Cloud gaming compression.

Discus and support Cloud gaming compression. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve been running cloud gaming in my Xbox one S. Love the concept. I’ve been playing mediam. The compression and macroblocking is off the charts bad.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bhamnerky, Jan 14, 2022.

1. bhamnerky
    bhamnerky Guest

I’ve been running cloud gaming in my Xbox one S. Love the concept. I’ve been playing mediam.

The compression and macroblocking is off the charts bad. I run fiber and Ethernet and get 600-800 mps. My streaming services provide 4K that looks almost disk quality.

I know the outgoing stream costs must cost MS a large sum to provide game streams. And can accept that it will be tough to beat locally installed games. But man, there’s gotta be a way to improve. Even if it means paying more.

I’ve considered stop playing the game, because it is so good and I hate that it looks so bad. I’d buy it, but I’d have upgrade to s or X. Which might be the strategy play. I just hate to see a great concept suffer.

Anyone else feel this way?

:)

bhamnerky, Jan 14, 2022
  2. bhamnerky Win User

True. Latency is important. That said, I’d like some controls that lets me find the balance. I’d have less or more tolerance for latency depending on the game. A game like Median and other story based games, I could handle a bit. As compared to halo infinite. And it is story based games I’m mostly into. And story based games, the immersive images are important. 4K HDR takes a story based game to the next level.

But it begs the question who the target market is for cloud gaming. Is it just people who don’t care what their game looks like?

I’m more thinking it is just a way to let you quickly play games and see if you like it. And for that it is a really good idea. I’ve tried way more games than I did when I had to download.

and at the end of the day, they still what me to buy new hardware….so I’m thinking try before you buy is the only real use case. Unless something changes that lets you get less compression and a reasonable latency.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I do, but Cloud gaming is still in its infancy and more work will be done to make things better in the long run.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

not just about pure connection speed, it is latency that they have to account for, pumping more bitrate will introduce latency, you don't see this much with standard video content that you watch as it can buffer that, but with games latency is felt with the controls, press jump and if you have to much latency you will not see your character jump anywhere from .3 to 1.5 seconds which is the worse.

upload and download latency being very low is crucial for cloud gaming and with the current internet infrastructure around the world is difficult to work with.

unless you live next to a data center then you have to live with it.
  5. TheSpiralMatrix Win User

Anyone know if cloud computing takes extra bandwidth?

Very Small processes take very small amounts and so forth.

-

If you were to go onto OnLive and stream a game it could easily take up to 3mb+/hr. Biggest issues with cloud gaming/processing is Ping/Latency/Compression etc.

-

Expect only very minimal processes to be run in the cloud so people with limited monthly data shouldn't have an issue in most cases.
  6. smileskybird Win User

No External Storage at Launch

Why compress a 20GB game when it can easily fit onto a Blu-ray disc? We don't want games which need to be compressed real agro like compressing a game onto an Xbox 360 DVD disc.
Thema:

1. Cloud gaming compression. - Similar Threads - Cloud gaming compression

2. Problem with my wireless xbox controller and cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with my wireless xbox controller and cloud gaming: Hello, I just recently bought game pass ultimate. I was playing halo infinite for several hours and everything was working great, I decided to try a different game and when I started up a new...
  3. Microsoft is so focused on cloud gaming that it forgot about console hardware

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft is so focused on cloud gaming that it forgot about console hardware: Doesn't it seem like that? EVERY major xbox announcement is about Xcloud and things like 'XCLOUD GETTING A HUGE UPDATE' Seems like it forgot about us classic gamers...
  4. Cloud Gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Gaming: So I recently bought the ThrustMaster Hotas joystick for Xbox One For Microsoft Flight Sim i didnt work when i tried to use it so i went into control options on the sim to see if i could do...
  5. Why do I always get redirected to Xbox support when signing into Xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I always get redirected to Xbox support when signing into Xbox cloud gaming?: I like to play Xbox games via cloud gaming on android. But whenever I try to sign into my Xbox account by clicking on sign in. It redirects me straight to Xbox support, and it says that I'm using...
  6. I had the XBOX one X ,about 70 games in the cloud how do I get them back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had the XBOX one X ,about 70 games in the cloud how do I get them back?: I had the XBOX one X ,about 70 games in the cloud how do I get them back? 4b2c0fbf-84be-49d8-808a-61cdd7fabc97
  7. Mouse & Keyboard for Windows Cloud Gaming

in XboX Insiders
    Mouse & Keyboard for Windows Cloud Gaming: Is there a possibility to already test the announced Mouse & Keyboard support for Xbox Cloud Gaming on a Windows machine? submitted by /u/Charming-Truck-5873 [link] [comments]
  8. Local co-op via xbox cloud gaming (2 controllers connected to PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Local co-op via xbox cloud gaming (2 controllers connected to PC): I was wondering if I can play couch co-op with games like MK11, FIFA 22, Halo Master Chief Collection, etc with 2 controllers connected to my PC with the Xbox cloud gaming service?...
  9. Xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox cloud gaming: I use Xbox cloud gaming and I play fortnite from there. I'll be playing and it says 'you're only allowed to play on 1 device, session ended because you're playing elsewhere' and I won't be playing...
  10. Skate 3 Cloud Gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skate 3 Cloud Gaming: Hi, I have bought the Ultimate Game Pass in hopes to play Skate 3 on PC. When I attempt to launch Skate 3 my screen goes black for about half a second, then I'm returned back to the xbox app....