Code region-locked

Discus and support Code region-locked in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; My friend cannot redeem 2 codes which i gifted to him because they are from a different region even though we live in the same country/region. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by fahadali2, May 16, 2019.

1. fahadali2
    fahadali2 Guest

Code region-locked

My friend cannot redeem 2 codes which i gifted to him because they are from a different region even though we live in the same country/region.

I checked online to see if i can refund it and I am not able to so is there any way my friend could redeem the code or I could get a refund?

:)

fahadali2, May 16, 2019
  2. Bluntman1138 Win User

** GAME DEAL ** 1 year Xbox Live $35.00 at Best Buy (1-27 to 2-2)

Tataki. Gold sub cards are not region locked, should be the same with digital codes as well as long as it is a sub code. POINT codes are region locked though.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Redeeming codes from different regions

If the code is region locked there is no way around it. It would have to be redeemed in the region it is meant for. If the code is for a game and the game itself is region locked, then your account region and your physical location would also have to match
    that region.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Issues regarding dlc and digital codes for xbox 360

If the game is region locked then a code for the game will be region locked. In order to download region locked content, your account region has to match your physical location and you have to be in a region where the game is available.
  5. juan van Win User

Is The Xbox LIVE Code From Amazon Region Locked?

Yes 12 month codes are region free - some 12 +1 cards are region locked.

MS points are Region locked
  6. ngocphi Win User

IS DLC region locked

well thats a given

prepaid dlc codes are region locked to the account region so if you get japanese code and you have an american account then it will be invalid

blackops dlc in particular is region locked to the physical region and the region it was purchased in
Thema:

Code region-locked

1. Code region-locked - Similar Threads - Code region locked

2. Are Game Pass codes region locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are Game Pass codes region locked?: I am going to be gifted a 12 month subscription to game pass. It will be bought in the UK but my account is US. Will I be able to redeem this? 619014e9-04a5-4fc4-a45f-f4d62aa603c3
  3. Are game pass codes region locked?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Are game pass codes region locked?: I was thinking about redeeming some of my Microsoft Rewards points to gift a friend Game Pass for Christmas, so them and their kids could enjoy more things to play, but they live in Canada, and...
  4. Region lock codes

in XBoX Accessibility
    Region lock codes: hay my friend has bought me the the wingmen starter pack for fortnite and i tried redeeming the code but it said to "contact the seller to get a code that works in my region" so what do I do?...
  5. Region locked code

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Region locked code: Hi one of my friends bought me a copy of rainbow six siege as a gift on the store but he is in the States and I’m in Australia and the code won’t work what can I can do?...
  6. Region locked code

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Region locked code: Well, My uncle from the U.S. came to visit us in Mexico and it just so happens that he brought me as a present a Fallout 4 copy which happened to include a Fallout 3 redeemable code but it appears...
  7. Will a Red dead redemption 2 code which is region locked to the US work in the UK

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will a Red dead redemption 2 code which is region locked to the US work in the UK: I've seen multiple threads saying that xbox one isn't region locked but some games are, but I can't seem to find enough information to form a conclusion. I'm buying off my friend in the US but he...
  8. I gifted a friend a starter pack and it's region locked how do I get the code for his region?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gifted a friend a starter pack and it's region locked how do I get the code for his region?: I I recently bought a starter pack for the game Terra for a friend and need to figure out a way to get the code because it's region locked how do I go about this to get the code for Canada?...
  9. Codes are region locked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Codes are region locked: Hello, Recently, I contacted one the xbox online chat employees, sent me directly to your support. I sent him those gears of war codes Said that you may replace these codes to non region...
  10. 12 Months Live Code Region Locked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    12 Months Live Code Region Locked...: Hi. When trying to redeem my United Kingdom xbox live subscription code I get an error message saying it is locked in this region. These types of codes have always been region free so I don't...