Comcast: How can I switch from IPv4 to IPv6

Discus and support Comcast: How can I switch from IPv4 to IPv6 in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Comcast (ISPs): How can I switch from IPv4 to IPv6 I need to learn how to turn on the IPv6 or switch my IPv4 to IPv6 f5843b0e-75ce-4dbf-b0fb-4b611c426fd3 Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by YOUNG S1N4TRA, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Comcast: How can I switch from IPv4 to IPv6

Comcast (ISPs): How can I switch from IPv4 to IPv6
    I need to learn how to turn on the IPv6 or switch my IPv4 to IPv6

:)

YOUNG S1N4TRA, Dec 29, 2016
  2. Comcast: How do I get back IPv6 because it was showing it yesterday now it only shows IPv4

Comcast (ISPs): How do I get back IPv6 because it was showing it yesterday now it only shows IPv4
    how can I connect IPv6 again after it was connected yesterday now it only show IPv4

Im a Yamaholic, Dec 29, 2016
  3. Netgear: Ipv4 to ipv6

Netgear (Routers): Ipv4 to ipv6
    I need help learning how to switch my router from ipv4 to Ipv6 the model number is 7550

Kryptonian2814, Dec 29, 2016
  4. o0MattE0o Win User

VirginMedia: how do i switch from ipv4 to ipv6?

VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways): how do i switch from ipv4 to ipv6?
    IPv6 support was removed as part of the “upgrade” 🙁
  5. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

How to switch from IPv4 to IPv6?

IPV6 has to be supported by your router and your ISP. IPV6 is already built into Xbox and when it detects it you're set.

Comcast is my ISP and their network supports IPV6.

I have a netgear router that supports IPV6 and it's just a matter of logging in to the router and enabling the IPV6 feature.
  6. Zero Divided Win User

xbox one networking help please.

the main point of IPv6 is that every device connecting to a network will have a publicly visible IP address, the problem with IPv4 is that there are not enough public addresses, so in most cases a public IPv4 is assigned to your router from your ISP, then
    the router creates its own network of IPv4 addresses and assigns them to your devices, like the X1, computers, tablets and so on.

so in order for all of your devices to pull a IPv6 addresses, your router has to be set to bridge to allow your devices to go to Comcast and request a IPv6 address, otherwise your devices are just going as far as your router for an IP, which by default,
    most routers will assign a IPv4.

if you have a Comcast modem/router combo, then you'd want to check with Comcast.
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

Switching to ipv6 from ipv4

Only your internet provider can give you ipv6 if they support it. If they do, then they can help switch it on for you. If you are successful, then your Xbox One should detect it, and automatically use it.
  8. XBF Ruben D Win User

: Switching to ipv6 from ipv4

Hello Fallen Hexic!

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums! I will be happy to assist you today with the issue. As some of our Ambassador's mentioned before, the only way you can check to see if you can go from IPv4 to IPv6 is if you check with your ISP, or Internet
    Service Provider. We do have some information about
    IPv4 and IPv6
    on the Xbox website, which, I would recommend checking out for further assistance. However, I would strongly suggest asking your ISP for more info on your local network and router to see if they support IPv6 and how you can get it.

If you have any further questions feel free to reply back letting us know. Again, thank you for posting on Xbox Forums!
Thema:

Comcast: How can I switch from IPv4 to IPv6

1. Comcast: How can I switch from IPv4 to IPv6 - Similar Threads - Comcast switch IPv4

2. Comcast/Xfinity: cant toggle out of live tv

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: cant toggle out of live tv: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): cant toggle out of live tv Hey there KarmicNickle150, Sorry to hear you are running into this problem, have you tried using the controller with the USB cable to...
  3. Comcast/Xfinity: Turn off xbox watch tv- how hard can this be!

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: Turn off xbox watch tv- how hard can this be!: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): Turn off xbox watch tv- how hard can this be! Hey UtileApollo2175, did you manage to sort this issue ? Thank you for reaching out...
  4. Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM: Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM Hi Pochizzled92, Thanks for the update. If you call your ISP they can assist you in port forwarding the router....
  5. Comcast/Xfinity: Xbox One S and Vizio HDTV

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: Xbox One S and Vizio HDTV: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): Xbox One S and Vizio HDTV If you use the HDMI in on the Xbox you will have to turn it on all the time... So basically the Xbox does not act as a "Pass-thru" for...
  6. advice for configuring port triggering on comcast gateway

advice for configuring port triggering on comcast gateway: advice for configuring port triggering on comcast gateway Hello Joe4842! Feel free to contact your Internet Service Provider (Comcast) support or Xbox Customer Support so that they can assist...
  7. Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection

Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection: Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection i've got the same issue, tried everything to solve it. nothing worked out. disconnects meanwhile a game-session.... please let me know if u...
  8. Teredo unavailable on Comcast gateway

in XBoX on Consoles
    Teredo unavailable on Comcast gateway: Hello, i have been trying for the past day and a half to get my teredo connection to work. I have a wired connection and have tried the xboxtroubleshooting measures and nothing seems to work. Is...
  9. 2 XBox Ones on Comcast Wifi and experiencing timeout issues. When both are on there are...

in XBoX Accessibility
    2 XBox Ones on Comcast Wifi and experiencing timeout issues. When both are on there are...: New user of Comcast for our wifi service and my two sons are having timeout issues on their XBox Ones... This occurs if just one is playing online and they have even more "issues" when they try to...
  10. Comcast/Xfinity X1: Switch between wired and wireless

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity X1: Switch between wired and wireless: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: Switch between wired and wireless can I switch between wireLEss and wired(Ethernet) connection? What I was think i use wireless 99% of the time and use...