coil whine or fan noise?

Discus and support coil whine or fan noise? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It's not very noticeable at the dashboard, but it's there and I mainly hear it from the right side of the console. It's gets far louder in games like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by elitecorvette72, Nov 10, 2017.

1. coil whine or fan noise?

It's not very noticeable at the dashboard, but it's there and I mainly hear it from the right side of the console. It's gets far louder in games like halo 5 or other 4k games. It's extremely annoying and I can hear it from across the room. My first xbox
    one x did this, so I exchanged it and this one does the same thing. Is this affecting anyone else? It's just a buzzing sound.

:)

elitecorvette72, Nov 10, 2017
  2. Noise in the adapter of ac

What kind of noises do you hear?

I'd imagine the noises it would normally make are probably a hum from the fan or coil whine (maybe).

Internet Expert, Nov 10, 2017
  3. Seed686
    Seed686 Guest
    Buzzing noise from power pack!

im returning mine. Mine when on makes a sound like there's a wire touching the fan. when i turn it off it makes a whine noise. It's off! Piece o crap. Like coil whine.

Seed686, Nov 10, 2017
  4. coil whine or fan noise?

I'm thinking this might be an electrical thing. How is it plugged in for power? Microsoft recommends you plug it directly into the wall outlet, and not into a power strip or surge protector.

Internet Expert, Nov 10, 2017
  5. It's not plugged into a surge protector, it's plugged directly into an outlet.

elitecorvette72, Nov 14, 2017
  6. It's plugged into an outlet, so it can't be that. my responses seem to disappear for some reason so sorry if I accidentally give 3 replies.

elitecorvette72, Nov 14, 2017
  7. oOSeCuRiTyXx
    oOSeCuRiTyXx Guest
    I had the same problem with my original Xbox One X. Xbox Support told me to either send in for repair or exchange at the retailer and I chose to exchange. My new console is extremely quiet. I would recommend you do the same as I think there may be an issue
    with faulty fans in some Xbox One X consoles. I have just replied to a similar thread on here and had someone mention it to me on Twitter following my replacement. Does it sound like any of the videos on YouTube if you search 'Xbox One X fan noise'? I found
    that plugging the console directly into the wall made no difference either. I've got the replacement console plugged into a surge protected extension.

oOSeCuRiTyXx, Nov 17, 2017
  8. coil whine or fan noise?

Well the console I have now is a replacement console, both have made the same sound, there aren't many left around here so I don't wanna not have my console. Sorry about the late reply .

elitecorvette72, Nov 1, 2018
  9. Irixion Win User

Noisy USB line.

Rereading your post, it could also very well be something known as "coil whine", and there's nothing you can do about it. It's just the way your controller is. If it's the controller and only the controller, then that's what it is. Controllers have no fans
    inside, if your console isn't making any noises when the controller is not plugged in, I can just assume that it's coil whine. Besides, fans make a grinding sound rather than a high pitched whine when they're failing.
  10. elitecorvette72 Win User

coil whine or fan noise?

I'm thinking this might be an electrical thing. How is it plugged in for power? Microsoft recommends you plug it directly into the wall outlet, and not into a power strip or surge protector.
    It's not plugged into a surge protector, it's plugged directly into an outlet.
  11. Internet Expert Win User

coil whine or fan noise?

12. oOSeCuRiTyXx Win User

coil whine or fan noise?

I had the same problem with my original Xbox One X. Xbox Support told me to either send in for repair or exchange at the retailer and I chose to exchange. My new console is extremely quiet. I would recommend you do the same as I think there may be an issue
    with faulty fans in some Xbox One X consoles. I have just replied to a similar thread on here and had someone mention it to me on Twitter following my replacement. Does it sound like any of the videos on YouTube if you search 'Xbox One X fan noise'? I found
    that plugging the console directly into the wall made no difference either. I've got the replacement console plugged into a surge protected extension.
  13. elitecorvette72 Win User

coil whine or fan noise?

It's plugged into an outlet, so it can't be that. my responses seem to disappear for some reason so sorry if I accidentally give 3 replies.
Thema:

coil whine or fan noise?

1. coil whine or fan noise? - Similar Threads - coil whine fan

2. Coil Whine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Coil Whine: Over the past few months I've begun experiencing a loud chirping noise from my OG Xbox One. Because it's obviously out of warranty I ignored it. Sometimes I would do a full shutdown and then the...
  3. Xbox one coil whine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one coil whine: Okay. So, considering how many posts I've made on here in the past few days, I'll make this my last one. Don't want to get annoying or anything, haha. But yeah, I had an issue with my disc drive...
  4. Coil Whining

in XBoX on Consoles
    Coil Whining: Hello, I recently bought a used Xbox One, manufactured in november 2013. It has the coil whining that is well doumented online, e.g. in this video: https://youtu.be/YrP-nwdZL9U I'm aware I'm...
  5. Xbox One X coil whine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X coil whine: Hello everyone, I just got my Xbox One X but it makes this sound when running that li pretty much like my PS4 Pro … a coil whine. You can hear it on this recording...
  6. Xbox One S coil whine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S coil whine: Split from this thread. When I turn Off everything when I'm just at Home with One S its making a Whining noise as well barely heard unless you realize what's heard...
  7. Probably Coil Whine on Xbox One X: will be fixed with a MS Update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Probably Coil Whine on Xbox One X: will be fixed with a MS Update?: Hello. Buzzing sound on the right of console, printer like not so loud but audible by approaching the ear. What is (coil, fan, power pack, Hard Disk heads ecc.) and it's normal on all One X? If...
  8. Xbox one X-Buzzing sound, Possible Coil whine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X-Buzzing sound, Possible Coil whine?: Hello My one x is manifesting a weird issue.When i play some games i hear a weird buzzing sound. Sometimes is changing the intensity depending on the game i play. For example in Witcher 3 is a...
  9. Xbox One X Buzzing Sound/Coil Whine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Buzzing Sound/Coil Whine: Hey, I've had a xbox one x scorpio edition for a few months now, multiple times i've sent it back to microsoft for a replacement and/or "repair", however it still has the same issue. When in any...
  10. Xbox One S coil whine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S coil whine: Just got a new 500GB Xbox One S and it sounds like it has the coil whine issue I had on the original model! I was one of the owners who sent the console in to get an official repair and it did...