Compatibility of XBOX 360 game discs with XBOX 1S console

Discus and support Compatibility of XBOX 360 game discs with XBOX 1S console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My XBOX 360 crashed. It's done. Can XBOX 1s play my 360 games? The specs for XBOX 1s mentions only BLURAY. My game discs are not BLURAY.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DoggedSmile865, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Compatibility of XBOX 360 game discs with XBOX 1S console

My XBOX 360 crashed. It's done. Can XBOX 1s play my 360 games? The specs for XBOX 1s mentions only BLURAY. My game discs are not BLURAY.

:)

DoggedSmile865, Oct 9, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi DoggedSmile865,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with the question about backward compatibility. In reference to the backwards compatibility on the Xbox one concerning Xbox 360 & original Xbox games, I recommend that you check out the follow support
    articles in order to become more familiarized with which games you can play on Xbox One:

If you purchase or own an Xbox 360 Game that is listed as backward compatible with Xbox One (either on disc or digitally), you will be able to access the content.

Hope this helps out and let us know if you have further questions.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there DoggedSmile865,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue and for marking the answer.
    We'll be locking the thread. If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
  4. JaxxonP Win User

Redeem a code--says it is already redeemed.

It gave me an error on the xbox 1s and said it wasn't compatible with this system. Then I looked at my download slip from Amazon and realized I had purchased a game for xbox 360. It will only work on their 360...
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

XBOX 360

The compatibility for discs and games only works backwards, not forwards. Xbox One discs can be played on the Xbox One, Xbox 360 discs (being the older console) can be played on the Xbox One and the Xbox 360, Xbox discs (being the oldest console) can be
    played on all three consoles. The Xbox One is currently the newest console that is out, and therefore, its games only works on its system.

You can view the full list of older games that work on the Xbox One here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

Past that, you'll have to get the right disc to play on the Xbox 360... it should say Xbox 360 on the case and the disc for the game.
  6. WPAK Win User

moving games

Hi there,

you can Not move any 360 games from a xbox 360 to a Xbox One S.

The only option that works if that the 360 games are backwards compatible and you own the 360 games digitally or on disc, that will allow you to Download the 360 games on your Xbox One console.

See this link for the FAQ regarding Backwards compatibility:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/compatibility-with-xbox-360-faq
Thema:

1. Compatibility of XBOX 360 game discs with XBOX 1S console - Similar Threads - Compatibility 360 game

2. Backwards compatible Xbox 360 games are telling me that I’ve been disconnected from Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatible Xbox 360 games are telling me that I’ve been disconnected from Xbox live: For some reason it is displaying this message when i try and select my account. I do have xbox live on my xbox one 6e10a16d-c2e4-4c2a-9c6d-4448248abed4
  3. Xbox bug when playing 360 backwards compatibility games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox bug when playing 360 backwards compatibility games: I'm in xbox insider alpha skip ahead on my xbox one x and have recently found that despite been connected to xbox live (via ethernet to router, all network tests pass ok) when I play a 360...
  4. I can't connect to Xbox live in backward compatible 360 games.

in XboX Insiders
    I can't connect to Xbox live in backward compatible 360 games.: https://imgur.com/a/pLZrTnu When you press yes, it opens up the 1's network page where nothing there reports any connection issue. submitted by /u/Igotbanned1738 [link] [comments]
  5. Backwards Compatible Games Sign Me Out of Xbox Live Mid-Session But Only on My Xbox 360 Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards Compatible Games Sign Me Out of Xbox Live Mid-Session But Only on My Xbox 360 Account: I want to play Black Ops 2 on my xbox one but everytime I'm in the middle of a zombies match with my friends, it disconnects my xbox 360 account from xbox live while i remain in my xbox one party...
  6. Gold Free Games Error on 360 compatible: "Your purchase was successful, but your download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gold Free Games Error on 360 compatible: "Your purchase was successful, but your download...: About six months ago I started receiving the message "Your purchase was successful, but your download queue is full" when trying to download backwards compatible games. I had a 360 years ago and...
  7. When are you putting Xbox 360 007 games on Xbox one backwards compatibility???

in XBoX on Consoles
    When are you putting Xbox 360 007 games on Xbox one backwards compatibility???: When are you going to put xbox 360, 007 games on xbox one backwards compatabilaty , as the red ring of death stuffed my 360 xbox , so bought a xbox one so i could play james bond games , And guess...
  8. More Original Xbox & 360 games compatible for Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    More Original Xbox & 360 games compatible for Xbox Series X?: I know you guys havent added games for awhile, are you hoping to add on after the release of the Xbox Series X? Also could we see xbox 360 Indie games back on the xbox series X? Heres a list game...
  9. Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible games having profile sign in issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible games having profile sign in issue: It's been nearly two days I have been having trouble signing into my Xbox 360 profile both on Backwards Compatible games on Xbox One and similarly I can't sign into my Xbox 360 as well, upon...
  10. Can't play backwards compatible Xbox 360 game on my Xbox One X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play backwards compatible Xbox 360 game on my Xbox One X.: I started Castle Crashers on my Xbox One X for the first time ever today and it required me to download my profile. I entered my email and password and it said, "Hi (my gamertag)! Downloading...