Clicking noise

Discus and support Clicking noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently got the x box Series s and have been experiencing loud pops that sound like electric wires in my headsets right ear. I have tried multiple... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JV423, May 8, 2021.

1. JV423
    JV423 Guest

Clicking noise

I recently got the x box Series s and have been experiencing loud pops that sound like electric wires in my headsets right ear. I have tried multiple controllers and mics and they all had the same result. I have also restarted the x box and nothing changed. Do you know what this might be and how to fix it?

:)

JV423, May 8, 2021
  2. rfranken Win User

Clicking noise?

click...click...click............BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!

i'd run man
  3. Endgamez Win User

Clicking noise?

Mine doesn't do that.

And it certainly is NOT normal. When it's off, it's off. It shouldn't be making any noises, at all.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Clicking noise

A clicking noise could be any of the three components inside (fan, HDD, disc drive). I don’t know what kind of clicking you hear, so there’s not much info to go on from a forum post alone.

Do you experience problems with loading games and such? If so, probably the hard drive is about to go bad.

Do you have problems reading game discs and movies? If so, the disc drive is the issue.

At times when the Xbox plays games, the fan would usually spin faster to keep the system cool. Perhaps the clicking would be louder or more frequent. If this is the case, then the fan might be the issue.

If it’s outside of warranty, Microsoft may likely only let you replace the whole console at full price. You can check if this is the case by setting up a repair request and seeing a quote near the end (before you actually submit):
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com

For any additional assistance, I would contact Xbox Support (choose phone or chat):
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  5. Tex Dingo Win User

Clicking noise?

I don't think the console is totally shut down.. I have it set to turn on with voice so it goes into a low power setting right?
  6. BobMcFly247 Win User

Clicking noise

Is this sound coming directly from the xbox itslef or are you hearing these sounds over f.e. your speakers? If its coming directly from the device it may be a faulty bevoming harddrive so you better phone the support team on this to have your console serviced.

The number can be found at
    support.xbox.com/contact-us
Thema:

Clicking noise

1. Clicking noise - Similar Threads - Clicking noise

2. My Xbox Series X makes a clicking noise after I eject a disc and try to put another one in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X makes a clicking noise after I eject a disc and try to put another one in.: I got my Xbox Series X recently and I haven’t run into any other issues besides the fact that my console makes a clicking noise when I eject a disc and try to put a new one in. It also doesn’t try...
  3. Xbox one s not powering on and making clicking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s not powering on and making clicking noise: My xbox one s won't turn on at all no power button lighting up or power up noise and it just clicks it's around the fan area but I've checked the fan and it's fine has this happened to anyone...
  4. Xbox one will not turn on. Clicking noise coming from console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one will not turn on. Clicking noise coming from console: Hi there, I unplugged my xbox one last night from the wall socket and now when plugging it back in, it won’t turn on. There is a faint clicking noise coming from the console when plugged in, but...
  5. Xbox Series X buzzing/clicking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X buzzing/clicking noise: Hi everyone, My Xbox Series X has been making a buzzing/clicking sound when playing games and it varies from game to game. It also varies within the games themselves. I've made a Reddit post...
  6. New Series X Controller makes clicking noise that is getting louder. How do I contact...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Series X Controller makes clicking noise that is getting louder. How do I contact...: I noticed the clicking noise on both thumb-sticks since day one. It was slight but there, now the noise is very noticeable and seems to be getting louder. I have searched the internet for anyone...
  7. Xbox Series S is making a loud clicking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S is making a loud clicking noise: I received my Series S last week, and I noticed almost immediately that my system was making a loud clicking/squeaking noise after a few minutes of use. I assume it has something to do with the...
  8. Xbox Series X makes a mechanical clicking noise on Boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X makes a mechanical clicking noise on Boot: Hello. Today I got my XSX and it makes a mechanical clicking noise everytime I power it on. When booting from cold the mechanical sound comes after around 5 seconds and when fast booting it...
  9. Click-noise when switching on the XBOX Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Click-noise when switching on the XBOX Series X: Hi all, yesterday I received my pre-ordered XBOX Series X. Overall I'm very happy and overwhelmed. There is only one Thing that worries me a Little bit. Everytime I turn on the XBOX there is...
  10. Xbox One S? no longer turning on after "clicking" noises

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S? no longer turning on after "clicking" noises: HI all i was loading a game and started hearing a clicking (hard drive i would say) - Game doesnt load and i get generic error " took too long to load". I do a RESTART of the console which took...