Concern over Black Screen issue during Anthem Demo

Discus and support Concern over Black Screen issue during Anthem Demo in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a new Xbox One X on Thursday (January 31st) in preparation for the Anthem release in February. I played in the VIP Demo January 25-27 on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JoeyDeezul, Feb 12, 2019.

1. JoeyDeezul
    JoeyDeezul Guest

I bought a new Xbox One X on Thursday (January 31st) in preparation for the Anthem release in February. I played in the VIP Demo January 25-27 on my old Xbox One and enjoyed myself despite the 95% load error, which was manageable. So, to the problem, I
    downloaded the Anthem demo on my new Xbox One X to participate in the open demo this weekend, and whenever I selected the demo, the Anthem title screen would show, and then the screen went black and nothing else would happen. If I left it on the screen for
    about 5 minutes or so eventually sometimes the sound would start to play but there was never any picture. I searched for some of the quick fixes that I found online, such as unplugging the power source, making sure the demo was saved to the internal storage
    and not the external hard drive, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game/demo but had no luck. I tried other games to see if the same thing would happen but I was able to load GTA 5 and play, and I checked some apps out as well; I was able to watch Netflix,
    HBO Now, and Twitch so it seems the only time I am getting the black screen is when I attempt to play the Anthem demo. I would like to try to resolve the issue before launch or have some sort of confidence that when the game releases I will not experience
    the same issue. I've already scheduled time off following the launch so I can enjoy the game and if I have to spend those days trying to field a repair for my Xbox I will be disappointed; I'd rather try to resolve the issue ahead of time. If anyone had a similar
    issue and was able to work this out I would be interested to know what worked.

:)

JoeyDeezul, Feb 12, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi
    there Joey,

Thanks for the reply!
    I recommend to try doing a
    soft factory reset of the console,
    Reset and keep games and apps to help reset the operating system. Please note before doing this troubleshooting step, make sure to know your email and passwords for your Xbox profiles.

Try this out and let us know the results.
  3. Half Fish Half Win User

I have noticed that some players seem to have difficulty with handshaking between certain receivers and the Xbox One X and only with certain games. Are you running your console through such a device and if so could you test to see if it works better while
    bypassing it?
  4. JoeyDeezul Win User

No, it isn't hooked in to anything. Its connected directly to the television. The only thing other than that is the wireless connection to the router, but the wifi isn't giving me an issue.
  5. JoeyDeezul Win User

Yeah, I gave that a shot too. Still no luck.
  6. Whitey Black Win User

Thanks for give of you're time during the anthem demo i know there a few problems including problems whit EA server all corrected right now. if some app if giving you problems try to power cycle your console. Please hold down the power button on the front
    of the console for approximately 15 seconds until the power light shuts off. Wait about 60 seconds, then power it back on. Be sure you see the green "XBOX ONE" animation loading screen when you power it back up.
Thema:

1. Concern over Black Screen issue during Anthem Demo - Similar Threads - Concern Black Screen

2. Publicity stunt or concerned game publisher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Publicity stunt or concerned game publisher: It's definitely interesting. I would need to find out more details before I could make a final decision. I've only heard one side. Their version of events, Which may not be true at all. There...
  3. ‘Gears 5’ Will Eliminate All Smoking Depictions After Concerns Raised by Youth Anti-Tobacco Org

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ‘Gears 5’ Will Eliminate All Smoking Depictions After Concerns Raised by Youth Anti-Tobacco Org: "Gears 5" the forthcoming installment in the “Gears of Wars” third-person shooter game franchise, will be a smoke-free establishment. The game, set for Sept. 10 release, comes from Xbox Game...
  4. Concerning Xbox One issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Concerning Xbox One issues...: Hi all, So, I've been having a number of issues with my Xbox One lately, such as most times whenever I try to play NHL a message keeps coming up saying "insert the disc", even though the disc is...
  5. Concerns with odd goings on with my Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Concerns with odd goings on with my Xbox.: So going to keep this brief, and since trying to get hold of anyone on the Support lines/email chat is futile will throw this in here.. over the last few days i have had the following. When...
  6. issues with customer service concerning microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    issues with customer service concerning microsoft account: Once again I am being asked to verify my account before i can log into my xbox live account. I know all the login info, but do not have access to the phone as i just switched to another carrier...
  7. Problème concernant Minecraft Xbox one Edition. (Problem with Minecraft Xbox one Edition.)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problème concernant Minecraft Xbox one Edition. (Problem with Minecraft Xbox one Edition.): Bonjour. J'ai récemment rejoué sur ma Xbox Minecraft Xbox one Edition que je n'avais pas touché depuis quelques années déj . Ce jeu me propose son démarrage de "téléchargez la dernière version...
  8. health concern and I was unable to delete my subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    health concern and I was unable to delete my subscription: hello, I have a health concern and I was unable to delete my subscription in time, I just left the hospital and I would like to know if my subscription of 3 months remains from or if I can delete...
  9. Xbox billing concerns

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox billing concerns: Hi, I had this problem since Sunday May 19, I just found out that my 5 year old son chose to add some coins for his roblox and fortnite. The transaction was still pending on my card so I called...
  10. Black Ops III Beta Concern!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black Ops III Beta Concern!: I registered for Beta Months ago and till this day I have not received any communication on this. I know it is up tomorrow and I have not received instructions on how to download it. Should I be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. athem game black screen