College connecting issues

Discus and support College connecting issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I spoke to someone from Microsoft support who gave me this article: How to Play Xbox Live on a College Campus Network My xbox, at school only, will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FLYERSfan4300, Feb 15, 2014.

1. College connecting issues

I spoke to someone from Microsoft support who gave me this article: How to Play Xbox Live on a College Campus Network

My xbox, at school only, will disconnect randomly. I have a router to bypass the login screen but it still disconnects my xbox randomly while all our laptops/phones connect fine. My Internet provider told me to connect my xbox via a wired connection and
    I registered its MAC address with them; still disconnects randomly. So I tried the article posted above, and I'm just wondering how to set it up so I don't have to repeat the steps on that article every time I want to connect my xbox? Like I said, every other
    device connects to the router except the XBOX now, so it's a pain to have to hook up my laptop with an ethernet, login when I don't have to, and switch the cable over. Would registering the new MAC address I configured the xbox with in the article with my
    ISP solve the issue?

:)

FLYERSfan4300, Feb 15, 2014
  2. Will Xbox One and the new dedicated servers vanquish NAT issues?

With the addition of all the new dedicated servers will there still be issues with people connecting to others because of their NAT status? It is a big issue when you're on a college campus and have no access to the WiFi information.

BigDaddyBrudnak, Feb 15, 2014
  3. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
    GMAN990, Feb 15, 2014
  4. GMAN990 Win User

MTU problem at college

5. GMAN990 Win User

Can't connect to college's WPA2-Enterprise Secured Network

Hi

DNS errors can just be down to ports being blocked, do you have a firewall mac? If not it could just be that the college is blocking the Xbox live traffic (quite likely)

Have you checked with the college IT dept to see what their policy is, do they block those ports, does anyone else use Xbox live at your college, is there any way (as a test) to try a wired connection, that would rule out anything on your mac being the issue,
    if a wired connection fails direct into the college network you know where the issue is then (the college network)
  6. GMAN990 Win User

Cannot connect to Xbox Live, First time. Please Help!!

7. GMAN990 Win User

Can Not Connect- College

8. GMAN990 Win User

Wired Connection Trouble

Thema:

College connecting issues

1. College connecting issues - Similar Threads - College connecting issues

2. Trouble connecting to xbox from laptop on college wifi

in XBoX on Windows
    Trouble connecting to xbox from laptop on college wifi: My college forces me to register our gaming devices. Once we do that, we are able to connect to a wired network (DeviceODU). However, they do not allow laptops to connect to DeviceODU. I was...
  3. Issue connecting Xbox one to Windows 10 app over college apartment internet

in XBoX on Windows
    Issue connecting Xbox one to Windows 10 app over college apartment internet: I recently have been trying to connect my Xbox one to my Windows 10 laptop, as I would like to keep the console in the living area, while also being able to stream it to my laptop for personal...
  4. Mediacom: Can't connect xbox to college campus/// any advice

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Mediacom: Can't connect xbox to college campus/// any advice: Mediacom (ISPs): Can't connect xbox to college campus/// any advice Hello! Most likely they use wireless that connects without a password, but requires that you log into a website on the device...
  5. American Warrior Networks: My xbox just couldn't connect to my college wifi

in XboX Networking Hardware
    American Warrior Networks: My xbox just couldn't connect to my college wifi: American Warrior Networks (ISPs): My xbox just couldn't connect to my college wifi It said that it can only accept wifi like WPA/WPA 2, and WEP. So how can I make my xbox connect to wifi of my...
  6. Teredo Address not Obtained on college dorm network connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Teredo Address not Obtained on college dorm network connection: I cannot play Forza Horizon 3 online at all so this is the major issue and may result in demanding a refund as I cannot access the majority of the game due to a bug. I have tried everything on...
  7. Connecting to XBL on college campus

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting to XBL on college campus: I'm just setting up my xbox one on campus and at first when I powered on I noticed I couldn't connect to XBL, I figured out that I needed to register my MAC address with the school on a webpage...
  8. Connection Problem at College

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection Problem at College: I live at college, about a 50 minute drive from home. I brought my Xbox One up to college, hoping to play with friends. However, my friend and I can rarely even hear each other in party chat. If...
  9. In college dorms attempting to connect with an ethernet cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    In college dorms attempting to connect with an ethernet cord: hello fellow xbox users, i have registered my xbox one on to the network at my university, but i am not able to play multiplayer this way, as the screen says opponent lost everytime i attempt to...
  10. Connecting Xbox One at College

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting Xbox One at College: So I'm at college and I'm trying to connect my Xbox One to the wifi. The wifi requires a username (Our ID) and a password, but when I try to connect to the wifi on xbox one it only asks for a...