Configuration Error" occurs when you try to add a Windows Media Center extender

Discus and support Configuration Error" occurs when you try to add a Windows Media Center extender in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I receive an error when trying to add an extender to Windows Media Center 7 with Win 7 SP1, and an XBOX 360. I have already tried the two... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MNAONE, Jan 23, 2014.

1. MNAONE
    MNAONE Guest

Hello,

I receive an error when trying to add an extender to Windows Media Center 7 with Win 7 SP1, and an XBOX 360.

I have already tried the two solutions here:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/connections/configuration-error

and neither has resolved the issue.

Also, as a part of following the instructions, the option to UNINSTALL the extender is missing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

:)

MNAONE, Jan 23, 2014
  2. Configuration Error" occurs when you try to add a Windows Media Center extender

I receive the same error, right after I get the message that the extender driver has successfully installed. Here is my event viewer info:

"Media Center Extender Setup cannot create an account for the Extender with ID: uuid:10000000-0000-0000-0200-6045BDB3EA8A.

Error: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed."

vinyltapradio, Jan 23, 2014
  3. traeleon
    traeleon Guest
    media center extender issues please help

I got my
    PC
    Media Center and my Xbox360 media extender somehow out of

sync with each other. In other words the WMC's don't seem to see each other.

It seems the easiest thing for me to do, would be to uninstall the Media

Extender from the PC Media Center. When I follow the steps to uninstall the extender from the Media Center PC there is NO option to Uninstall. Instead I only have the option to Add Extender

WMC >

Tasks >

Settings >

Extender >

(the only option i get is) CONFIGURE

(there is no UNINSTALL at this point)

The device is seen in WMC as

XBOX

not set up

Setup key: ****-136*

When I try to configure with a new setup key the wizard goes through the

following check box's

configuring computer settings - OK

Searching for extenders - OK

Configuring extender - fails

The next screen indicates

Configuration error

An error was encountered while configuring your computer to use with this

Extender.

The
    XBox
    at this point has a Windows Media Center splash screen open and

indicates "contacting" under that

But the connection never resolves.

This is a
    Windows
    WMC PC

traeleon, Jan 23, 2014
  4. tjex16 Win User

Streaming Media From Windows Media Player to Xbox 360

During Windows Media Center Extender setup, Windows Firewall has to be updated to allow communication between the Windows Media Center-based computer and the Xbox 360 console. If the Windows Firewall service has been stopped, these updates can't occur. Therefore,
    the Windows Media Center Extender Setup program won't install.(from the support site)
  5. Mister Rush Win User

HD Video Not Playing in XBox Media Center

Hi Prosecutor Z,

When you set up the Windows Media Center Extender, did you uninstall the Windows Media Center Extender

as described here
    and they try setting it up again? Also, do these movies show cover art when in the int Media Center or is it not displaying artwork in either app? And when playing these videos through the Media Center app, are you on a wired or wireless
    connection? Do you notice a difference through various connection setups? Let us know. Thanks.
  6. jaynight92 Win User

Media Center and XBOX wont work - windows 7

My PC is Windows 7 Home Edition, My Xbox and PC are both on a wireless connection, I managed to connect the Media Center just fine, The way I did this is following the step by step instructions on connecting them together. Please double check these instructions
    and see if you missed a step or maybe by mistake did something wrong.

First to be on the safe side do this.

•Click Start, Windows Media Center.

•Select Task, Settings.

•Select Extender.

•Select your Xbox 360 Media Center Extender.

•Select Uninstall.

If you cant find the Xbox 360 Media Center Extender then you may not have it installed yet. After checking this step please try the following.

Gather Setup Key from Xbox 360

•Press the Media Center Start button on the remote or go to My Xbox, then select Windows Media Center.

•Advance through the on-screen instructions to obtain the 8-digit Media Center Setup Key. Write this key down.

Add Extender

•At the Windows Vista or Windows 7 Media Center PC, launch Windows Media Center. Select Start, Windows Media Center.

•Select Tasks, Add Extender.

•When prompted, provide the 8-digit setup key you received from your Xbox 360.

•Complete the Extender setup.

This is the exact way that I have installed the media center using a Wireless connection to both systems and having Windows 7. I am however not sure if network discovery has anything to do with this on your PC.
  7. JironGhrad Win User

Mediacenter no connction to xbox

Which version of Windows are you using Tubias? Only certain versions of Windows have Media Center installed and your console should give you a code to configure media center on your PC. Did that occur?
  8. Miss Portia Win User

Playing A Video

Media Center is for when you're using the Xbox as a Media Center Extender, when connected to a PC running Windows Media Center. :)
Thema:

1. Configuration Error" occurs when you try to add a Windows Media Center extender - Similar Threads - Configuration Error occurs

2. Xbox Accessories App Cannot Configure Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Accessories App Cannot Configure Elite Series 2: I am using Windows 10. When I click the "Configure" button on the Xbox Accessories application and window briefly appears with the Xbox logo that looks like the application is attempting to sign...
  3. How do i configure my zyxel router from ivp4 to ipv6?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    How do i configure my zyxel router from ivp4 to ipv6?: How do i configure my zyxel router from ivp4 to ipv6? They have a knowledge base you can find with a simple Google search. How to Set Up IPv6 Interfaces for Pure IPv6 Routing...
  4. Elite Series 2 Controller - Configure app on PC - Can't Configure

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite Series 2 Controller - Configure app on PC - Can't Configure: I've got the app running - Windows 10 is up to date, the firmware on the controller has been updated. The controller is connected via USB. There is no way to actually configure any of the...
  5. Wow!! The new Dashboard home is Great! And it's configurable! You can delete tabs , sort...

in XboX Insiders
    Wow!! The new Dashboard home is Great! And it's configurable! You can delete tabs , sort...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Pschirki [link] [comments]
  6. Cannot configure Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - error 0x800708CA

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot configure Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - error 0x800708CA: I get the below error whenever I try to use the app. I have updated Windows to latest version, tried logging into a Microsoft account, etc-- no change. When I search this error code in general it...
  7. error 0x80a4001a and not access the configuration

in XBoX on Consoles
    error 0x80a4001a and not access the configuration: when I try to enter the profile I get a problem (0x80a4001a) what to do? ad2b8890-3cf0-48a7-b3a2-81b4c2ff0738
  8. Configuration Error" occurs when you try to add a Windows Media Center extender

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Configuration Error" occurs when you try to add a Windows Media Center extender: I receive the same error, right after I get the message that the extender driver has successfully installed. Here is my event viewer info: "Media Center Extender Setup cannot create an account...
  9. Editing to add that I got "Server error invalid configuration file" today since I ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Editing to add that I got "Server error invalid configuration file" today since I ...: I got this error last week, but the next day the app worked. Some days it works and some days "Server error invalid configuration file" Monday it also said insufficient bandwidth to run a...
  10. Internal server error - invalid configuration file

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Internal server error - invalid configuration file: Xbox fitness ran without issue for me. Then my wife tried to work out, and it would not load, saying "internal server error - invalid configuration file". I tried a hard reset, uninstall and...