COD: lag issues, game turns off internet on xbox

Discus and support COD: lag issues, game turns off internet on xbox in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; COD: lag issues, game turns off internet on xbox Hi. I'm also having loads of issues with COD on my One X. Last night it was really laggy and quite... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Ca114fire, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Ca114fire
    Ca114fire Guest

Hi. I'm also having loads of issues with COD on my One X. Last night it was really laggy and quite often freezes.

I've found doing a full console restart fixes it for that game session.

:)

Ca114fire, Dec 20, 2019
  2. taidara Win User

Having the same issue.

I'm currently living in an inn with shared free wifi so I figured that was the issue but then I got curious and looked into a few things

yes i understand wired is better. but i have 100% signal strength according to my xbox

So, I ran speedtest.net... results on pc were 40ms ping 12.5mbps down 10.75mbps up 0% packetloss.

Command prompt ping google.com

Ping statistics for 172.217.10.46:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 33ms, Maximum = 35ms, Average = 33ms

However

Pinging microsoft.com [40.76.4.15] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Pinging xboxlive.com [104.215.95.187] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 104.215.95.187:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

I assume pinging microsoft server failure was due to ddos protection of some sort but i was curious

when I run the factory xbox one software network speed and statistics:

Download Speed: 3.10Mbps

Upload speed: 2.85 Mpbs

2% packet loss

1480 MTU

66ms ping

100% wireless strength

IPV4 which is also peculiar because my pc has a protocol 6 address, why would the xbox not?

speedtest,net run through microsoft edge internet browser on xbox 1

180ms ping 2.3mbps down 1.2mbps up

ISP is spectrum unsure of modem/router make and model but when when I threw home address in browser ( in this case 192,168.100.1 why people gotta mess with the classics?) it brought me to a login screen which I'm assuming belongs to the router of
    Inn but was a Verizon splash screen.

To skip IT formalities and make this quicker, no hard wire is not an option.

Yes my modem is plugged in.

Yes my router is plugged in.

Yes I turned it off and turned it back on. With all devices.

also worth noting open nat type, and the network data in COD MW software in options menu shows i'm connected to first party xbox live servers, i'm connected to the call of duty servers, and the bandwidth is 4035217 Kbps.

Would it maybe be worth trying to clone the mac of a device i don't use on the wifi often?

which by the way what a peculiar function to have on a console. The only other thing I know of that can change mac addresses is a specific linux distribution.
    If you haven't already, please go ahead and start a new thread, with a detailed description of your situation.
  3. LOL IM A BUSH Win User

Having the same issue.

I'm currently living in an inn with shared free wifi so I figured that was the issue but then I got curious and looked into a few things

yes i understand wired is better. but i have 100% signal strength according to my xbox

So, I ran speedtest.net... results on pc were 40ms ping 12.5mbps down 10.75mbps up 0% packetloss.

Command prompt ping google.com

Ping statistics for 172.217.10.46:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 33ms, Maximum = 35ms, Average = 33ms

However

Pinging microsoft.com [40.76.4.15] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Pinging xboxlive.com [104.215.95.187] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 104.215.95.187:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

I assume pinging microsoft server failure was due to ddos protection of some sort but i was curious

when I run the factory xbox one software network speed and statistics:

Download Speed: 3.10Mbps

Upload speed: 2.85 Mpbs

2% packet loss

1480 MTU

66ms ping

100% wireless strength

IPV4 which is also peculiar because my pc has a protocol 6 address, why would the xbox not?

speedtest,net run through microsoft edge internet browser on xbox 1

180ms ping 2.3mbps down 1.2mbps up

ISP is spectrum unsure of modem/router make and model but when when I threw home address in browser ( in this case 192,168.100.1 why people gotta mess with the classics?) it brought me to a login screen which I'm assuming belongs to the router of
    Inn but was a Verizon splash screen.

To skip IT formalities and make this quicker, no hard wire is not an option.

Yes my modem is plugged in.

Yes my router is plugged in.

Yes I turned it off and turned it back on. With all devices.

also worth noting open nat type, and the network data in COD MW software in options menu shows i'm connected to first party xbox live servers, i'm connected to the call of duty servers, and the bandwidth is 4035217 Kbps.

Would it maybe be worth trying to clone the mac of a device i don't use on the wifi often?

which by the way what a peculiar function to have on a console. The only other thing I know of that can change mac addresses is a specific linux distribution.
  4. FRA wappa69 Win User

Hi...thank you for posting your thread and im sorry to hear of the issues your experiencing.

Firstly are you wired or wireless?

Wired is always your best option for online console gameplay and always recommended.

Thank you
  5. CYA007 Win User

Hi,

Do you have that problem just with one game?

thank you for using the forum
  6. Kalmarn Win User

Hi. I'm also having loads of issues with COD on my One X. Last night it was really laggy and quite often freezes.

I've found doing a full console restart fixes it for that game session.
Thema:

1. COD: lag issues, game turns off internet on xbox - Similar Threads - COD lag issues

2. Aiming lag on Scorpio cod ww2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Aiming lag on Scorpio cod ww2: So I bought a new TV lg uj7700 it has quite low input lag and almost no motion blur in game mode. And the new Xbox one x. When I'm playing the newest call of duty ww2 it feels like when I'm...
  3. Lagging Bad On COD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lagging Bad On COD: Hi xbox guys and gals. I lag real bad like 1 sec or so on COD AW all the time. My download speed is 2.10 mbps. My upload speed is .57 mbps,and my ping is 13ms. Any suggestions what i need to do to...
  4. Nonstop lag and 1 bar ping on COD AW

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nonstop lag and 1 bar ping on COD AW: I have had ninothing but trouble trying to play. My ping is always bouncing down to one bar and the lag is awful. I'm in Iowa. Is there a problem with the servers? I have doubled my internet...
  5. cod lag switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cod lag switch: i thought that was dealt with but today me and 2 others friends were playing and there was this kid lag switching everytime u went near him its sad that treyarch wont do anything about from what i...
  6. lag will be the death of cod

in XBoX Games and Apps
    lag will be the death of cod: why dont they deal with it, sick to death of the lag and the controls arent as responsive as in other cods instead of thinking how much money they drag in they should sort the connection issue...
  7. Cod ghosts lag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cod ghosts lag: I normally have great connection... I play cod ghosts mostly but I've tried other games like Gta and battlefield and everything has crazy lag.. It's unplayable.. I just wanna play cod ;(.. Any...
  8. Xbox One COD Gosts Lag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One COD Gosts Lag: Hey, I've had COD Ghosts for my Xbox One since Chrismas, and I am beginning to experience an unplayable lag. It's most definitely not my router doing this or my connection. When I tried to play...
  9. The lag is terrible in certain games. DS3, COD and others run fine, Overwatch lags so i can't ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The lag is terrible in certain games. DS3, COD and others run fine, Overwatch lags so i can't ...: I can play dark souls 3, call of duty, and even rainbow 6 siege without any issues. I have pretty decent internet of 40mb/s. But overwatch is legit unplayable. I lag so bad i can't walk. yet my...
  10. COD lagging

in XBoX on Consoles
    COD lagging: Hey everyone. Have noticed lately that when I join a lobby (usually when I am the last one) the game starts "somewhere" after the actual countdown. In other words, when my character actually...