Classic Gamertag Changed Without Approval

Discus and support Classic Gamertag Changed Without Approval in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My xbox gamertag was changed recently without me being able to do anything about it. I got a message from Xbox saying that my gamertag was changed for... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MR AWESOME 510, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Classic Gamertag Changed Without Approval

My xbox gamertag was changed recently without me being able to do anything about it. I got a message from Xbox saying that my gamertag was changed for being offending. My gamertag was: Nick7592. The
    same as my newer ID gamertag: Nick#7592. Now I still have the ID gamertag of Nick#7592 but my classic gamertag was changed to "RadiantFoal6865". Is there any way to fight this change? I obviously did not have an offending gamertag and now I can't change
    my classic gamertag or retain the ID gamertag as "Nick". I am also forced to spend $10 to change it.

:)

MR AWESOME 510, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

You would have to go to http://enforcement.xbox.com to submit a case review. If the enforcement team overturns their decision, you will be allowed to change it.
  3. Big Boy Blobfish Win User

Unable to change gamertag

I'm trying to change my classic gamertag which is the one you see in games. My classic gamertag got changed and my Xbox One and Xbox App gamertag stayed the same (the Xbox One gamertag is the ones they added with the new gamertag system).

My Xbox One gamertag is different to my in-game gamertag and I want my classic gamertag to be changed. You can only change your classic gamertag on the Xbox One console, I have tried using the other ways and you can only change your Xbox Gamertag, not your
    classic gamertag.

The reason I want to change my classic gamertag is that the classic gamertag can be fifteen characters and the Xbox One gamertag can only be 12 characters. If I use the other ways to change my gamertag it limits me to 12 characters and sets both my gamertags
    to that.
  4. Sparks0267 Win User

New Gamertag System Suffix Issues

So you said I can change my classic gamertag. How do I change that after already changing my gamertag or do I have to change my entire gamertag again to change the classic one?
  5. MichaelVick- Win User

Classic Gamertag changed

Ive found that Xbox Enforcement team has changed my gamertag. I have not recieved an email though. Only a message in my xbox messages saying that enforcement has changed my name. Now im trying to contact somebody to change it back because it doesnt break
    any rules, but the new issue is that the Enforcement.Xbox.com is nearly useless. It wont even let me sign in or review why it happened. But again, you and everybody in this forum were very helpful; far more than Xbox support has been.
  6. XBF Steven R Win User

Classic Gamertag changed

Hey there MichaelVick,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to investigate and attend to what's up with your name. I can totally understand how this could be pretty perplexing. Usually this happens when your someone reports your gamertag due to it being offensive.
    You can check this kind of thing by heading to
    enforcement

I would check that out for more information.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for reading!
Thema:

1. Classic Gamertag Changed Without Approval - Similar Threads - Classic Gamertag Changed

2. Classic gamertag revert

in XBoX on Consoles
    Classic gamertag revert: My original gamertag was “two inch arm”, I decided to keep my gamertag as that, but only change my classic. Yesterday, I tried reverting that WITH money, and it said there was an error, couldn’t...
  3. Can you change only your classic gamertag?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you change only your classic gamertag?: Hello! To help make myself clear, let me start by uploading this screenshot. [img] In general, when you change your gamertag, there's the option to customize how your tag will look on Xbox...
  4. Choice to keep classic gamertag in the future?

in XboX Insiders
    Choice to keep classic gamertag in the future?: When the new gamertag system rolls out in the future and newer games adapt to the system, I think it would be cool if we are allowed to display our classic gamertag everywhere instead of our new...
  5. How can I change customize classic gamertag after already changing gamertag

in XBoX on Mobile
    How can I change customize classic gamertag after already changing gamertag: So, I changed my gamertag, and i thought that minecraft was using new gamertag system so i didn't customize classic gamertag, but minecraft using old gamertag system... And now I got a gamertag...
  6. Classic gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Classic gamertag change: Hi My son paid £7.99 to change his gamertag, it hasn't changed but he only wanted to change the classic gamertag. It's not changed either, but tag is available. I'm stuck as I've no idea & as...
  7. Classic Gamertag changed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Classic Gamertag changed: Just today, i noticed that while playing a game, my displayed gamertag had completely changed seemingly without reason. The new gamertag is also very clearly randomly generated. My Gamertag on the...
  8. Change Classic Gamertag from default

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change Classic Gamertag from default: So I made a new account and it was assigned the gamertag PumpkinChunk519. I didn't really want that one, so I tried to change it to スリンク. Unfortunately, because the classic gamertag system doesn't...
  9. Want to change Classic Gamertqg but not Gamertag with the #

in XBoX on Mobile
    Want to change Classic Gamertqg but not Gamertag with the #: CG= Classic Gamertag GT#= Gamertag with the discord number at the back i want to change my CG but want to keep my GT# the same, when i go to change my GT# it says i own it and wont let me go to...
  10. Change of classic gamertag after rushed change

in XBoX on Windows
    Change of classic gamertag after rushed change: Hello, I just bought Halo MCC and rediscovered my old gamertag (Nev22) which I didn't like so I proceeded to change it. I put my new option in which was , the page told that that name was too...