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Claim Xbox gamertag from my previous Xbox account

Hello! I have a problem with Xbox account gamertag. Some time ago I had Microsoft and Xbox accounts. I deleted my Microsoft account about 1 year ago but my Xbox account gamertag is still exist and I can't register new account with using same Xbox gametag.
    Can I somehow claim this gamertag again? My current Microsoft account is registered on same email address from same PC as my previous Microsoft account. I know they can't restore Microsoft account after 60 days but can they release my previous Xbox gamertag
    to use it for my new Xbox account?

:)

WOLF PACIFIER, Apr 24, 2019
  2. WOLF PACIFIER Win User

My Xbox account is not banned. When I closed Microsoft account it closed everything Microsoft related for my login. Otherwise I could login my old Xbox account and rename it or just use old Xbox account.
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hello WOLF PACIFIER

In regards to recovering an old Gamer Tag to use as your current account, There is no definitive way of doing this. Microsoft will release the Tag approximately five years after no activity on the account, which will then allow you to be able to pick it
    up once more, but sometimes even then it may not be enough. There was one unique situation about four years where Microsoft did release millions of Gamer Tags that had been in limbo for years, in order for anyone to be able to claim those. They also provided
    one free Gamer Tag Switch [which you are normally limited to just one] so they would be able to pick that tag up without any disputes. This such incident was one that occurred only once in the 14 years before that.

If you wish to review this a bit further you can see that by reviewing our
    Microsoft Services Agreement
    and viewing under the section of "Xbox Live and Microsoft Studios Games and Applications>viii. Gamer Tag Expiration.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Hello! I have a problem with Xbox account gamertag. Some time ago I had Microsoft and Xbox accounts. I deleted my Microsoft account about 1 year ago but my Xbox account gamertag is still exist and I can't register new account with using same Xbox
    gametag. Can I somehow claim this gamertag again? My current Microsoft account is registered on same email address from same PC as my previous Microsoft account. I know they can't restore Microsoft account after 60 days but can they release my previous Xbox
    gamertag to use it for my new Xbox account?
    You do realize that deleting an ms account doesn't actually free up your name right?

It can take up to 5 years from when you last login

It probably wouldve been alot faster to do it the proper way

Change the name on the account holding it

Wait a couple months or maybe instant

Then change the name to the one you want

Now if you deleted the ms account because its permanately banned well you can never get that name account

Xbox accounts aren't the same as ms accounts

Ms accounts are for billing and logging in

They aren't your xbox account
  5. DemandingComa10 Win User

What do I do?

I am having the same issue. I had a previous gamertag associated with my current microsoft email address. In fact, i received xbox live rewards info as recently as the 16th referring to my old account. I picked up an xbox from a buddy and logged in using
    my windows account info (same email associated with the previous gamertag) and i was given a new one. It is incredibly frustrating.
  6. gds1972 Win User

Gamertag confusion

Hi

It is possible that this gamertag is tied to another Microsoft account that is not active on Xbox Live or the gamertag is one that had been withheld by Microsoft for another reason and this will prevent you from being to claim the gamertag.
Thema:

1. Claim Xbox gamertag from my previous Xbox account - Similar Threads - Claim gamertag previous

2. There is any chance to claim a gamertag reset for an inactive account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    There is any chance to claim a gamertag reset for an inactive account?: For long I've been wanting to have my gamertag as (Mod Removed) But the thing is that there is an account that has never been used once that has that gamertag on, my question is: Can somebody...
  3. Claiming a gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Claiming a gamertag: Hello I have recently spoke to the support team and would like to reserve a gamertag for the recycle date! The gamertag is: Prinzy fe3788bf-c70a-4858-af58-03a71b0a6226
  4. Gamertag claiming...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag claiming...: There are probably 10,000+ accounts that have been made just to sell the gamertag they have claimed, it's ridiculous as this breaks the T+S and prevents people from getting gamertags they want......
  5. Gamertag changed, claimed...and then lost?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag changed, claimed...and then lost?: Just set up my Xbox Windows 10 app for the first time. During setup, it asked if I wanted to change my gamertag, so I did, and then claimed the gamertag after it showed as available. However, when...
  6. Claimed gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Claimed gamertag?: Hi. I accidentally signed into my sister's account earlier today when I went to try and change my tag, instead of mine. The tag was available, and I attempted to claim it on my sister's account....
  7. Inactive Gamertag Claiming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inactive Gamertag Claiming: I'm sure this has been said before, but could it be included in the terms or something that if a user has not had Gold for over a year, their Gamertag can be claimed? Because too many people make...
  8. Please Investigate Glitched Gamertags And Release Them So People Can Properly Claim Them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please Investigate Glitched Gamertags And Release Them So People Can Properly Claim Them: So I've figured out why half of the GT's I can think of and want to claim are unavailable: it's because they're glitched and Microsoft hasn't been able to find these accounts and properly release...
  9. [BUG] Claim It gamertag button not working on some locales (Xbox.com)

in XBoX on Consoles
    [BUG] Claim It gamertag button not working on some locales (Xbox.com): Hey, so, first things first. On Xbox.com we are supposed to be able to change our gamertag after paying for it (when free change is used). When on the Tag change page (Sign in to your Microsoft...
  10. Trying to claim unused Gamertag but says taken. (Support suggested making thread)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to claim unused Gamertag but says taken. (Support suggested making thread): As the title states, I'm trying to get a tag that was released during the recycle but it still says taken. If you search for it, it says page not found or if searched from the friend page it says...