Comcast: How do I get back IPv6 because it was showing it yesterday now it only shows IPv4

Discus and support Comcast: How do I get back IPv6 because it was showing it yesterday now it only shows IPv4 in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Comcast (ISPs): How do I get back IPv6 because it was showing it yesterday now it only shows IPv4 how can I connect IPv6 again after it was connected... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Im a Yamaholic, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Comcast: How do I get back IPv6 because it was showing it yesterday now it only shows IPv4

Comcast (ISPs): How do I get back IPv6 because it was showing it yesterday now it only shows IPv4
    how can I connect IPv6 again after it was connected yesterday now it only show IPv4

:)

Im a Yamaholic, Dec 31, 2016
  2. Tensei Eye
    Tensei Eye Guest
    IPv6

how do i enable ipv6 on my xbox? it only shows ipv4 but this morning i had ipv6?

Tensei Eye, Dec 31, 2016
  3. TheAndynater
    TheAndynater Guest
    how do u change to ipv6

how do u change to ipv6
    It does it automatically if your service provider supports IPV6. It will show as IPV4 & IPV6 under network status.

If it's only showing IPV4 then your provider does not support IPV6 and/or there is a communication problem between your router/modem and your Xbox.

TheAndynater, Dec 31, 2016
  4. ChristopheDeppe Win User

Xbox one and ipv6 please help me.. Newb

I'm also using Comcast with native ipv6 and I didn't change anything with the xbox. When I check my router, I can definitely see that it's grabbing an ipv6 address as well as an ipv4, so I know it's working. However the settings on the xbox are pretty weak
    at this point, and it only shows the ipv4, so at this point I don't think there is a way to run it only on ipv6.... It's going to use both no matter what you do until Microsoft updates the menu....
  5. Elder Bork Win User

Manually Type in IPv6 or revert to IPv4

Wish they let you edit the post...

This work also... sometimes.

If the network setting are showing IPv6 DNS and IPv4 IP address, it sort prevents you from changing them around. I figured out putting the Xbox offline you can now enter a manual IPv4 DNS settings, then go back online. The DNS might come back showing the
    IPv6 stuff on the display but the Xbox will now have the IPv4 DNS also, just does show on the screen.
  6. Retropyro Win User

how do u change to ipv6

It does it automatically if your service provider supports IPV6. It will show as IPV4 & IPV6 under network status.

If it's only showing IPV4 then your provider does not support IPV6 and/or there is a communication problem between your router/modem and your Xbox.
  7. ravenliesoftly Win User

Switched to Comcast **** all in one router, spotty connections

Think I may have figured it out. The Comcast/Xfinity Arris tg862 modem Primarily uses IPv6. The Xbox always shows as IPv4. If its not broadcasting IPv4 then the xbox cannot connect, like mine isn't. Its to the point where it barely registers there is a signal
    to the router
  8. xx iFoggz xx Win User

IPv6

I have issues with IPv6 myself. My ISP has had it for years now and all my devices in my house have a ipv6 and ipv4. all my devices on my network have the ipv6 local link as well as ipv6 address. Whats messed up is my xbox wont use a IPv6 at all yet my ISP
    fully supports it and I can even ping or tracert (trace route) to like google.ca and my network uses IPv6 for that.

Where I run into a problem is with my xbox one only. I ping XboxOne on my local network and it pings the IPv6 local-link address without a problem. sometimes IPv6 just randomly shows up in the network settings on xbox after a few minutes and can stay that
    way for awhile or sometimes it'll revert back to IPv4. Sometimes when Say a storm knocks out our local internet and I get disconnected from xbox it'll all of a sudden show a IPv6 address remote and local in the network settings. kinda strange. so far xbox
    one is the only one that is giving me IPv6 problems
Thema:

Comcast: How do I get back IPv6 because it was showing it yesterday now it only shows IPv4

1. Comcast: How do I get back IPv6 because it was showing it yesterday now it only shows IPv4 - Similar Threads - Comcast IPv6 was

2. Comcast/Xfinity: cant toggle out of live tv

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: cant toggle out of live tv: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): cant toggle out of live tv Hey there KarmicNickle150, Sorry to hear you are running into this problem, have you tried using the controller with the USB cable to...
  3. Comcast/Xfinity: Turn off xbox watch tv- how hard can this be!

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: Turn off xbox watch tv- how hard can this be!: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): Turn off xbox watch tv- how hard can this be! Hey UtileApollo2175, did you manage to sort this issue ? Thank you for reaching out...
  4. Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM: Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM Hi Pochizzled92, Thanks for the update. If you call your ISP they can assist you in port forwarding the router....
  5. Comcast/Xfinity: Xbox One S and Vizio HDTV

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: Xbox One S and Vizio HDTV: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): Xbox One S and Vizio HDTV If you use the HDMI in on the Xbox you will have to turn it on all the time... So basically the Xbox does not act as a "Pass-thru" for...
  6. advice for configuring port triggering on comcast gateway

advice for configuring port triggering on comcast gateway: advice for configuring port triggering on comcast gateway Hello Joe4842! Feel free to contact your Internet Service Provider (Comcast) support or Xbox Customer Support so that they can assist...
  7. Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection

Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection: Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection i've got the same issue, tried everything to solve it. nothing worked out. disconnects meanwhile a game-session.... please let me know if u...
  8. Comcast: how to turn comcast thing to IPv6?

Comcast: how to turn comcast thing to IPv6?: Comcast (ISPs): how to turn comcast thing to IPv6? You have to access your Router settings. b7255f2f-8b31-4004-9ccf-89e7b07f693b
  9. Comcast: IPv6 only?

Comcast: IPv6 only?: Comcast (ISPs): IPv6 only? Could you be more precise, of what it is that state you have both IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity. Is it your console? 161882fe-d073-4105-98fb-8432b34add58
  10. Comcast: How can I switch from IPv4 to IPv6

Comcast: How can I switch from IPv4 to IPv6: Comcast (ISPs): How can I switch from IPv4 to IPv6 I need to learn how to turn on the IPv6 or switch my IPv4 to IPv6 f5843b0e-75ce-4dbf-b0fb-4b611c426fd3