Conncting the cable box and getting it to function

Discus and support Conncting the cable box and getting it to function in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Entone cable box with a Hydra model. xbox cannot find that model of a cable box so I cannot connect/control the cable channels through the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MaizeJuffowup15, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Conncting the cable box and getting it to function

I have a Entone cable box with a Hydra model. xbox cannot find that model of a cable box so I cannot connect/control the cable channels through the xbox....what can I do? The auto search mode sends a signal but it does not connect with the cable box. So
    I answer no. the system then tells me it has identified my box.....but it does not work.

:)

MaizeJuffowup15, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Xbox One and Virgin Media Samsung SMT-C700 Tivo Box *Limited Functionaltiy*

The xbox one does not support the dvr function of cable boxes as of now but a lot of people are asking for this function and hopefully it will come with a future update. Until then you'll have to use the remote that controls your cable box.

MaximumExtreme, Jan 1, 2014
  3. PEN1TENT MAN
    PEN1TENT MAN Guest
    XB1 doesn't play nice with my cable box (Samsung SMTH3270)

Once the cable box is passed thru the xbox one's hdmi-in port, the cable box ceases to function properly. It won't change channels via any input thru xbox
    and the cable box's own remote stops being able to control the cable box. Eventually, the cable box freezes up and I have to reboot. Rebooting cable box and/or xbox doesn't seem to solve the issue. Please help, I'd like to use TV thru
    my Xbox One!

Cable provider: Time Warner

Cable Box: Samsung SMT-H3270

PEN1TENT MAN, Jan 1, 2014
  4. MaximumExtreme Win User

Xbox One and Virgin Media Samsung SMT-C700 Tivo Box *Limited Functionaltiy*

The xbox one does not support the dvr function of cable boxes as of now but a lot of people are asking for this function and hopefully it will come with a future update. Until then you'll have to use the remote that controls your cable box.
  5. Windows10XboxOne Win User

X1 Platform/Xbox One Set Up

To get the TV feature to function properly you need run the automatic setup and identify your cable service provider,
    the manufacturer of your cable-box/satellite receiver, and also
    make sure that there is no interference blocking the infrared signal between your Kinect 2.0 and your set-top box/receiver.

So for example in the automatic setup I entered:

My internet and cable service is Verizon Fios

My cable box receiver is made by Motorola

On my first attempt I couldn't get everything to function properly, even after I entered correct information, until I re-positioned my Kinect sensor.
  6. homey1963 Win User

No TV Through Charter Cable/Motorola box

All's well - turns out the HDMI on the cable box was bad - switched out the cable box with Charter and now works great. Really impressed with the Xbox One functionality - great product.
  7. Daniel6591 Win User

CABLE BOX REQUIRED TO PLAY XBOX ONE?

Um, no. A cable box will NOT be required in order for the xbox one to function. It is only required if you want to use the tv functions, which is honestly a no brainer.
  8. Foxidize Win User

Xbox360 S won't turn on but makes beep sound

I'm assuming you are conncting through HDMI? If so, check the connection of that cable, and try again. Try using a different cable. Are you connecting to a TV or a PC monitor?

-

If you are not connecting through HDMI, make sure ALL video/audio connections are fully connected.

-

Fox
Thema:

Conncting the cable box and getting it to function

1. Conncting the cable box and getting it to function - Similar Threads - Conncting cable box

2. Ethernet cable disconnects me from Xbox live

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Ethernet cable disconnects me from Xbox live: Ethernet cable disconnects me from Xbox live Last week i was xbox live and i was disconnected randomly. I restarted the router and xbox. That didnt fix it, so i started messing with the ethernet...
  3. Hardware support xbox serviced and came back without controller or power cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hardware support xbox serviced and came back without controller or power cable: I sent my xbox to get serviced in Texas and I sent it with a controller and power cable just in case they needed it. I was saddened to realise that now that my xbox came back from being serviced...
  4. Do you need to pack the cables and controller that came with your console when sending in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do you need to pack the cables and controller that came with your console when sending in...: Not sure if I need to pack all that stuff or if I only need to put the console in. 006eeb2a-6b0b-4493-8965-1a5f128aa15e
  5. Power cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power cable: Im in the Uk and my plug for my xbox one s has broken and i am unsure of how many amps the new cable should be, does anyone know? af2cf11b-f36c-4381-94ed-635acfd1e58e
  6. Xbox One X optical cable problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X optical cable problem: I need help with Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. I use a optical cable. The same one I used with my 360 in the past and my ps4. Recently I bought a xbox one x (cyberpunk edition) Really like...
  7. XBOX ONE S Power Cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S Power Cable: Hello community, I want to buy a new power cable for my XBOX ONE S, Whats are the right specs because I don't want to ruin the whole thing. Thanks. 617e272b-7bf0-4359-93f7-850b9db554af
  8. Hdmi cable affecting WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi cable affecting WiFi: Hi, I have an issue with my xbox one x, if I try using a cable over 2m in length then the console will not connect to Wi-Fi. When you search for networks it always finds those available but will...
  9. controller does not work with cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller does not work with cable: Hello, My controller worked on the PC via USB cable. But after I connected it via bluetooth to the mobile phone, the PC no longer recognizes the device. The controller trembles and the light...
  10. I canr connct to xbox live but i can connect on my phone & lap top?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I canr connct to xbox live but i can connect on my phone & lap top?: So, I just got this new modem & its a netgear wndr4300. My xbox wont connect to the router & suggestions on what maybe wrong? a4bdf633-bdfa-403b-b2b3-8212c12caf8e