Cloud Gaming - Save not carrying over in some games but not others ?

Discus and support Cloud Gaming - Save not carrying over in some games but not others ? in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hey there ! So few months ago I tried the Game Pass (I play on PC and don't own an Xbox) and kept the subscription going considering the great choice... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Erytas, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Erytas
    Erytas New Member

Hey there !

So few months ago I tried the Game Pass (I play on PC and don't own an Xbox) and kept the subscription going considering the great choice and quality of games available.

I upgraded it to Ultimate and tried my luck with the cloud gaming on Androir this morning, but I'm left puzzled.

For some titles, my save file carries over just fine from PC (e.g. Enter the Gungeon, I literally resumed, on mobile, where I left my last run on PC), and for some it doesn't (Dead Cells and Monster Sanctuary for the few I've tried) and I need to start over. Doesn't seem like my achievements carry over either, for those two.

Game page of each of those games says it's available on all 3 platforms (xbox, cloud, pc), so I don't get why some work and some not ? Different version ? Bug ? Can't find my save file ? Is there some workaround available ?

Erytas, Aug 9, 2021
  2. GRAW2ROBZ Win User

BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY LIMITED LIST

Achievements carry over. But some story mode games saves don't carry over unless you have them stored in the cloud or have external HDD and save then take it to XBOX1. Not sure if flash drives work yet for XBOX1? I know my GTA5 story mode didn't carry
    over only online rank and achievements. Story mode I started over. If I had a cloud save then it would of worked.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Connecting my 360 user to my Xbox One

Hi Sterling,

Are you referring to transferring game data or progress from one account to another? If so, then that is not possible unfortunately. Saved data is account specific and can't be shared or linked with other accounts.

If you are just simply trying to add a profile you had on your Xbox 360 to your Xbox One, you can do so by just putting in the login information for that account on your Xbox One.

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/add-remove-account-xbox-one

Your gamertag will carry over and any digital games you own will also carry over. In order for 360 game saves to carry over, you need to make sure your Xbox Live cloud storage is enabled on the 360 and back up or move the saved data from your storage device
    to the cloud storage. Anything from the Xbox Live cloud storage will sync to the Xbox One over the network connection to Xbox Live once you start the game on the Xbox One.

Here are some support articles to guide you:

1. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/cloud-save-games
    2. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/cloud-save-troubleshoot
    3. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/game-saves-in-the-cloud-faq
  4. MrAdyCarter Win User

Xbox Live Progression Carry Over

If your saves are in the cloud, or you can move them over to the cloud via a 360, then your progress SHOULD carry over, provided when those titles are on BC that they work with cloud saves, There have been some titles so far that do not
  5. cheesyhunter1 Win User

Questions over Backwards Compatibility

If you save your games to cloud xbox one will carry on that save
  6. Smwutches Win User

Does xbox game data carry over console to console?

No. 360 game saves do not transfer to the One at all. For some games, in-game stats and things will carry over, but not game saves.
Thema:

1. Cloud Gaming - Save not carrying over in some games but not others ? - Similar Threads - Cloud Gaming Save

2. Xbox Cloud gaming (Xbox 360 game) unable to save

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud gaming (Xbox 360 game) unable to save: Hi all, I've been unable to save any new progress in fable 2 for the last 3 days. fyi I only play on the cloud. I keep getting the error message before starting "Saved games are still uploading...
  3. Xbox PC cloud gaming save data issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC cloud gaming save data issue: I am trying to stream games through Google chrome Xbox cloud gaming PC beta. Since yesterday I have been having an issue where all of my cloud save data has disappeared and I can no longer save...
  4. Can't save in any X360 games launched in Xbox Cloud Gaming

in XboX Insiders
    Can't save in any X360 games launched in Xbox Cloud Gaming: Currently, I'm trying to play at X360 games using the xbox cloud gaming service on the Edge browser on my PC. The games seem to work perfectly but each time I launch a new session of a X360 game,...
  5. Is there a way to force cloud saving if not actually quitting game?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to force cloud saving if not actually quitting game?: When I play a game on my Series X and shut down the console rather than quit the game first, if later I go to play on Game Streaming the saves are nearly always out of date - and vice versa. I...
  6. Help with game saves on xbox cloud gaming (beta)

in XboX Insiders
    Help with game saves on xbox cloud gaming (beta): I have been playing plague tale on my pc through microsoft edge browser with xcloud. I have access to this service through the xbox ultimate game pass. Recently I decided I wanted to download the...
  7. Cloud Gaming on mobile is not using my saved data for MLB The Show

in XBoX on Mobile
    Cloud Gaming on mobile is not using my saved data for MLB The Show: I first set up cloud gaming on my game pass app the other day in preparation for me going on vacation and being able to still do my daily missions. Upon launching it for the first time it said...
  8. the outer worlds game pass pc no cloud saves

in XBoX on Windows
    the outer worlds game pass pc no cloud saves: I completed the outer worlds when it launched on game pass for pc and now wanted to return and play the dlc but when i reinstalled the game there was no sign of the syncing data window and it just...
  9. Game Pass Cloud Isn't Uploading or Downloading Save Data (360 games, Android)

in XBoX on Mobile
    Game Pass Cloud Isn't Uploading or Downloading Save Data (360 games, Android): Been getting the error: Saved games are still uploading for the [username] on another Xbox. If you use cloud saves in this session, you may lose progress. This has been preventing me from playing...
  10. Xbox Play Anywhere game doesn't support cloud saves - but that's an integral feature!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Play Anywhere game doesn't support cloud saves - but that's an integral feature!: Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries recently released on consoles, allowing them to put the game in the Play Anywhere program due to the fact that they released the game on PC Game Pass back in 2020. The...