Companion App I cannot hear party but they can hear me. Help.

Discus and support Companion App I cannot hear party but they can hear me. Help. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; One day I just could not hear my friends when I would join their parties from the companion app on my PC. I couldn't solve the problem in the five mins... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by EvanA7, Apr 3, 2020.

1. EvanA7
    EvanA7 Guest

One day I just could not hear my friends when I would join their parties from the companion app on my PC. I couldn't solve the problem in the five mins I tried to so I just went to my Xbox to join their party there. After a month I once again tried to
    join via the app to no avail. 3 months of coming back to this app and it still not letting me hear them, but them being able to hear me with no issue I decided to delete the app and try reinstalling it... didn't work. I also tried Xbox (Beta) app, and Game
    Bar both I cannot hear my friends but they can hear me fine. I have checked EVERY time to make sure I am on the correct speaker settings each time I tried to solve the problem on my own and it is always on my default speaker and only audio software Realtek
    Audio Drivers. I don't know what to do anymore honestly. Skype, Discord, and Zoom all work fine I can hear my caller/party and they can hear me. Its just this Companion/Xbox/Game Bar App that doesn't work and I am out of ideas on how to try and fix it.

:)

EvanA7, Apr 3, 2020
  2. MoNsT3R R4P1Dz Win User

go into the settings in companion app and change output audio, mine usually sets the mic as the audio output for some reason.
  3. MikeHEATUP Win User

double audio when streaming through xbox companion app on pc

the double audio im hearing is coming from the companion app on my pc that im using to stream from my xbox. its not from streamlabs. im getting the audio from my xbox and my pc via the companion app. but im using the companion app to use party chat to
    talk. so i cannot mute it because it then mutes the party chat audio and im not able to hear my party.
  4. Till We Drop Win User

Xbox Console Companion not allowing me to join Voice Chat parties.

I am having the same issue, where I can join the party but shows I am still connecting and it takes a while. When it does join the party I cannot hear anyone in the party, nor can they hear me, is this the same issue for you as well? headset works fine
    and everything and the companion app worked perfectly before, I haven't found a solution.
  5. DankPlantGrower Win User

Party app - Can hear others, they cant hear me

Yes this has been happening for 2-3 days, Ive reset router, hard wired connection, fiddled with NAT (always open). Been hearing several complaints as well on other sites.
  6. soccerp1ay3r Win User

Party app - Can hear others, they cant hear me

DankPlantGrower,

Have you tried hard resetting your console? (Hold the power button on the console down for 10 seconds)

This fixes many issues, it may work for yours as well.
Thema:

1. Companion App I cannot hear party but they can hear me. Help. - Similar Threads - Companion App cannot

2. Xbox Companion App - cannot hear people in party chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App - cannot hear people in party chat: I play on my PC while my friends all have xbox so I have to use the companion app. I can see my mic activating. I can see their mic activating. I hear nothing. They can hear me. I have no issues...
  3. Xbox One Party chat cannot connect with PC Xbox Companion app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Party chat cannot connect with PC Xbox Companion app: I have a specific problem with xbox one party chat. Party chat works perfectly when I connect with other Xbox one players, However when a PC player on the xbox one companion app connects, it...
  4. Cannot connect to XBOX one through companion app at all. I have tried all troubleshooting...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect to XBOX one through companion app at all. I have tried all troubleshooting...: My xbox and pc are on the same network and I can see my xbox in devices on pc, however it will not connect through the companion app at all. Says cant connect to xbox - ensure xbox is switched on...
  5. I cannot share game clips with Companion App

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot share game clips with Companion App: I cannot share game clips. As the notification pops up after trying to share any game clip it gives this notice: "You Can't Share Game Clips - There might be a problem with the service or it could...
  6. Cannot connect Xbox to the Companion app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect Xbox to the Companion app.: I have tried everything and still cannot connect the xbox to the Companion app. Its driving me nuts. It worked three days ago and the last three days have been torture. Any ideas? I have tried:...
  7. XBOX Console Companion App for Windows 10 is starting full screen at boot, and I cannot get...

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Console Companion App for Windows 10 is starting full screen at boot, and I cannot get...: How do you disable Xbox Console companion app from launching at startup? There are no options for this in the Windows 10 settings, in the app settings, or in the task manager start up tab. This is...
  8. Why Kinect games cannot be played while using the companion app?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Kinect games cannot be played while using the companion app?: I've been searching if there's some setting that I need to change but I actually never found a single post talking about why Kinect games can't be played while streaming the screen using the...
  9. I cannot change my Xbox gamerpic on the Xbox companion app on my computer.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my Xbox gamerpic on the Xbox companion app on my computer.: I have been trying for three days to try and upload a custom gamerpic, with no success. The only message I get is "Sorry, we can't upload this image right now. Try again in a little while." For...
  10. Cannot connect to Xbox companion app party chat from Pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect to Xbox companion app party chat from Pc: Hi I cannot connect to xbox live party chat every time I log into xbox companion app on my PC and try and join a freinds party the loading circle just keeps spinning and eventually it does not...