Comcast/Xfinity X1: HELP! Gamer vs. Hotspot problem

Discus and support Comcast/Xfinity X1: HELP! Gamer vs. Hotspot problem in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: HELP! Gamer vs. Hotspot problem I've been using my AT&T phones hotspot to play Ark survival for about 3 weeks now... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by saddlefiend, Oct 8, 2017.

1. saddlefiend
    saddlefiend Guest

Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: HELP! Gamer vs. Hotspot problem
    I've been using my AT&T phones hotspot to play Ark survival for about 3 weeks now and it's been running fine. I have the unlimited Plus data plan and I'm nowhere near running out of data, but as of Friday, my Ark survival will not connect. All I get is "join
    failed" or "could not find server". What can I do? Please help!!!

:)

saddlefiend, Oct 8, 2017
  2. X1 Platform/Xbox One Set Up

For some reason the xbox one won't recognize my Xfinity X1 Platform box to switch channels on my cable box. Anybody else having this problem with the smaller buddy boxes as Comcast call them? I've tried entering Xfinity & Comcast and still nothing.

MaximumExtreme, Oct 8, 2017
  3. fantavet
    fantavet Guest
    Trouble with Xbox One Guide

Set up Comcast box manually. Type in Xfinity instead and see that gives you more choices. I have a x1 box from Comcast, could not find it until I typed Xfinity.

fantavet, Oct 8, 2017
  4. fantavet Win User

Trouble with Xbox One Guide

Set up Comcast box manually. Type in Xfinity instead and see that gives you more choices. I have a x1 box from Comcast, could not find it until I typed Xfinity.
  5. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

X1 Xfinity cable box not able to change channels

Hi Swanlee,

Try setting make=Comcast (or xfinity), model=X1. That should work.
  6. NiteRider 006 Win User

Question for those who watch TV mostly through DVR (previously recorded)

Would the same apply if I were to switch out my TiVo with a Comcast xfinity X1 box? I had heard that they would be some integration with the major networks like comcast.
  7. MaximumExtreme Win User

X1 Platform/Xbox One Set Up

I tried Xfiniti and Comcast as well as automatic and it doesn't receive the command. I guess it doesn't work with the smaller X1 boxes. Just the main X1 box. Oh well! it's ok. I can't swith to the main box because my wife watches tv with that one a lot and
    she's not a big gamer like I am.
  8. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Can't change channel

Hey Rui,

For the Comcast X1, how did you set it up? Did you go through device detection? It should say you have a Comcast (or Xfinity) box and you're using C1982 as the IR codeset.

If detection doesn't seem to be working, you can manually enter the model number as Comcast X1.
Thema:

1. Comcast/Xfinity X1: HELP! Gamer vs. Hotspot problem - Similar Threads - Comcast Xfinity HELP

2. Comcast/Xfinity: Xbox One S and Vizio HDTV

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: Xbox One S and Vizio HDTV: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): Xbox One S and Vizio HDTV If you use the HDMI in on the Xbox you will have to turn it on all the time... So basically the Xbox does not act as a "Pass-thru" for...
  3. Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection: Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection i've got the same issue, tried everything to solve it. nothing worked out. disconnects meanwhile a game-session.... please let me know if u...
  4. Comcast/Xfinity: Xfinity cable box and Xbox One

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: Xfinity cable box and Xbox One: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): Xfinity cable box and Xbox One I have Xfinity myself, and it took me some effort to get my box (a digital transport adapter) to work, but it does. Is this a...
  5. Comcast/Xfinity: Does Xbox one X really process and upscale regular xfinity tv?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: Does Xbox one X really process and upscale regular xfinity tv?: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): Does Xbox one X really process and upscale regular xfinity tv? When you set your output to 4K, everything on the console is output at 4K. See info here for a more...
  6. Comcast/Xfinity X1: TV Remote through Xbox

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity X1: TV Remote through Xbox: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: TV Remote through Xbox With the IR-Blasting feature from the Xbox One, you can only send "simple" remote control signals like channel numbers to switch to a...
  7. Comcast/Xfinity X1: POWER SUPPLY PLEASE HELP!!!!!

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity X1: POWER SUPPLY PLEASE HELP!!!!!: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: POWER SUPPLY PLEASE HELP!!!!! Ive done all the tricks and tips to try and get the xbox to start, from resetting to power draining etc. I have a problem that i...
  8. Comcast/Xfinity X1: Help me please

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity X1: Help me please: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: Help me please Hello, friends. I met a problem when buying games. When you pay, an error occurs and asks you to try again, and then asks for technical support....
  9. Comcast: Can’t connect to xfinity wifi

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Comcast: Can’t connect to xfinity wifi: Comcast (ISPs): Can’t connect to xfinity wifi Yeah on your xfinity account on devices you might have the xbox on pause like i did or check using the app/website of xfinity account...
  10. Comcast/Xfinity RNG200N Help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Comcast/Xfinity RNG200N Help: I have a Comcast/Xfinity RNG200N cable box it's got a little Motorola logo in the front corner. I'm trying to give as much description as possible, here. I just got my Xbox One (Titanfall edition)...