Companion App and Party Chat Audio - Mixer/Streamlabs OBS

Discus and support Companion App and Party Chat Audio - Mixer/Streamlabs OBS in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question regarding the companion app. My setup: - I have my Xbox one X connected to a monitor | My headset is connected to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TUFKobac, Feb 21, 2020.

1. TUFKobac
    TUFKobac Guest

Hello,

I have a question regarding the companion app. My setup:

- I have my Xbox one X connected to a monitor | My headset is connected to the controller hence the game audio and party audio are through Xbox

- I use the companion app in my PC in one monitor, connect through wifi and stream

- In the other monitor I have Streamlabs obs where I stream what I have in screen 1 (game streaming from companion app)

In Streamlabs obs it does detect the game audio streaming from the Xbox through wifi, but it does not detect my chat (yes I have unmuted chat in the app).

Sometimes it will open the party chat in my pc, but I will not hear them through my controller.

Is there a way where I can hear the party chat in my headset connected to the controller and have the chat audio play on the app simultaneously to stream and I can continue chatting?

Thanks,

:)

TUFKobac, Feb 21, 2020
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

Excellent. Glad it's working. I've set mine to output via the Speakers only because otherwise it creates a bit of an echo in my headset. Doesn't sound bad on stream, since it's just picking up the one, but it has worked for me, and I'm glad it's working
    for you! Have fun!
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

The setting you'll be looking for is on the Xbox, and it needs to be set to have the Party Audio either: "Speakers Only" or "Speakers and Headset". That will put the audio in a channel that is being picked up by the display channel, and will be picked up
    by OBS. Assuming you have audio channel on your PC for OBS, as party chat on the Xbox doesn't output your voice on your set.

Let me know if you need some clarification or if this doesn't work for you.
  4. FadingToJosh Win User

The audio will come from the source. If your PC is the source of the party chat, it will be the source of where the audio is. You would need to either open the party chat on your console or get a headset that allows multiple inputs.
  5. TUFKobac Win User

Got it, I will try it later when I stream. I had it to Headset only, so it might work. I know I have heard it before in my stream just didn't know what had changed.

If not I will try the suggestion FadingToJosh gave.
  6. Christyna64 Win User

Can't Stream With Xbox Game Bar

Mixer streaming has been removed from Windows PC Game Bar. You will now have to use a third party streaming application like OBS or Streamlabs.
Thema:

1. Companion App and Party Chat Audio - Mixer/Streamlabs OBS - Similar Threads - Companion App Party

2. Xbox (Beta) app and console companion party problems

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) app and console companion party problems: Ok so on the console companion I can connect to a party and make a party and everything is fine but about 5 seconds in I cant hear or talk to my friends. On the Xbox (Beta) app I can make a party...
  3. My Xbox companion app on my iPhone X isn’t working, every time I try to join a party it...

in XBoX on Mobile
    My Xbox companion app on my iPhone X isn’t working, every time I try to join a party it...: [img] i did countless things to try to fix this like, restarting router, reinstaling app, switching accounts, switching from 2.4ghz to 5ghz wifi radios and still nothing. I am at a loss and dont...
  4. Xbox One Party chat cannot connect with PC Xbox Companion app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Party chat cannot connect with PC Xbox Companion app: I have a specific problem with xbox one party chat. Party chat works perfectly when I connect with other Xbox one players, However when a PC player on the xbox one companion app connects, it...
  5. Xbox Companion App Party Invitations

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Companion App Party Invitations: So I'm fully aware that there SHOULD be a notification for parties etc on the PC screen and I've checked this is turned on but am not receiving them. Can we please request that this is added into...
  6. My friends in party sound robotic over the xbox companion app

in XBoX on Windows
    My friends in party sound robotic over the xbox companion app: Hey I have a problem with the companion app and can't seem to find the problem online. I just connected my JBL bluetooth headset with a bluetooth adapter to my pc and sounds of other sources are...
  7. Split Party Chat and Game Audio while streaming on Xbox Companion App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Split Party Chat and Game Audio while streaming on Xbox Companion App: Hello, I use display capture in Streamlabs OBS and the Xbox Companion App to broadcast to Twitch. Currently both game audio and party chat are broadcasted when playing with friends as both fall...
  8. Not receiving game or party invites in Xbox (Beta) app or Xbox Console Companion app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not receiving game or party invites in Xbox (Beta) app or Xbox Console Companion app: I'm not receiving game or party invites in Xbox (Beta) app or Xbox Console Companion app. I see a lot of other people have had the same issue, but I cannot find a fix. Can anyone help?...
  9. Xbox Console Companion PARTY ISSUES | Windows 10 app| Xbox Console Companion|

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion PARTY ISSUES | Windows 10 app| Xbox Console Companion|: "We can't connect to Xbox Live right now - the service might be down". 0x8923103D The thing that really confuses me is that if you were to check. https://beta.support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status...
  10. Xbox Companion App’s party chat not working on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App’s party chat not working on PC: When I use the companion apps party chat, it works for about 10 seconds, and then i cant hear my friends, they cant hear me, but it says that im talking in the party. My buddy has the same exact...