Competitive Overwatch - Can not play with my friend in matches.

Discus and support Competitive Overwatch - Can not play with my friend in matches. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, about 2 - 3 months ago me and my friend used to play overwatch competitive together all the time. I live in the UK and she lives in the US. Now... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PETTERS91, Aug 8, 2019.

1. PETTERS91
    PETTERS91 Guest

Hi, about 2 - 3 months ago me and my friend used to play overwatch competitive together all the time.

I live in the UK and she lives in the US. Now when we launch a competitive match, it takes us over 25 minutes to even find a game.

I have set my xbox to US. This still doesn’t help. I’ve spoken to Blizzard and they said they can’t help.

Does anyone have any solutions for this?

:)

PETTERS91, Aug 8, 2019
  2. xFad3dNovax Win User

Hi,

If you have higher ranks, queue time gets longer, although not as long as 25 minutes. I personally haven't had any of those issues recently and I (US) and my partner (UK) just played comp together the other day. This leads me to believe its not a large-scale
    issue (a bit harder to find a solution for).

I tried to research it a bit, and nothing really came up that was recent or had a proper solution.

Have you tried to simply uninstall and reinstall the game? Either of you?

I know it can be a pain to do, but it may fix your issue. Sorry that I cannot provide a better solution.

Hope this helped.
  3. RadiatingDrip9 Win User

Cannot Raise Reputation after 6 months of World of Tanks

Yes this has happened to some of my friends who play competitive Overwatch, it seems to be an issue in competitive play. I heard playing World of Tanks usually helps but 6 months seems a little excessive. Hopefully you get your situation figured out I guess
    thats why PS4's popularity has been growing compared to Xbox.
  4. HLG emilioooooo Win User

Cannot Raise Reputation after 6 months of World of Tanks

Yes this has happened to some of my friends who play competitive Overwatch, it seems to be an issue in competitive play. I heard playing World of Tanks usually helps but 6 months seems a little excessive. Hopefully you get your situation figured out I guess
    thats why PS4's popularity has been growing compared to Xbox.
    Yea I played Symmetra on Overwatch and even though I had a 66% win percentage with her I kept getting reported for unsportsmanlike conduct. I have been thinking about getting a PS4 but Ive been with Xbox for over 10 years and am a huge Halo fan so I want
    to stay with them if my account can work again.
  5. MissyQ Win User

Insight

Competitive mode is a different beast, honestly. I personally feel that doing it without a group that is as into it as you makes it harder. Communication and reactions are key in Competitive mode, and having a random pick up group makes that difficult. Think
    of Competitive mode more like how people play in Team Fortress 2 or MOBA games; they do it with a group of friends and plan out attacks kind of like a competitive sports teams.

You could do the placement matches by yourself, but if you get placed severely below friends of yours (those that are on Xbox), you cannot play with them in groups after. Support characters also take a bit more of a hit because they don't do as much damage,
    so do placement matches as offense, defense, or tanks.

Once Clubs become available to everyone, as opposed to only in Preview right now, it will make finding a group easier for you. You could join a competitive club for Overwatch then and play in groups that are in the Club. This will be similar to how Beacons
    worked on the Xbox 360 (if you remember those). Sometimes there's threads in these forums where people are looking for others to group with them. If you can't find one immediately, you can always post a new one!
  6. dkore Win User

Xbox live avoid me rep

I have played countless hours of a variety of multiplayer games all week, to no avail.

Competitive mode is now live in Overwatch, and I am unable to play merely because a few players didn't want to get matched up against me.

I really hope somebody on the Enforcement team will address this.
Thema:

1. Competitive Overwatch - Can not play with my friend in matches. - Similar Threads - Competitive Overwatch play

2. Looking for competitive Gears of War 4 players!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looking for competitive Gears of War 4 players!!: I'm looking for a few other competitive gears of war 4 players to have a solid TDM team! Or even KOTH. However, toxicity WILL NOT be tolerated. Kills the vibe and we dont want that. Please add me...
  3. Overwatch Competitive season 1 rewards

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Overwatch Competitive season 1 rewards: Hello, I had made it to top 500 status in competitive season 1 and have not received my top 500 spray and emblem. How can I receive them? 64b9fd7c-8aad-4ae2-90d4-6b509a455f53
  4. Overwatch Competitive Points

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwatch Competitive Points: Hello, as some may know the season three of overwatch just ended. I finished in the grandmaster class which gives you 3000 competitive points. When I finished the game said that I only finished in...
  5. I can't play overwatch competitive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play overwatch competitive: I was playing a game and got kicked out at the end and than now if I try to play competitive it says I can't play while suspended or banned and it doesn't even give me a time even though I never...
  6. Overwatch Crashes on competitive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwatch Crashes on competitive: every time i play competitive match my overwatch crash and dont load back to the match and stay in an infinite loading and dont load back to match. 8a8b4141-ed75-41d9-8de0-7b8b3405cec5
  7. Disconnected from competitive games in Overwatch LC202 and BC101

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disconnected from competitive games in Overwatch LC202 and BC101: Xbox one Overwatch: In competitive Mode I keep getting kicked out of games and back to the log in screen occurs every 15-30mins (competitive games and only when my team is winning?), cannot log...
  8. Female gamer looking for other adults to play Overwatch Competitive with.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Female gamer looking for other adults to play Overwatch Competitive with.: Hello there, fellow gamers. I'm currently looking for other Overwatch players to play competitive mode with. I'm getting annoyed with playing with randoms and would really prefer to communicate...
  9. Banned from Overwatch Competitive due to a bad connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Banned from Overwatch Competitive due to a bad connection: I contacted Blizzard first, but they sent me here. What happened was I was already in hot water with comp. I had left prematurely several times simply because i had other things i needed to do....
  10. Starting a competitive clan for Overwatch [UK]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Starting a competitive clan for Overwatch [UK]: As stated above we're looking for some players who likes to win! -21+ -Versatile -Team Player -Good Communication Feel free to message my GT. 4a054d41-a04f-49de-bbb7-e9347d29a19b