commercial use

Discus and support commercial use in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hi, I have tried to search on the Internet terms and conditions about the usage of in a public location but could not find much. Can anyone help? I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kinect sports, Mar 14, 2019.

1. commercial use

hi, I have tried to search on the Internet terms and conditions about the usage of in a public location but could not find much. Can anyone help? I would like to know basically if I can run the games in an arcade or any other public location.
    Any commercial license that can be purchased? Thanks in advance for your guidance.

:)

Kinect sports, Mar 14, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

commercial use

Hi there,

I found the most relevant support article in regards to your question although this encompasses "Game Content" and how you decide to use the content you create using games owned by Microsoft:

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/developers/rules

Essentially you can use your Xbox however you want, but you can't use it to do anything illegal or against the Terms of Service of course, and there are some rules when it comes to digital licenses for games. These rules pertain to the content you
    create using these games but using the games themselves in a similar fashion may also apply to these game content usage rules.

Commercial use of content you create using these games is definitely not allowed. Here is from a bullet point in the rules: "Except as described here, you can't sell or otherwise earn any compensation from your Item, including through advertisements in the
    Item. This means you can't charge money in exchange for your Item, post it on a site that requires subscription or other fees to view the Item, or post it on a page you use to sell other items or services(even if they have nothing to do with Game Content
    or Microsoft). You also can't use Game Content in an app that you sell in an app store."

Since you technically are not creating anything out of these games to then sell & distribute, and you state you are not going to charge to use the Xbox, I don't see anything wrong with setting up an Xbox to use for your arcade.
  3. choppyseize Win User

commercial use

You may have to contact Microsoft head office about this. I know they discontinued the Kinect so a lot of the games and features don't work as well now. If you're running the Kinect and charging a fee that's definitely something you would want to get some
    clarity on.
  4. JoelHansen Win User

commercial use

Hello,

I have not yet been able to find a good answer for you.

Maybe you could find some information here : https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/software-license-terms

Or try to Contact MSFT dircetly.
  5. Gamingboy177 (Sam) Win User

commercial use

Hey there, as others have said it's quite a grey area, your best bet is to try to contact Microsoft about this.
  6. Kinect sports Win User

commercial use

Hi, we have a wall in an arcade that we would like to display games on. We are not planning to charge for this but still, can it be used?
Thema:

commercial use

1. commercial use - Similar Threads - commercial

2. Geste commercial [Edit-Translate] Commercial gesture

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Geste commercial [Edit-Translate] Commercial gesture: Fidel utilisateur de produits Microsoft, j'ai achete 2 consoles Xbox 360, un Lumia 800, Un Lumia 920, 2 Lumia 640. Une tablette Windows RT, 1 Xbox one Day One , 1 Xbox one Elite, 1 Xbox one X et...
  3. commercial license

in XBoX Accessibility
    commercial license: Hello, I'm creating a games room, and I would like to use the Xbox One inside, User will buy a play time to play on Xbox One and Xbox Live, To be Legal with you, I would like to know if you...
  4. Hi, can I get a commercial license to charge people to play Xbox?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Hi, can I get a commercial license to charge people to play Xbox?: I'm preparing a pc cafe that includes some VR rooms and Xbox consoles. Are there any legal ways to set up the Xbox consoles in my PC cafe? 61d82bcd-4b28-4e6a-8c9c-b9a021d4ed50
  5. Loreal everpure commercial keeps freezing up and locking Microsoft solitaire

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Loreal everpure commercial keeps freezing up and locking Microsoft solitaire: Loreal commercial keeps locking up in Microsoft solitaire 925a30fc-e3cc-47a4-8886-e981e3fde756
  6. Commercials on paid games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Commercials on paid games: I've paid for Sudoku but still get commercials for other games -- sometimes even games I already have. I had the same problem with Magic Jigsaw but I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and haven't...
  7. SW Airline commercial crashes Solitaire

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SW Airline commercial crashes Solitaire: When the SW Airlines commercial presents, immediately after commercial end, game crashes. So far … my record for crashes is at 5. However I am stubborn, and attempt to break my record of 5....
  8. Bad commercial

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bad commercial: There is a commercial for a bad back product during Solitaire World Tour. Every time it comes on it stutters then to Facebook with a buy me offer. This is screwing up my game sometimes I can't get...
  9. spam commercial - I do mean ham in a can

in XBoX Games and Apps
    spam commercial - I do mean ham in a can: when the spam commercial finishes it throws me out of the Microsoft solitaire games 1468db4d-9dcd-4919-a9a3-391682bc6d2b
  10. game continually crashes after commercials. really frusterating. although timers keep adding ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game continually crashes after commercials. really frusterating. although timers keep adding ...: game continually crashes after commercials. really frusterating. although timers keep adding minutes 071df0c9-eb83-43dc-9c9a-b49fa67be587