Confusion

Discus and support Confusion in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Confusion That's interesting about the chips. I haven't heard that before. I was convinced it was a marketing ploy. I remember the Xbox one launch... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by JamesCrocker7, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Confusion

Confusion
    That's interesting about the chips. I haven't heard that before. I was convinced it was a marketing ploy. I remember the Xbox one launch party. DeadMouse spinning beats. Athletes playing the games. The hype. I also remember it not not being a great success like Microsoft projected. I assumed that Covid would take some of the blame for a lack of fanfare and release parties and I assumed that they have a marketing genius at the helm because how does one create interest in a product when everything has been done before. You describe some reasons why they need it and then you create a panic by telling them that the thing they need has been sold out...

An absolute marketing master stroke.

My Xbox one s stopped working at the same time of the limited launch. I was unable to source a an X unit yesterday. I paid below retail for it. My son however. Could not wait. He paid $1100. So I'm a little frustrated about that but what can you do. I just thought that we were both going to be able to say. "Who cares. It was worth it." Well. We're not saying that. We're not say much at all...

My son and I will have to be content with our choices and will forever refer to this time in our lives as a learning lesson not to be forgotten...

:)

JamesCrocker7, Mar 31, 2021
  2. CRoW McJINGLE Win User

confused

[quote user="a tired old guy"]

[quote user="FwM CRoW"]

Tired old guy your responses concerning the lag comp are getting as tired as your name!

Now take note im not going to flame you im going to ask you a couple of questions!

Are you thick as *** or just retarded?

You keep harping on about that lag comp is bs go feckin read up on it ffs.

developer.valvesoftware.com/.../Lag_compensation

community.activision.com/.../413650353

community.callofduty.com/.../413647697

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/64729546

This game has already shown that 3-4 bars means nothing.

[/quote]

I'm not saying it doesnt exist ...... but you apparently arent smart enoough to comprehend anything you read.

You posted the first link from valve .... doesnt really say much other than that it exists.

How about actually researching a bit, here is a real simple one you should read from the same website .... first line on this page.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/NPC_Lag_Compensation

I'll make it easy for you.

"Without
    lag compensation
    , when you shoot at a target, you have to take your ping time into account, and aim ahead of it accordingly. So if your ping is 100ms, you have to aim for where the target's head will be in 100ms, rather than where you see it right now."

-------------------------------------

Now ..... do you jave any clue what can happen in 100 ms?

People turn corners, bullets get fired, people spawn, they dropshot, they turn around.

If you just look at the term "lag compensation" you would understand that the purpose is top make it better, or even it out

com·pen·sa·tion /ˌkɒm pənˈseɪ ʃən/
    Show Spelled
    [kom-puh n-sey-shuh n]
    Show IPA

noun
    the act or
    state of compensating.

the state of
    being compensated.

something
    given or received
    as an
    equivalent for
    services, debt,
    loss, injury,
    suffering, lack,
    etc.; indemnity: The
    insurance company
    paid him
    $2000 as compensation
    for the
    loss of his car.

Biology . the
    improvement of
    any defect
    by the excessive
    development or
    action of another
    structure or
    organ of the same
    structure.

Psychology . a
    mechanism by
    which an
    individual attempts to
    make up
    for some real
    or imagined
    deficiency of
    personality or behavior
    by developing
    or stressing
    another aspect
    of the personality
    or by substituting
    a different
    form of behavior.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other part of the term " lag" ...... it was there first.... so they compensate it.

Now you can call me any names you want. Its not going to hurt my feelings. I'm not going to think " oh .... he called me retarded. Even though its obvious he has no clue what the h*ll he's talking about, he just MUST be correct because he tried
    insulting me.

Anyone who has played cod for the last 5 years has dealt with LAG ...... and have been able to deal with it easier because of lag comp.

It might not be perfect, and could use a bit of adjustment from time to time. But its a heck of a lot better than it would be without it.

[/quote]

"Without
    lag compensation
    , when you shoot at a target, you have to take your ping time into account, and aim ahead of it accordingly. So if your ping is 100ms, you have to aim for where the target's head will be in 100ms, rather than where you see it right now."

Instead of trying to come across all clever an crap read what i actually wrote! i never called you any names i asked you if you were a "retard" or just "thick as feck" in which you've just shown what you are lol.

Change the record because you clearly haven't a clue what your on about.
  3. a tired old guy Win User

confused

[quote user="FwM CRoW"]

Tired old guy your responses concerning the lag comp are getting as tired as your name!

Now take note im not going to flame you im going to ask you a couple of questions!

Are you thick as *** or just retarded?

You keep harping on about that lag comp is bs go feckin read up on it ffs.

developer.valvesoftware.com/.../Lag_compensation

community.activision.com/.../413650353

community.callofduty.com/.../413647697

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/64729546

This game has already shown that 3-4 bars means nothing.

[/quote]

I'm not saying it doesnt exist ...... but you apparently arent smart enoough to comprehend anything you read.

You posted the first link from valve .... doesnt really say much other than that it exists.

How about actually researching a bit, here is a real simple one you should read from the same website .... first line on this page.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/NPC_Lag_Compensation

I'll make it easy for you.

"Without
    lag compensation

-------------------------------------

Now ..... do you jave any clue what can happen in 100 ms?

People turn corners, bullets get fired, people spawn, they dropshot, they turn around.

If you just look at the term "lag compensation" you would understand that the purpose is top make it better, or even it out

com·pen·sa·tion /ˌkɒm pənˈseɪ ʃən/
    Show Spelled
    [kom-puh n-sey-shuh n]
    Show IPA

noun
    the act or
    state of compensating.

the state of
    being compensated.

something
    given or received
    as an
    equivalent for
    services, debt,
    loss, injury,
    suffering, lack,
    etc.; indemnity: The
    insurance company
    paid him
    $2000 as compensation
    for the
    loss of his car.

Biology . the
    improvement of
    any defect
    by the excessive
    development or
    action of another
    structure or
    organ of the same
    structure.

Psychology . a
    mechanism by
    which an
    individual attempts to
    make up
    for some real
    or imagined
    deficiency of
    personality or behavior
    by developing
    or stressing
    another aspect
    of the personality
    or by substituting
    a different
    form of behavior.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other part of the term " lag" ...... it was there first.... so they compensate it.

Now you can call me any names you want. Its not going to hurt my feelings. I'm not going to think " oh .... he called me retarded. Even though its obvious he has no clue what the h*ll he's talking about, he just MUST be correct because he tried
    insulting me.

Anyone who has played cod for the last 5 years has dealt with LAG ...... and have been able to deal with it easier because of lag comp.

It might not be perfect, and could use a bit of adjustment from time to time. But its a heck of a lot better than it would be without it.
  4. Rizzlok Win User

confused

ah well that would explain it
  5. IPlayHard0r4Fun Win User

confused

it's everybodys BFF called lag comp
  6. Piztup- Win User

Confused..

To stream using the Xbox Music app, you need to buy the Music Pass. (stupid idea). To stream for free however, the Zune software still works fine.
Thema:

Confusion

1. Confusion - Similar Threads - Confusion

2. what does this number mean? it's confused me for a while now

in XBoX Accessibility
    what does this number mean? it's confused me for a while now: [img] what does this mean? 66d5a332-ba3f-42ec-ab32-2e8c43303ea3
  3. confusion about fh3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    confusion about fh3: since forza horizon 3 is not available on its official webpage "forzamotorsort.net" or something like that and also on microsoft store. so,i would like to know that will I be debtful to "forza" if...
  4. help pls. i preorder battlefield 2042 and it’s confusing af just read

in XboX Insiders
    help pls. i preorder battlefield 2042 and it’s confusing af just read: I pre-ordered battlefield 2042. And when i go to my order history there’s no option to cancel it and it says “payment failed” i typed up how to cancel the pre order but it says if you’ve been...
  5. Game Pass availability confusion

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass availability confusion: Hey so I decided to see if Game Pass will work even though I live in a not supported EU country and I'm a little bit confused. It accepted my payment and upon starting the app I am greeted with...
  6. Confused about Omega Ring Releases

in XboX Insiders
    Confused about Omega Ring Releases: I saw that MS released two Omega Ring releases at approximately the same time (Sep 21st): 2108.210920-1815 2109.210920-1845 I thought everyone in the Omega Ring get the same preview OS, but it...
  7. Xbox live and ultimate confusion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live and ultimate confusion: I have approximately eight months of standard xbox live and and I have been recently debating whether or not to get game pass ultimate. If I do get ultimate, what will happen to the eight months I...
  8. payment and double up account confusion

in XBoX on Consoles
    payment and double up account confusion: hi ! i am a newbie to xbox and microsoft - my kids have set up their xbox game pass ultimate accounts but we are paying two seperate memberships, one for each account? Is that neccessary - i...
  9. TOS confuses me

in XBoX on Consoles
    TOS confuses me: I asked the support team about this concern but I saw a post on here that answered it differently so I am confused. The question is, can I post gamertags on social media? This is only involving...
  10. Confused about Xbox Game Pass for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Confused about Xbox Game Pass for PC: New to Game Pass on PC. Recently picked it up because of the 3 months for $1 offer. I'm otherwise a PS and PC player, but Xbox's E3 showcase caved me in a bit. I signed up and have the app for PC...