Comm ban for use of an a acronym

Discus and support Comm ban for use of an a acronym in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I played a guy online the other day and he very obviously had high latency and packet loss due to a connection issue. I asked the guy what was up , he... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PaddyDaddy1982, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Comm ban for use of an a acronym

I played a guy online the other day and he very obviously had high latency and packet loss due to a connection issue. I asked the guy what was up , he answered with a smart remark, then I replied with
    [Mod removed] cheater", after which he immediately threatened to report me for using bad words. Literally about 20 seconds later I received a 14 day comm suspension. I filed an appeal and the response I got was a little alarming. First,
    my suspension is supposed to be 7 days according to this guy, but it shows 14. Secondly, how can enforcement use such language and not be face consequences like I have had to. If I use an acronym I can get banned but they are allowed to use the word to
    tell me why I got banned? I don't care If they used the word for explanation, if I did the same thing I'd face consequences no matter what context I was using it in. This perplexes me, here is a copied/pasted excerpt from my appeal response from a member
    of enforcement.i had no idea that enforcement had the authority to dictate what acronyms mean. Even if the word gets edited out by a mod., know that enforcement used the actual f word in their response to me.

This account has been issued a 7-day communications suspension for directed profanity towards other users, specifically for
    [Mod removed]cheater”.
    [Mod removed]
    is a widely-used acronym for “shut the
    [Mod removed]up.” Profanity like this is unacceptable on our service and is in strict violation of the Code of Conduct (https://enforcement.xbox.com/Home/CodeOfConduct) and is never permitted

:)

PaddyDaddy1982, Feb 14, 2019
  2. RandyAU93 Win User

They can say it via e-mail for informational purposes. The XBLPET agent that sent this was explaining the reason for the suspension and why it was upheld, nothing more. And yes, clearly implied profanity counts ... they knew what you meant, and you know
    what you meant.
  3. H3PA80R Win User

The best respond to a toxic player is to block him and file a complain. You should never use bad words or try to educate them. In that way the Enforcement Team could review the toxic gamer and you wont get any problems.
  4. PaddyDaddy1982 Win User

Nobody knows what I meant besides me. Don't be presumptuous.
  5. denis97g Win User

words like that can be offensive for someone and can be considered profanity. you have to keep in mind that xbox live is for everyone children and adults, so next time you should behave and use an appropriate language that doesn't violate the rules.
  6. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey there bud,

We are sorry to hear about any issues you may be having due to an enforcement action.
    I do understand the frustration this might cause.. Unfortunately as this is forum support, you will not be able to reach the enforcement team here, and
    we wouldn't be able to assist further.

Also we would recommend to take a look at
    Microsoft’s Code of Conduct Explained for Xbox Live Customers.

Please visit our Code of Conduct on the enforcement site to find out how
    to stay safe.

We'll be locking the thread as this has no further resolution and in an effort to prevent repetitive answers.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
Thema:

1. Comm ban for use of an a acronym - Similar Threads - Comm ban acronym

2. Message profanity lightning fast comm bans

in XBoX on Consoles
    Message profanity lightning fast comm bans: I have been with Xbox since the release of the Xbox 360 meeting new friendly and toxic people on this journey. With the new addition to this profanity ban or possibly due to the ambassador role,...
  3. Comm ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Comm ban: So, if I get reported by somebody that consistently sends harassing messages and I send one swear word I'm the one that gets a ban? I get that blocking and reporting is a thing, but what is the...
  4. Comms ban

in XBoX Accessibility
    Comms ban: Just got my first comms ban after 12 years or so on xbox live. It starts with a person sending me some rude comments. Nothing i’m not used too and nothing too bad. I fall into the trap and reply...
  5. Comm banned compassion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Comm banned compassion: So this guy i was playing with on rainbow six seige kept killing me and shooting me instead of him doing anything he got me comms banned anfet i called him one word and i think thats unfair...
  6. Comms ban

in XBoX Accessibility
    Comms ban: I got a 28 hour Comms ban because a guy who started an argument got mad at me for playing bad, but I just want to Microsoft to fix the AI that determines whether i get banned or not, because i was...
  7. Comm ban

in XBoX Accessibility
    Comm ban: Hi there, i just finished a 1day communications ban for language in a messege. Woke up the next day and there was a ban in effect AGAIN and i did not break code of consuduct or anything??? Why did...
  8. Xbl comms ban from ark

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbl comms ban from ark: Good evening. I was wondering if anyone could help. I have already had a comms ban for 24hrs with out knowing what I have supposed of done. Which ruined my unblemished record with xbl. I got a...
  9. Was Comms-banned for making trading posts on LFG multiple times... Why? [RocketLeague]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Was Comms-banned for making trading posts on LFG multiple times... Why? [RocketLeague]: Ugh. I've been muted once again for posting "H tw oct W 135k". I read through the Microsoft rules and they said trading through unofficial means is bannable, but trading in RL is very official and...
  10. Randomly comm banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Randomly comm banned: Hello, 2 accounts of mine have Been randomly banned in the space of 2-4 hours... 0cf13fff-61af-4613-96f6-fa7ed02dbe99