Comcast/Xfinity X1: TV Remote through Xbox

Discus and support Comcast/Xfinity X1: TV Remote through Xbox in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: TV Remote through Xbox With the IR-Blasting feature from the Xbox One, you can only send "simple" remote control... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by xboxuser77, Oct 7, 2018.

1. xboxuser77
    xboxuser77 Guest

Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: TV Remote through Xbox
    With the IR-Blasting feature from the Xbox One, you can only send "simple" remote control signals like channel numbers to switch to a specific TV channel (if OneGuide supports your cable operator), channel up/down, volume up/down and power on/off.

Special commands like controlling on-demand portals and stuff like that are not supported through the Xbox.

You might want to check if for example a Logitech Harmony universal remote is compatible with Xfinity and the on-demand service, and use that to control your home-theater with one remote control.

:)

xboxuser77, Oct 7, 2018
  2. VaporKnight
    VaporKnight Guest
    Xbox One losing TV signal - Comcast Xfinity X1

I have an Xfinity X1 and TV works great most of the time. I have been losing my TV signal once or twice a week from my Xfinity X1 though. Power cycling the Xbox (pulling cord) always fixes it. But it is a bit annoying!

I assume it has something to do with Comcast rebooting the X1 remotely... which seems to happen quite frequently, but not certain. Hopefully MS can fix this soon... my TV never had that issue when cabled directly... although I suppose my TV wasn't
    in a low power state like the Xbox when off.

VaporKnight, Oct 7, 2018
  3. UAMTR54
    UAMTR54 Guest
    Xbox One TV and Xfinity X1

I have successfully set up my Xbox to watch TV through Comcast Xfinity X1. However, when I turn on my Xbox, I also have to restart (power down and on the front power button on the Xfinity box) in order to get a TV signal. I have to do this everytime in order
    to get a TV signal. Anyone else have this problem or a remedy?

UAMTR54, Oct 7, 2018
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

I don't think that functionality is available with the xbox one. You can contact support directly to find out if they have any solutions. Contact Us | Xbox Support

{Parity}, Oct 7, 2018
  5. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    With the IR-Blasting feature from the Xbox One, you can only send "simple" remote control signals like channel numbers to switch to a specific TV channel (if OneGuide supports your cable operator), channel up/down, volume up/down and power on/off.

Special commands like controlling on-demand portals and stuff like that are not supported through the Xbox.

You might want to check if for example a Logitech Harmony universal remote is compatible with Xfinity and the on-demand service, and use that to control your home-theater with one remote control.

Arminator, Nov 5, 2018
  6. Arminator Win User

7. VaporKnight Win User

Xbox One losing TV signal - Comcast Xfinity X1

I have an Xfinity X1 and TV works great most of the time. I have been losing my TV signal once or twice a week from my Xfinity X1 though. Power cycling the Xbox (pulling cord) always fixes it. But it is a bit annoying!

I assume it has something to do with Comcast rebooting the X1 remotely... which seems to happen quite frequently, but not certain. Hopefully MS can fix this soon... my TV never had that issue when cabled directly... although I suppose my TV wasn't
    in a low power state like the Xbox when off.
  8. Darth Ominous Win User

X1 Platform/Xbox One Set Up

Old thread, but I just went through this pain today, after moving states. Directv box had no issues, but the Xfinity X1 box, oh boy!!

1) Reset your TV settings through the TV/One guide in the settings.

2) Go through the setup again.

3) Choose Comcast as the provider.

4) Xfinity as the cable box brand.

5) The command will fail at least 4 times for power.

6) Select skip, then use the manual setup and type "X1".

This should work from this point forward.
  9. KrissrocK Win User

Comcast

I can get to the setup/wizard just fine, but it doesn't work with my Comcast Xfinity X1 box...TV commands work great, but nothing for the cable box
  10. VaporKnight Win User

Xbox One can not turn off Xfinity X1 DVR

This isn't an Xbox One issue. My X1 remote doesn't even turn off the X1... only the TV. This started happening around July or so I think in a firmware update from Comcast.
Thema:

1. Comcast/Xfinity X1: TV Remote through Xbox - Similar Threads - Comcast Xfinity Remote

2. Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection: Xfinity/Comcast WiFi losing Live/Network connection i've got the same issue, tried everything to solve it. nothing worked out. disconnects meanwhile a game-session.... please let me know if u...
  3. Comcast/Xfinity: Xfinity cable box and Xbox One

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: Xfinity cable box and Xbox One: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): Xfinity cable box and Xbox One I have Xfinity myself, and it took me some effort to get my box (a digital transport adapter) to work, but it does. Is this a...
  4. Comcast/Xfinity: Does Xbox one X really process and upscale regular xfinity tv?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: Does Xbox one X really process and upscale regular xfinity tv?: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): Does Xbox one X really process and upscale regular xfinity tv? When you set your output to 4K, everything on the console is output at 4K. See info here for a more...
  5. Comcast/Xfinity X1: MAC address

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity X1: MAC address: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: MAC address My xbox one wifi password is not working and i can’t creat a new gamertag can you help me Please go ahead and start a new thread, detaling out any...
  6. Comcast/Xfinity X1: Xbox one and tv

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity X1: Xbox one and tv: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: Xbox one and tv If you are looking for the HDMI input from the Xbox it is now called One Guide and the icon has 3 broken horizontal lines....
  7. Comcast/Xfinity X1: My Xbox One keeps signing me out whenever I play a game

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity X1: My Xbox One keeps signing me out whenever I play a game: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: My Xbox One keeps signing me out whenever I play a game This has been happening to me a lot recently. When I get on to play on my Xbox One, I am able to play...
  8. Comcast/Xfinity X1: Signing out issues

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity X1: Signing out issues: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: Signing out issues I have been having problems with my Xbox one signing me out right when I am in the middle of any game and it is very frustrating because I...
  9. Comcast/Xfinity X1: Fall update 2017

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity X1: Fall update 2017: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: Fall update 2017 I don't completely understand how it's considered "faster". They added new pages to get through to get to where you want to go. I have to tab...
  10. Comcast: Can’t connect to xfinity wifi

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Comcast: Can’t connect to xfinity wifi: Comcast (ISPs): Can’t connect to xfinity wifi Yeah on your xfinity account on devices you might have the xbox on pause like i did or check using the app/website of xfinity account...