: Configuring Xbox to work with multiple subnets

Discus and support : Configuring Xbox to work with multiple subnets in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Configuring Xbox to work with multiple subnets Microsoft & Community, Has anyone been successful in implementing a fix to allow the Xbox to talk... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Lucas_67-789, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Lucas_67-789
    Lucas_67-789 Guest

Microsoft & Community,

Has anyone been successful in implementing a fix to allow the Xbox to talk across multiple subnets?

We run mid-tier enterprise routing equipment and have our network separated into different subnets/vLANs for security and QoS purposes. The vLANs are broken into purpose-specific groups.

[table][tr][td]Group[/td][td]vLAN[/td][td]CIDR[/td][td]Devices[/td][/tr][tr][td]Personal [/td][td]1[/td][td]10.1.1.0/24[/td][td]Cellphones, Tablets, Computers[/td][/tr][tr][td]Personal IoT[/td][td]2[/td][td]10.1.2.0/24[/td][td]Printers, Games Consols, TV's, ...[/td][/tr][tr][td]Business[/td][td]10[/td][td]10.2.1.0/24[/td][td]Computers, Servers[/td][/tr][tr][td]Business VoIP[/td][td]11[/td][td]10.2.2.0/24[/td][td]VoIP Phones[/td][/tr][tr][td]Business IoT[/td][td]12[/td][td]10.2.3.0/24[/td][td]Printers, Scanners, Portable devices[/td][/tr][tr][td]Guest[/td][td]20[/td][td]10.3.1.0/24[/td][td][/tr][tr][td]Administrative [/td][td][td]10.0.0.0/24[/td][td]infrastructure[/td][/tr][/table]

We can get most of the services to talk across the different vLANs in all desired use cases. Cellphones on the personal network can control tv's on the personal IoT network. But cellphones on the personal network cannot see or access printers or computers
    on the business networks. We have even been able to get the SONOS system to connect; controllers that are on the personal vLAN can access the speakers that are on the personal IoT vLAN by implementing IGMP-PROXY service between the two vLANs. But, this has
    not helped the Xbox situation.

We have
    found a solution where someone was using NAT
    to change the IP addresses of devices in their personal vLAN to match the subnet of their IoT vLAN and get a connection to the Xbox; however this is not a solution that our system is capable of performing between
    vLANs.

Can anyone with Microsoft or intimate knowledge of the firewall & security policies of the Xbox lend us some insight?

To help identify possible solutions here is the hardware we are running.

• Ubiquiti UniFi Security Gateway Pro 4
    • Ubiquiti UniFi Switch 48 POE-500W
    • Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-Pro

:)

Lucas_67-789, Sep 8, 2020
  2. HLRTundra4x4 Win User

How to I get my router/modem to recognize a new Mac address

Tried that, did not work. It is not showing an IP address, subnet mask or gateway. I have the IP addy....

I need the subnet mask and gateway configurations.

Can you help with That?
  3. Troubled Bacon Win User

Cant Connect to xbox live.

It still did not work. i pressed the apple icon went to network settings then i clicked on wi-fi. it did not show me ip, subnet mask or gateway so i pressed advanced and it came up with another tab. i then clicked tcp/ip and i found IPv4 address, subnet
    mask and router. IPv4 - 10.0.0.2 Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0 Router - 10.0.0.1. so i manually put them into the xbox network configure option and it still said ip address error.
  4. ASuperWhiteGuy Win User

Xbox saying that it cannot find a network.

I've looked through everything and nothing has worked. When I go to Configure Network my IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway are all 0.0.0.0 but when I manually but in the correct numbers it still doesn't work.
  5. Vladoski50 Win User

Network issues with xbox one.

It sees the network. Under network settings, it grabs ip/dns/subnet from the router's dhcp. it just will not get internet connection even with proper configuration without rebooting the router. Again, every other device plugged into the bridge router works
    without problem. It's just xbox one acting up.
  6. taidara Win User

Why do I keep getting disconnected from Xbox Live Party?!?

Tell me your current set up regarding Port Forwarding, DMZ and UPnP. How have you configured your Xbox network settings (IP address, Subnet mask, Gateway, DNS)?
Thema:

1. : Configuring Xbox to work with multiple subnets - Similar Threads - Configuring multiple subnets

2. Elite controller 2 won’t configure to pc Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite controller 2 won’t configure to pc Xbox app: Had a series 2 elite controller wont connected to thr app straight away and let me map the buttons. The controller was faulty so sent it back. Recived another and the app shows the controller but...
  3. Configure VPN to Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configure VPN to Xbox One?: Anyone know the best way to connect a private VPN to my xbox? not DNS, but actually vpn. might just connect to my desktop. thanks for your help! 3c9735d5-e502-4798-b802-c367317c327c
  4. Flight simulator configuration

in XBoX on Windows
    Flight simulator configuration: Bonjour la communauté, j'ai une geforce 550 ti et le jeu revient au bureau pendant le chargement. J'ai aussi 16 Gb de ram et un i5 6600 si mes souvenirs sont bons. Quelqu'un aurait une idée ?...
  5. Can’t configure my Xbox one x with my iPhone xr

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can’t configure my Xbox one x with my iPhone xr: https://answers.microsoft.com/nb-no/xbox/forum/all/Can-t-sign-into-my-account-on-my-xbox-app-on-my-iphone-/a8e77816-d36c-47d8-8e3e-91dd12dddad0 I still cant configure my Xbox one x with my Iphone...
  6. Fligh Simulator 2020 crash with black screen after few minutes in high end configuration -...

in XBoX on Windows
    Fligh Simulator 2020 crash with black screen after few minutes in high end configuration -...: Hello after FS 2020 installation the software suggested graphic level 'high end' Unfortunately FS crash after few minutes with a blank screen Only workaroud I found is reduce graphic level to...
  7. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020: Sidewinder Precision 2 not configured

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020: Sidewinder Precision 2 not configured: My Sidewinder Precision 2 is not configured with MSFS 2020. How do I deal with it? Thanks 88ce9c2e-9333-47cc-a596-dd9545142a43
  8. Can't configure my xbox controller elite 2

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't configure my xbox controller elite 2: My windows was update to 2004(19041.388) xbox accessories version is 300.1911.1001.0 And I'm sure that I connected my controller with cable ,but all the feature of the accessories app was...
  9. Xbox Accessories App configuration not working (Windows 10)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories App configuration not working (Windows 10): Greetings ^_^ I'm having an issue with the Xbox accessories App on my Windows 10 I use an elite series 2 controller which I'd like to configure through the App however, even though the...
  10. : Router configuration

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Router configuration: : Router configuration Hello Burning, Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having issues with port forwarding. Here is a guide on how to port forward. If you got router...