Comcast Xfinity internet nat issue with xbox one

Discus and support Comcast Xfinity internet nat issue with xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Comcast does not support the xbox one ports i called them they connected to my pc witch was not necessary they charged me $150 for them opining the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Evo Fire, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Evo Fire
    Evo Fire Guest

Comcast does not support the xbox one ports i called them they connected to my pc witch was not necessary they charged me $150 for them opining the ports on the modem that is not accessible by anyone but Comcast support ... the nat was open for a short period
    of time until the modem reset from a power outage... is there any way to avoid paying another $150 ? i don't know but the only thing i can think of is Xbox/Microsoft gets in contact with comcast so they can have them open the oprts for the xbox one... the
    xbox one nat check tells me : " your network is behind a port preserving port symmetric nat " when its the only thing hooked up to the modem and like i said i can not access the modem to change the port settings only a Comcast support person can...

:)

Evo Fire, Feb 14, 2014
  2. Evo Fire
    Evo Fire Guest
    Comcast Xfinity internet nat issue xbox one ports

it was both the gateway and modem i fixed this issue with complaining and getting a new free modem and ended up with 2 new modems

Evo Fire, Feb 14, 2014
  3. Evo Fire
    Evo Fire Guest

lol it dont matter what the model of the modem is i cant change anything on it its restricted access so it really dont matter the modem is LOCKED the only thing i can do is plug it in and hope it connects to the internet when i unplug it.... i can not change
    anything on it it is restricted the modem has only one thing when you connect to it and it tells you that you can not access the modem you do not have permissions to access this device

Evo Fire, Feb 14, 2014
  4. Evo Fire
    Evo Fire Guest

According to Comcast the modem is too old for them to access as of today's contact with them and are trying to tell me that the router is the issue i just got a $300 router when i got my xbox one and everything else like the xbox 360 PS3 Wii my pc's and
    laptop are all on open nat but the xbox one

Evo Fire, Feb 15, 2014
  5. Evo Fire Win User

According to Comcast the modem is too old for them to access as of today's contact with them and are trying to tell me that the router is the issue i just got a $300 router when i got my xbox one and everything else like the xbox 360 PS3 Wii my pc's and
    laptop are all on open nat but the xbox one
  6. ProphaSEA Win User

Wifi Connection on Xbox One is unpredictable!!!!! Please Help!!

United States / Washington State

Arris TG862G

Just one Xbox One is connected to internet. The xbox 360 is downstairs but I DONT USE it anymore so its turned completely off.

Wireless

UPNP is Enabled / On.

No i don't have a NAT Error and my NAT goes from Moderate to Open and to sometimes strict.

Xfinity/ Comcast.

7. SmokeAbDrnkBeer Win User

Xbox Live Error Code 8015-190E

Its looking like its a xfinity/comcast thing. same exact issue as you soul hero and i have xfinity. Also when testing connection my xbox connects to network but not internet.
  8. Evo Fire Win User

lol it dont matter what the model of the modem is i cant change anything on it its restricted access so it really dont matter the modem is LOCKED the only thing i can do is plug it in and hope it connects to the internet when i unplug it.... i can not change
    anything on it it is restricted the modem has only one thing when you connect to it and it tells you that you can not access the modem you do not have permissions to access this device
  9. jmcode Win User

It does matter. If it is just a modem (not a gateway), then it is not doing NAT at all, and your problem lies elsewhere. If it is a gateway, which seems likely, and if there is no way for the user to access its port forwarding settings (again, need model
    to verify), then my suggestion is to buy your own modem-only device (such as the Motorola 6141) and your own router. Both can be had for less than $150 you already paid Comcast and are better and in the long run cheaper than renting the gateway from Comcast.
Thema:

1. Comcast Xfinity internet nat issue with xbox one - Similar Threads - Comcast Xfinity internet

2. Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection: Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection i've got the same issue, tried everything to solve it. nothing worked out. disconnects meanwhile a game-session.... please let me know if u...
  3. Comcast/Xfinity: Xfinity cable box and Xbox One

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: Xfinity cable box and Xbox One: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): Xfinity cable box and Xbox One I have Xfinity myself, and it took me some effort to get my box (a digital transport adapter) to work, but it does. Is this a...
  4. Comcast/Xfinity: Does Xbox one X really process and upscale regular xfinity tv?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: Does Xbox one X really process and upscale regular xfinity tv?: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): Does Xbox one X really process and upscale regular xfinity tv? When you set your output to 4K, everything on the console is output at 4K. See info here for a more...
  5. Comcast/Xfinity X1: TV Remote through Xbox

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity X1: TV Remote through Xbox: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: TV Remote through Xbox With the IR-Blasting feature from the Xbox One, you can only send "simple" remote control signals like channel numbers to switch to a...
  6. Comcast/Xfinity X1: MAC address

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity X1: MAC address: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: MAC address My xbox one wifi password is not working and i can’t creat a new gamertag can you help me Please go ahead and start a new thread, detaling out any...
  7. Comcast/Xfinity X1: Xbox one and tv

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity X1: Xbox one and tv: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: Xbox one and tv If you are looking for the HDMI input from the Xbox it is now called One Guide and the icon has 3 broken horizontal lines....
  8. Comcast: Can’t connect to xfinity wifi

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Comcast: Can’t connect to xfinity wifi: Comcast (ISPs): Can’t connect to xfinity wifi Yeah on your xfinity account on devices you might have the xbox on pause like i did or check using the app/website of xfinity account...
  9. Can connect to internet, but not XBOX Live, using wireless or wired. Comcast Xfinity service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can connect to internet, but not XBOX Live, using wireless or wired. Comcast Xfinity service: I am so beyond frustrated and could really, really use some help. Hopefully, someone will be able to get this problem corrected before we decided to scrap this whole system and go with another...
  10. Comcast Xfinity internet nat issue xbox one ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    Comcast Xfinity internet nat issue xbox one ports: Comcast does not support the xbox one ports i called them they connected to my pc witch was not necessary they charged me $150 for them opining the ports on the modem that is not accessible by...