clip license device id does not match the device id in the bound device license after...

Discus and support clip license device id does not match the device id in the bound device license after... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I just got my laptop back after switching the motherboard. Now when i try to redownload my games from the microsoft store it shows this clip... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Zackary595, May 19, 2022.

1. Zackary595
    Zackary595 Guest

clip license device id does not match the device id in the bound device license after...

Hello. I just got my laptop back after switching the motherboard. Now when i try to redownload my games from the microsoft store it shows this clip license device id error. I have already logged out of microsoft store and logged back in. I have already reset it with wsreset.exe and windows 10 tells me it is up to date. Can anyone help me figure this out?

:)

Zackary595, May 19, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

CLiP license id does not match the device in the bound device license

Hello, krazydiamkrazydiam. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Please try these steps:

- Completely uninstall Xbox App and Xbox Companion App (if you have both).

- Go to Start > Type PowerShell > Right click it and select “Run As Administrator” > Type the following command and press Enter (you can run one at a time):

Get-AppxPackage Xbox | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.GamingServices | Remove-AppxPackage –allusers

(If you receive an error when executing any of these commands, don't bother. Just follow the other steps here)

- Press Windows + R and type in "regedit". Press enter.

- Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

- Delete "GamingServices" and "GamingServices.net" (if they're still there).

- Click on Start > Credential Manager > Windows Credentials. Search for Xbl|DeviceKey, click on it and then Remove.

- Delete Accounts and Cache folders at:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

- Also delete Microsoft Store local cache files at:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking > Fix it.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Game Mode > Set if OFF.

- Press the Windows Key + R. Type WSReset.exe and press Enter.

- Restart Windows.

- If you're using a proxy, please stop using it for now:

- Press Windows Key + R. Type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings. Uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box. Click Ok.

- Please check if Date and Time is set correct. Uncheck "Set the time automatically", do it manually.

- Open Microsoft Store and make sure you are logged in with the correct account.

- Finally, install Xbox App (and Xbox Companion App if you had it) again. Open it and login to the correct Microsoft/Xbox account.

See if your games work after doing these steps. If they still don't work, please let me know.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

clip license device id does not match the device id in the bound device license after hardware changing

Hello, Zackary595. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Would you please try to reinstall the Gaming Services app on your PC?

- Go to Start > Search for PowerShell > Right Click > Run as Administrator.

- In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

- In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Also, please do these steps:

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox App > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Game Title > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking > Fix it.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Game Mode > Set if OFF.

- Press the Windows Key + R. Type WSReset.exe and press Enter.

- Restart your computer and login again to the Microsoft Store and the Xbox App.

See if this works and please let me know.
  4. Ironwilled Win User

device id

5. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User
  6. Francia J. Win User

Subscriptions & Device ID

Hi OliverGraham1, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

If the Xbox Device ID is not accessible for you, other information that the form will require will do but you just need to make sure that they are accurate to validate your ownership of the account.
Thema:

1. clip license device id does not match the device id in the bound device license after... - Similar Threads - clip license device

2. PC game clips can't be uploaded to XBox Live. Or can they...?

in XboX Insiders
    PC game clips can't be uploaded to XBox Live. Or can they...?: For a few years now the xbox companion app has been disabled, making uploading to xbox live basically impossible from PC. Except today after clipping some Ghost Recon Breakpoint AI being more A...
  3. Screenshots and clips made on xbox available via web?

in XboX Insiders
    Screenshots and clips made on xbox available via web?: Hey, so I cannot find a place where I can access my uploaded screenshots and video clips from the xbox through a browser, or any other way on my computer. I checked the xbox app for PC to no avail...
  4. Suggestions for profiles & clips

in XboX Insiders
    Suggestions for profiles & clips: Custom themes for our profiles would be cool! Also allowing us to clip gameplay with audio from parties. submitted by /u/kyusheruo [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox DVR clips

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox DVR clips: Good morning to everyone, i've been having an issue lately (started 3 days ago) while recording my clips on the xbox (series X), basically anytime i do a clip, the aforementioned has no sound...
  6. Clip Studio & Share to Party Members

in XboX Insiders
    Clip Studio & Share to Party Members: Hi Devs and Community, Be great to have a native Xbox clip editor similar to Studios that unceremoniously disappeared a couple years ago. Also, please add an option on Console to share clips or...
  7. CLiP license id does not match the device in the bound device license

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CLiP license id does not match the device in the bound device license: New PC with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. Downloaded a couple of games with Game Pass,and now when I try to play a game from the game pass I get a prompt saying "CLiP license id does not match...
  8. Can’t see the clips that my friend sends me

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t see the clips that my friend sends me: This has been happening for about a year now , every time I open a clip or screenshot he has sent me it says “ We can’t find what you have been looking for, try again in a while. If you still...
  9. Rainbow Six Siege Clips

in XBoX on Windows
    Rainbow Six Siege Clips: I play a lot of rainbow six siege and I tend to clip things such as kills, recently when I go to watch my clips back the clips freeze and go pixelated whenever I get a kill but it seems to be fine...
  10. clip license device id does not match the device id in the bound device license after...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    clip license device id does not match the device id in the bound device license after...: Hello. Have an issue with Xbox app after i upgraded my PC with new mobo, cpu, ram and ssd. When I try to run any game from gamepass it says: clip license device id does not match the device id in...