Cloud gaming compression.

Discus and support Cloud gaming compression. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve been running cloud gaming in my Xbox one S. Love the concept. I’ve been playing mediam. The compression and macroblocking is off the charts bad.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bhamnerky, Jan 14, 2022.

1. bhamnerky
    bhamnerky Guest

I’ve been running cloud gaming in my Xbox one S. Love the concept. I’ve been playing mediam.

The compression and macroblocking is off the charts bad. I run fiber and Ethernet and get 600-800 mps. My streaming services provide 4K that looks almost disk quality.

I know the outgoing stream costs must cost MS a large sum to provide game streams. And can accept that it will be tough to beat locally installed games. But man, there’s gotta be a way to improve. Even if it means paying more.

I’ve considered stop playing the game, because it is so good and I hate that it looks so bad. I’d buy it, but I’d have upgrade to s or X. Which might be the strategy play. I just hate to see a great concept suffer.

Anyone else feel this way?

:)

bhamnerky, Jan 14, 2022
  2. TheSpiralMatrix Win User

Anyone know if cloud computing takes extra bandwidth?

Very Small processes take very small amounts and so forth.

-

If you were to go onto OnLive and stream a game it could easily take up to 3mb+/hr. Biggest issues with cloud gaming/processing is Ping/Latency/Compression etc.

-

Expect only very minimal processes to be run in the cloud so people with limited monthly data shouldn't have an issue in most cases.
  3. smileskybird Win User

No External Storage at Launch

Why compress a 20GB game when it can easily fit onto a Blu-ray disc? We don't want games which need to be compressed real agro like compressing a game onto an Xbox 360 DVD disc.
  4. US Revenge Win User

Xbox One DDR3

Sony is going with the cloud, but for streaming games, the difference is, what sony is doing we know can be done, you can compress and decompress sound and graphics which is all that will be sent to the ps4. what MS claims they will do is much more complicated
    and pretty much every tech website has called them out on it.

-

if the cloud was so good they would have demonstrated it in game, they would go "this is X game with the cloud on, and this is the game when offline"

-

the reason gaming hasn't worked with the cloud (aside the small gaikai and onlive services) was the latency. it won't work as people expect it, people are acting like better than PC quality games will magically appear on their 360, when it won't work that
    way, or anywhere near it.
  5. ThroughStraw296 Win User

PS4 vs Xbox One In-Depth Stats Comparison pretty intresting

[quote user="SlR WALKEN"]

Yeah? Remember all the XB1 haters are saying that cloud gaming can't possibly work, so there'd be little reason for anyone to get excited about BC via Gaikai.

If they DO accept that, then Live's cloud processing is seriously going to leave the PS4's games in the dust.

[/quote]

what sony claims they will do is actually possible. their version of cloud gaming isn't streaming data, they are litterally streaming the images and sound. it's the equivalent of looking through your window and watching your neighbors TV or streaming a movie
    from netflix the difference is you are also playing.

-

MS is claiming that with the power of the cloud your xbox will magically transform into a more powerful console, be able to do immensly more calculation for AI and physics, which it won't. there is no known method atm of compressing and decompressing this
    sort of data in a timely fashion for gaming, the reason gaikai and on live work to a degree is they compress the image and sounds, send it to you console/pc which then decompresses the data and you see it. It's still not optimal compared to local hardware,
    and it will be interesting to see how gaikai plays out and if multiplayer actually works on it.
  6. StephenCasemore Win User

File Compression

Its a very good idea but also a bad idea

Its good because of the points you made in your thread.

Its bad because just like windows for example (if you have ever used file compression) sometimes you get problems with files that have been compressed, so on the xbox you could end up with the same problem and having to re-download it again anyway.
Thema:

1. Cloud gaming compression. - Similar Threads - Cloud gaming compression

2. UK - Xbox Cloud Gaming / Xcloud on PC - Unsupported Region?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UK - Xbox Cloud Gaming / Xcloud on PC - Unsupported Region?: Hi I booted up the Xbox app on my PC tonight and navigated to the Cloud Gaming section only to be presented with this: [img] I'm in the UK which is a supported region. I have double checked...
  3. Cloud Gaming on Windows 10 PC is unplayable with constant screen tearing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Gaming on Windows 10 PC is unplayable with constant screen tearing.: Hello! I have subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate only just to have the Cloud Gaming feature working on my Windows PC. In the first few weeks I had acceptable experience with gaming this way, but...
  4. Can Xbox cloud gaming access the progress I made on PC?

in XboX Insiders
    Can Xbox cloud gaming access the progress I made on PC?: I've been playing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order for a while on PC. I'm trying to play it on my MacBook air with Xbox cloud gaming but it has no progress in it. submitted by /u/genius92606...
  5. Cloud Gaming in other Regions

in XBoX on Windows
    Cloud Gaming in other Regions: Hi, Is anyone here knows when will the other regions get cloud gaming? I'm from the Philippines and cloud gaming is not yet supported. I also have Game Pass Ultimate. I hope someone can enlighten...
  6. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Cloud gaming error on iphone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Cloud gaming error on iphone: Good day all, Please note that I have upgraded to Xbox Games Pass ultimate as I enjoy playing all the Xbox games on my Windows 11 PC and I heard that I am able to play my games from my iPhone as...
  7. Xbox remote play with touch controls like cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox remote play with touch controls like cloud gaming: Hey Microsoft, Could you guys add touch screen controls from the cloud gaming and put the option in the Xbox app for remote play. Since cloud gaming is just running the games from the server...
  8. Xbox Cloud Gaming crashing on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Cloud Gaming crashing on PC: As soon as I attempt to get into any game on the service, the spaceship appears and the logo plays, but after that there is a black screen. Usually 1-2 minutes later a message saying "We are...
  9. Desktop Windows Manger Causing Lag While Cloud Gaming (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Desktop Windows Manger Causing Lag While Cloud Gaming (PC): Hi, Sometimes when I play halo infinite on the cloud (PC) my game start to get video and input lag (mostly input). I've noticed that whenever this happens my desktop windows manager has started...
  10. Xbox series x crashing all games except cloud play on game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x crashing all games except cloud play on game pass: All installed games are crashing or freezing on my xbox series x. I installed halo infinite and gears 5 from game pass, war thunder from the store and resident evil village from a disk and none of...