Classic Gamertag Change

Discus and support Classic Gamertag Change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is there a way to change my gamertag BUT only the classic one? (up to 15 characters etc.) I would like to keep my rn gamertag but change the classic... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by eviec2, May 29, 2022.

1. eviec2
    eviec2 Guest

Classic Gamertag Change

Is there a way to change my gamertag BUT only the classic one? (up to 15 characters etc.) I would like to keep my rn gamertag but change the classic one.

BG,

evie

:)

eviec2, May 29, 2022
  2. Big Boy Blobfish Win User

Unable to change gamertag

I'm trying to change my classic gamertag which is the one you see in games. My classic gamertag got changed and my Xbox One and Xbox App gamertag stayed the same (the Xbox One gamertag is the ones they added with the new gamertag system).

My Xbox One gamertag is different to my in-game gamertag and I want my classic gamertag to be changed. You can only change your classic gamertag on the Xbox One console, I have tried using the other ways and you can only change your Xbox Gamertag, not your
    classic gamertag.

The reason I want to change my classic gamertag is that the classic gamertag can be fifteen characters and the Xbox One gamertag can only be 12 characters. If I use the other ways to change my gamertag it limits me to 12 characters and sets both my gamertags
    to that.
  3. Sparks0267 Win User

New Gamertag System Suffix Issues

So you said I can change my classic gamertag. How do I change that after already changing my gamertag or do I have to change my entire gamertag again to change the classic one?
  4. Smwutches Win User

About my gamertag

The old 360 gamertag is now considered a "classic" gamertag. You would need to change your tag again. If it gives you the option to change the classic tag, you would only change that one. Or you would change it on a 360.
  5. Smwutches Win User

My Gamertag remain the same.

It's because you have a "classic" gamertag and a new one (as seen in your last photo). With the new gamertag policy, some people have both. It sounds like you changed the new one, but not the classic one. So the classic one will show up in areas that haven't been updated to work with the new gamertag policy which is why you're still seeing that one in places. You would have to change your tag again and see if it gives you the option to change the classic tag or change it on a 360.
  6. Arisya Win User

My Gamertag remain the same.

It's because you have a "classic" gamertag and a new one (as seen in your last photo). With the new gamertag policy, some people have both. It sounds like you changed the new one, but not the classic one. So the classic one will show up in areas that haven't been updated to work with the new gamertag policy which is why you're still seeing that one in places. You would have to change your tag again and see if it gives you the option to change the classic tag or change it on a 360.
    But i just change that suffix gamertag to rierara, the reason i paid the service gamertag just wanted to remove that suffix now u telling me to change it again? What?

So last time i paid it for which one? This is confusing.
Thema:

Classic Gamertag Change

1. Classic Gamertag Change - Similar Threads - Classic Gamertag Change

2. Not being able to change classic gamertag without paying

in XBoX Accessibility
    Not being able to change classic gamertag without paying: I recently decided to change my XBox gamertag due to me wanting to reflect my username on Minecraft Java edition on my recently acquired copy of Minecraft Bedrock edition. The process went...
  3. Can you change only your classic gamertag?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you change only your classic gamertag?: Hello! To help make myself clear, let me start by uploading this screenshot. [img] In general, when you change your gamertag, there's the option to customize how your tag will look on Xbox...
  4. How can I change customize classic gamertag after already changing gamertag

in XBoX on Mobile
    How can I change customize classic gamertag after already changing gamertag: So, I changed my gamertag, and i thought that minecraft was using new gamertag system so i didn't customize classic gamertag, but minecraft using old gamertag system... And now I got a gamertag...
  5. Classic gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Classic gamertag change: Hi My son paid £7.99 to change his gamertag, it hasn't changed but he only wanted to change the classic gamertag. It's not changed either, but tag is available. I'm stuck as I've no idea & as...
  6. Classic Gamertag changed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Classic Gamertag changed: Just today, i noticed that while playing a game, my displayed gamertag had completely changed seemingly without reason. The new gamertag is also very clearly randomly generated. My Gamertag on the...
  7. Change Classic Gamertag from default

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change Classic Gamertag from default: So I made a new account and it was assigned the gamertag PumpkinChunk519. I didn't really want that one, so I tried to change it to スリンク. Unfortunately, because the classic gamertag system doesn't...
  8. Classic Gamertag Changed Without Approval

in XBoX Accessibility
    Classic Gamertag Changed Without Approval: My xbox gamertag was changed recently without me being able to do anything about it. I got a message from Xbox saying that my gamertag was changed for being offending. My gamertag was: Nick7592....
  9. Want to change Classic Gamertqg but not Gamertag with the #

in XBoX on Mobile
    Want to change Classic Gamertqg but not Gamertag with the #: CG= Classic Gamertag GT#= Gamertag with the discord number at the back i want to change my CG but want to keep my GT# the same, when i go to change my GT# it says i own it and wont let me go to...
  10. Change of classic gamertag after rushed change

in XBoX on Windows
    Change of classic gamertag after rushed change: Hello, I just bought Halo MCC and rediscovered my old gamertag (Nev22) which I didn't like so I proceeded to change it. I put my new option in which was , the page told that that name was too...