Cloud Sync reverted my save to older one

Discus and support Cloud Sync reverted my save to older one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had played Forza Horizon 3 on my Xbox Series X. I continued to play it on my Windows 10 PC for a couple of weeks by using cloud saves. Then after a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JoelPelkonen, Feb 12, 2021.

1. JoelPelkonen
    JoelPelkonen Guest

I had played Forza Horizon 3 on my Xbox Series X. I continued to play it on my Windows 10 PC for a couple of weeks by using cloud saves. Then after a couple of weeks playing on PC, I wanted to play again on Series X. The game had Quick Resume on so it continued from a weeks old save From the last time I played on console. It automatically synced to the cloud. I thought it would sync me to the most recent save from the PC version but it apparently overwrote my newest cloud save from PC wit the old save from console. I quit my game and deleted my local console save but it still downloaded the old save from cloud.

Is there a way to retrieve the PC save from the cloud? It’s pretty bad oversight if quick resume makes it possible to lose weeks worth of saves.

:)

JoelPelkonen, Feb 12, 2021
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Is it possible to revert a cloud save made for a game?

Hello Brussell,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. We understand that you would like to revert, or have Microsoft revert a cloud save to an older save file. Unfortunately that is not possible. Once a cloud save file is overwritten, nothing can be done to get
    it back. The screen where you select which save file to go with is the last chance to keep that file before it is overwritten.
  3. {Parity} Win User

Restore gamesaving

Not if it has been overwritten or deleted. The saves are typically stored on the console and in the cloud. If it hasn't been overwritten in both places you may be able to sync it from the older save.
  4. Mister Beep Win User

Data Sync

Hey there,

Were you playing offline for most of the time before you had internet installed? If so, syncing from the cloud after connecting to the internet may have replaced your save with an earlier save when your Xbox One console might have been connected before.
    Unfortunately in this scenario there isn't a way to replace the newly synced cloud save with an older local only save.

Hope this helps clear it up, and sincere apologies for any frustration this may cause.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Can someone at Microsoft Access specific saves on the cloud?

Unfortunately, no one can bring back a specific save, as they don't keep a history of your previous save games.

However, if the console hasn't synced this corrupted save, try the following:

Go to the game tile, and press the Menu button.

Choose to manage the game.

Delete the local savegame from your console, and start the game. The console should try to sync the save from the cloud.

If that was successful, and you have an older savestate that works, congratulations.

If that didn't work, and the cloud save is corrupted as well, you will unfortunately have to start over, by deleting the local save as well as from the cloud, by choosing both buttons in the game management screen.
  6. NewBlacksmurf Win User

I lost my FORZA HORIZON 2 game save(XBOX ONE)

Just to make sue I understand...Are you connected online?

The Xbox One will automatically sync your saves to the cloud unless you're not online...with the latest save.

Per the link below or in your own words....what happened to the save?

support.xbox.com/.../manage-cloud-saves

-Error: “We couldn’t sync your info with the cloud.”

-Error: “Your other Xbox is taking a long time to sync to the cloud.”

-Error: ”We can’t save additional info for…”
Thema:

1. Cloud Sync reverted my save to older one - Similar Threads - Cloud Sync reverted

2. Syncing game save taking ages using win 10 cloud streaming

in XboX Insiders
    Syncing game save taking ages using win 10 cloud streaming: When testing cloud streaming through windows 10 browser does anyone else's save data take forever to sync, 30 mins it's been stuck on the syncing screen trying to boot up Forza Horizon 4, other...
  3. Xbox 360 cloud syncing 2021

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 cloud syncing 2021: Hiya, So I've recently tried to get a friend to upload my Minecraft worlds from his xbox 360 to xbox one and there are no worlds. I'm mainly wondering if the cloud updating applied to all of...
  4. syncing Dragon Quest XI on console corrupts the cloud save file and makes it unusable on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    syncing Dragon Quest XI on console corrupts the cloud save file and makes it unusable on PC: Is anyone else having issues syncing DQXI between console and PC? The game was running fine until I wanted to try the game on my Xbox Series X (I wanted to see how it ran compared to my PC). After...
  5. syncing Dragon Quest XI on console corrupts the cloud save file and makes it unusable on PC

in XboX Insiders
    syncing Dragon Quest XI on console corrupts the cloud save file and makes it unusable on PC: Is anyone else having issues syncing DQXI between console and PC? The game was running fine until I wanted to try the game on my Xbox Series X (I wanted to see how it ran compared to my PC). After...
  6. Wordament 'Cloud sync error' on Android

in XBoX on Mobile
    Wordament 'Cloud sync error' on Android: I get the 'Cloud Sync Error' message everytime I open Wordament on my android mobile phone and log in to my account. This has been happening for many weeks now. If I log in to my wife's account...
  7. "We are unable to sync your data with the cloud at the moment." error when syncing save data

in XBoX on Windows
    "We are unable to sync your data with the cloud at the moment." error when syncing save data: I'm getting this error when I try and start Gears 5 and Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I understand that this is in the 'known issues' thread, but I have followed the troubleshooting steps in that...
  8. Sync with Cloud saving

in XBoX on Windows
    Sync with Cloud saving: Hey , I have an issue with Gears 5 , Halo: MCC and Dirt 5 cloud sync. For last 5-7 days , everytime when I try to log in games - it shows me that something happened during cloud sync and it asks...
  9. How to fix "We cant sync your data to the cloud right now" message

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix "We cant sync your data to the cloud right now" message: Small note before going onto the actual question: I have Control on Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Ok, so I tried to play Control again yesterday, but this time, when i got to where it tried to sync my...
  10. Can't sync cloud saves of gamespass titles

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't sync cloud saves of gamespass titles: I have a problem with the cloud-save functionality of windows store games. I have the Gamepass Ultimate subscription and wanted to play Octopath Traveler. It works on my xbox without a problem....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cloud saves reverted to older cersion xbox