Clips created using Upload Studio have black thumbnails no matter how much I trim

Discus and support Clips created using Upload Studio have black thumbnails no matter how much I trim in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; No matter what I do, every clip I create using the Upload Studio App on the Xbox One comes out with a black thumbnail when viewing it afterwards from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BigDiaw, Jun 8, 2017.

1. BigDiaw
    BigDiaw Guest

Clips created using Upload Studio have black thumbnails no matter how much I trim

No matter what I do, every clip I create using the Upload Studio App on the Xbox One comes out with a black thumbnail when viewing it afterwards from my "Manage Captures" list.

This happens always even if I know the video doesn't start on a black screen. I attempt to trim it 5 seconds, still black. 10 seconds, still black.

Is there trick I don't know about that can guarantee the thumbnails for my clips are at the beginning of the clip and not a black image? Am I doing something wrong?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

BigDiaw, Jun 8, 2017
  2. Amulira
    Amulira Guest
    "No thumbnail" appear on my videos on Xbox live if i use Upload Studio ( Xbox One )

Hi!

Topic: Upload Studio app from Xbox One

Why when i edit a video with Upload Studio and send it to Xbox Live i have no thubmnail on it? No thumbnail appear on my videos on Xbox Live if i use Upload Studio! I have to re-do the edit twice or 3 times before i finally have a thumbnail on it!

if i send the video on Xbox live without using Upload Studio i have a thumbnail!

it's not the first time i use the app but the problem started a month ago i think!

Help me please!

Stéphane

Amulira, Jun 8, 2017
  3. SeaNee5
    SeaNee5 Guest
    Upload Studio No Longer Trimming

I can no longer Trim any clip on Upload Studio. It worked fine a few weeks ago but now when a press "A" to trim my selected clip timestamp in trim mode, it just goes back to the full length (30 second) original clip with no trim processed. I have uninstalled
    and reinstalled, I have also followed the xbox one recommended full power cycle down and back on process. - still the same issue. I have tried new and old clips - same issue. Any ideas on how to fix?

SeaNee5, Jun 8, 2017
  4. GrantGriffith Win User

Can you reupload a Game DVR/Upload Studio clip?

Yeah. It created the folder but didn't finish the upload. As a workaround I went into the Upload Studio and created a new clip and didn't trim anything. I just went ahead and uploaded again. It worked the second time. You just can't leave the app while the
    upload is happening it seems.
  5. x Htown Balla x Win User

My Titanfall Clips......

So I pretty much said xbox record that for all my awesome and some non awesome stuff. When into upload studio and trimmed each clip to get rid of the boring stuff. Uploaded them all to skydrive and then used arcsoft showbiz 5 to put all the clips together
    and music over top of it.
  6. Flymonkey102 Win User

App's or features you tried or came back to that amazed you

I get mad about the Upload Studio had slow updates but then I remember I can't trim clips at on the PS4.
  7. Wildboy Wiley Win User

Having trouble trimming a clip

I have now uploaded a video focusing on this issue, it shows me trimming the clips and the issues leading after that, I would hope if someone could watch it and give me some help related to the issue so I can fully trim this clip without any errors occuring,
    thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r2-yKb3D34
    After examining your video, and looking at it from my console, The "Trim" option you have available on that bar, isn't available in my app strangely. Not sure why that trim option is there, have you checked to see if the Xbox DVR has been updated recently?

Alternatively (as a work around) to trim your clip, you can "edit in Upload Studio" which will allow you trim the clip in that app (Simply pushing the left stick to move the starting point, and the right stick to move the ending
    point) and will allow you to save and upload the trimmed clip to xbox or onedrive as well.
  8. duggers76 Win User

Game DVR vs. Upload Studio vs. My Game Clips

Every clip you create using game dvr or clips that are automatically recorded, your friends can see, but if you want to share your clip with the Xbox community you have to upload them, with the upload studio.
Thema:

1. Clips created using Upload Studio have black thumbnails no matter how much I trim - Similar Threads - Clips created using

2. Alpha Skip Ahead - No audio in Final Fantasy XV, unable to record game clips and streaming...

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip Ahead - No audio in Final Fantasy XV, unable to record game clips and streaming...: I'm having a weird intermittent audio bug with Final Fantasy XV. I turn on my Xbox One X from a complete shutdown (today was after the dashboard update), start Final Fantasy XV, connect my...
  3. Help! Capture error(?) It only captures for 4 seconds when I want longer clips

in XboX Insiders
    Help! Capture error(?) It only captures for 4 seconds when I want longer clips: Idk if this is an insiders problem or an xbox problem but whenever I go to capture game clips instead of capturing the correct time (like 30 seconds) it only captures 4 every single time, it's...
  4. Trimming clips rarely works. Why? Workarounds?

in XboX Insiders
    Trimming clips rarely works. Why? Workarounds?: Trimming captures always gets stuck 3/4 of the way through the loading bar, and as a result many clips of a minute or more cannot be downsized for sharing purposes. Do we know why this occurs or...
  5. Any xcloud clips that work w/ the CHATPAD?

in XboX Insiders
    Any xcloud clips that work w/ the CHATPAD?: Planning some nextlevel shit. submitted by /u/gregp91 [link] [comments]
  6. Bug With Game Clips / External Storage, USB 3.0 Error

in XboX Insiders
    Bug With Game Clips / External Storage, USB 3.0 Error: I bought a USB 3.0 device with 64gb of space off amazon, I correctly formatted it for Xbox and started recording game clips on it, everything was fine. However it randomly started saying "to...
  7. xbox game bar clips

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game bar clips: I am trying to use the Xbox game bar to record my clips for various things. I figured out most of the user interface, but I have one problem. The clips will not record my mic audio unless I have...
  8. Game clip sharing to Live no longer auto sharing?

in XboX Insiders
    Game clip sharing to Live no longer auto sharing?: I have reported this, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue. My console updated last Saturday and since then none of my game clips (home + x) are uploading to my profile or...
  9. UPLOAD STUDIO - Clips created in Upload Studio cannot be shared on activity feed from Game ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UPLOAD STUDIO - Clips created in Upload Studio cannot be shared on activity feed from Game ...: When I first tried to help a couple folks with this, we thought it might be a NAT or internet issue (their NAT were strict or moderate). However, I just tried this out today and my NAT is open...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bug: can't save clip if clip created when console is offline: Very weird things happen to clips if you happen to create them when you're playing and you're not currently connected for whatever reason. Since this can happen without you actually realising it...