Compatibility of XBOX 360 game discs with XBOX 1S console

Discus and support Compatibility of XBOX 360 game discs with XBOX 1S console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My XBOX 360 crashed. It's done. Can XBOX 1s play my 360 games? The specs for XBOX 1s mentions only BLURAY. My game discs are not BLURAY.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DoggedSmile865, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Compatibility of XBOX 360 game discs with XBOX 1S console

My XBOX 360 crashed. It's done. Can XBOX 1s play my 360 games? The specs for XBOX 1s mentions only BLURAY. My game discs are not BLURAY.

:)

DoggedSmile865, Oct 9, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi DoggedSmile865,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with the question about backward compatibility. In reference to the backwards compatibility on the Xbox one concerning Xbox 360 & original Xbox games, I recommend that you check out the follow support
    articles in order to become more familiarized with which games you can play on Xbox One:

If you purchase or own an Xbox 360 Game that is listed as backward compatible with Xbox One (either on disc or digitally), you will be able to access the content.

Hope this helps out and let us know if you have further questions.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there DoggedSmile865,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue and for marking the answer.
    We'll be locking the thread. If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
  4. JaxxonP Win User

Redeem a code--says it is already redeemed.

It gave me an error on the xbox 1s and said it wasn't compatible with this system. Then I looked at my download slip from Amazon and realized I had purchased a game for xbox 360. It will only work on their 360...
  5. WPAK Win User

moving games

Hi there,

you can Not move any 360 games from a xbox 360 to a Xbox One S.

The only option that works if that the 360 games are backwards compatible and you own the 360 games digitally or on disc, that will allow you to Download the 360 games on your Xbox One console.

See this link for the FAQ regarding Backwards compatibility:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/compatibility-with-xbox-360-faq
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

Atari games

If you're trying to run this Xbox 360 game on Xbox One, it must be back-compatible, otherwise it cannot be installed. If the game disc is not intended for Xbox 360 consoles, then it cannot run on that console, either.
Thema:

1. Compatibility of XBOX 360 game discs with XBOX 1S console - Similar Threads - Compatibility 360 game

2. Cannot download my profile on Xbox 360 and Xbox One backwards compatible games (8015190A error)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot download my profile on Xbox 360 and Xbox One backwards compatible games (8015190A error): Hello, I'm posting this because I'm having issues with my Xbox account for quite some time now. I cannot download my profile on Xbox 360 and Xbox One backwards compatible games. But i can login...
  3. Can't login with Xbox One into backward compatible 360 games. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't login with Xbox One into backward compatible 360 games. Why?: I have an old 360 profile that I deleted and want to use my current Xbox One profile but every time the 360 game starts, it logs me out of LIVE and wont let me choose my current profile. Nothing I...
  4. Can't connect to Xbox Live through the Xbox 360 Dashboard in Backwards Compatibility games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to Xbox Live through the Xbox 360 Dashboard in Backwards Compatibility games.: Hello. I'm having a serious problem with Backwards Compatibility titles on the Xbox One, not being able to connect to Xbox Live even though my Xbox One is connected without any issue. At first,...
  5. Can't connect to xbox 360 online game through backwards compatibility on Xbox One....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to xbox 360 online game through backwards compatibility on Xbox One....: Hello, I read a lot of discussion about people getting the 80151901 error while playing Xbox 360 game on Xbox One. I tried multiple thing to solve this problem such as deleting my profile,...
  6. xbox 360 game no longer working on xbox 360 after being update for backwards compatability

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 game no longer working on xbox 360 after being update for backwards compatability: Hello other xbox users me and a friend have decided to ditch our pc's and next gen consoles to go back to the glory days of the xbox 360 i still have my slim but my friend purchased a used xbox...
  7. Will Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy Xbox 360 game be added to backwards compatible...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy Xbox 360 game be added to backwards compatible...: This video game was amazing and I'd love to buy it on my Xbox One S. fd54becd-5507-404e-bac9-540a0696534d
  8. Can't download Xbox 360 backward compatible games from disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download Xbox 360 backward compatible games from disk: Hello all, I have a new Xbox One S and I can't load any Xbox 360 disk. I have an Assassins Creed Black Flag disk which states in the box that it is Xbox One compatible, but when I insert the disk...
  9. XBOX 360 Back Compat games run like they are on a low spec emulator...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX 360 Back Compat games run like they are on a low spec emulator...: Honestly, they have framerate issues all over the place, freezing, audio sync issues, stuttering... its like I'm playing on an emulator on hardware that can't handle it, and I haven't seen this...
  10. Xbox 360 backwards compatible games not showing achievements when played on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 backwards compatible games not showing achievements when played on Xbox One: I was playing a 360 game on Xbox One and earned an achievement. When I checked the achievements in the Xbox One menu the game did not show up at all. I brought up the emulated 360 dashboard and it...