Comcast: Bandwidth usage

Discus and support Comcast: Bandwidth usage in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Comcast (ISPs): Bandwidth usage I checked my bandwidth and happened to notice that from 9/1/17 to 10/1/17 I used 59,114.1 TB of it. How is this even... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Graffiti vIII, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Comcast: Bandwidth usage

Comcast (ISPs): Bandwidth usage
    I checked my bandwidth and happened to notice that from 9/1/17 to 10/1/17 I used 59,114.1 TB of it. How is this even possible, like I know its not but how does something like this even come to that. I'm honestly a little worried.

:)

Graffiti vIII, Jan 23, 2018
  2. Tech issues: Xbox One bandwidth usage page showing I've used 1.5 million TB last month...

So the past 3 months I've gone over my 1 TB data allowance with Comcast, and I've been going through all of my devices to figure out why, since historically my monthly usage average was ~600 GB.

Well I went into my Xbox One settings and went to the Bandwidth Usage screen.

For the month of August, it says I used "11,409.15 TB" of bandwidth and then in September it says I used "1,551,860.35 TB" of data. Obviously this is incorrect as that amount of data is ridiculous, but regardless, the spikes
    in my usage history on the Xbox itself coincide with the spikes I'm seeing with Comcast.

My Xbox was averaging around 125 GB per month up until August. Would anyone know why this could be happening or what else I can do to figure out what's going on?

JF CntMltStlBms, Jan 23, 2018
  3. Bandwidth Usage

Hey, guys! Hopefully Malacath has helped you out, DIYoung. If he hasn't, then please feel encouraged to post up a new thread. This one is a bit old, and the original poster has marked it as answered. Detail what you're running into and troubleshooting you've
    completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. Comcast: Bandwidth usage :)

Misses Quinzel, Jan 23, 2018
  4. Misses Quinzel Win User

Bandwidth Usage

Hey, guys! Hopefully Malacath has helped you out, DIYoung. If he hasn't, then please feel encouraged to post up a new thread. This one is a bit old, and the original poster has marked it as answered. Detail what you're running into and troubleshooting you've
    completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)
  5. Malacath Win User

Bandwidth Usage

@DIYoung.

Your console has probably automatically downloaded another update for Master Chief that you didn't know about.

If you have a metered connection I highly recommend you switch the console to energy saving mode.

In energy saving the console takes longer to boot up but it doesn't have automatic updates. This gives you more control in how much bandwidth you are using.
  6. Malacath Win User

Bandwidth Usage

If you are using instant on mode the console could be downloading updates while switched off.

Also I've noticed my console using over 100MB an hour playing destiny. Could Warframe use similar bandwidth?
  7. taidara Win User

Bandwidth Usage

"off" as in 'Energy-saving' power mode, or "off" as in sleep mode ('Instant-on' power mode)?
  8. aRagingCanadian Win User

Bandwidth usage

Nope. On average I use between 4.0 and 8.0GB per day. And that's being on XBOX and two computer online all day. There have been some days where I used 15GB or more and that's only because my Dad is watching Netflix in one room and I am watching Netflix in
    my room.

I don't understand why some people's XBOX's seem to take more bandwidth then others.. you are not the first to ask this question.
Thema:

Comcast: Bandwidth usage

1. Comcast: Bandwidth usage - Similar Threads - Comcast Bandwidth usage

2. Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM: Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM Hi Pochizzled92, Thanks for the update. If you call your ISP they can assist you in port forwarding the router....
  3. Comcast/Xfinity: Xbox One S and Vizio HDTV

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: Xbox One S and Vizio HDTV: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): Xbox One S and Vizio HDTV If you use the HDMI in on the Xbox you will have to turn it on all the time... So basically the Xbox does not act as a "Pass-thru" for...
  4. advice for configuring port triggering on comcast gateway

advice for configuring port triggering on comcast gateway: advice for configuring port triggering on comcast gateway Hello Joe4842! Feel free to contact your Internet Service Provider (Comcast) support or Xbox Customer Support so that they can assist...
  5. Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection

Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection: Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection i've got the same issue, tried everything to solve it. nothing worked out. disconnects meanwhile a game-session.... please let me know if u...
  6. Teredo unavailable on Comcast gateway

in XBoX on Consoles
    Teredo unavailable on Comcast gateway: Hello, i have been trying for the past day and a half to get my teredo connection to work. I have a wired connection and have tried the xboxtroubleshooting measures and nothing seems to work. Is...
  7. 2 XBox Ones on Comcast Wifi and experiencing timeout issues. When both are on there are...

in XBoX Accessibility
    2 XBox Ones on Comcast Wifi and experiencing timeout issues. When both are on there are...: New user of Comcast for our wifi service and my two sons are having timeout issues on their XBox Ones... This occurs if just one is playing online and they have even more "issues" when they try to...
  8. Comcast/Xfinity: Xfinity cable box and Xbox One

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: Xfinity cable box and Xbox One: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): Xfinity cable box and Xbox One I have Xfinity myself, and it took me some effort to get my box (a digital transport adapter) to work, but it does. Is this a...
  9. Comcast: Internet connections

Comcast: Internet connections: Comcast (ISPs): Internet connections Free public wifi service is often spotty especially for use with a high data device lilke the XBOX. I would highly suggest moving to a personal ISP serrive if...
  10. Comcast: Xbox One X disconnects from WiFi all the time

Comcast: Xbox One X disconnects from WiFi all the time: Comcast (ISPs): Xbox One X disconnects from WiFi all the time Hi Vicious Dave, Thanks so much for replying to keep us updated on your issue. Sorry to hear that after some troubleshooting you are...