connect controller to surface pro

Discus and support connect controller to surface pro in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I'm unable to connect my Bluetooth controller to my surface pro. Can anyone help? b3dcfefb-d8ae-4c27-ae8f-fb9e308a2388 Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Anthonyridgway1, Mar 8, 2019.

1. connect controller to surface pro

I'm unable to connect my Bluetooth controller to my surface pro. Can anyone help?

:)

Anthonyridgway1, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Arminator Win User

What Windows version is running on your Surface Pro?

For Bluetooth connections to a Xbox One controller you need at least Windows 10 Version 1709 (better would be 1809).

You can check the Windows version by typing "Windowskey + R" and starting "winver".

Also make sure your controller has the most up-to-date firmware. Connect the controller via a Micro USB cable, and use the Xbox Accessories App to check for the controller firmware.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

4. monkp Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

getting this on a couple of PC's with bluetooth 4.0 (asus usb-bt400 dongle, fyi) on the new s controller

Was not affecting my surface pro 3 running the insider preview build of win10 pro.

Was affecting other ppc running win10 pro on release build.

3rd PC running win 10 home also affected.

tested all 3 with same bluetooth dongle. surface pro not affected and working as expected.

Updated both other machines to the insider preview build 14393.10 and connected everything back up again.

Issue is now only affecting the windows 10 home PC. Suspect that the issue is fixed in 14393.10 for win10 pro, but not home.
  5. icelava Win User

XBox One Elite controller not recognised by Windows 7

As Windows 7 is not fully compatible with the controller you may run into issues even with the drivers installed.
    Well so far the controller works (all buttons register). Of course, I first had to connect it to my Windows 10 laptop (Surface Pro 4) to configure it via the Xbox accessories app.
  6. Mister Getafix Win User

XBox One Elite controller not recognised by Windows 7

As Windows 7 is not fully compatible with the controller you may run into issues even with the drivers installed.

Well so far the controller works (all buttons register). Of course, I first had to connect it to my Windows 10 laptop (Surface Pro 4) to configure it via the Xbox accessories app.
    Happy to hear that workaround seems to help out!
Thema:

1. connect controller to surface pro - Similar Threads - connect controller surface

2. XBox One Controller won't connect to PC

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox One Controller won't connect to PC: So I just bought a brand new XBox One controller. From how it looks I can tell it has Bluetooth built-in but I DON'T want to use BT I am using a USB charging cable. Enough radiation already lol....
  3. Xbox One Controller Won't Connect via Bluetooth to PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller Won't Connect via Bluetooth to PC: Hi I'm using the new bluetooth model Xbox One controller but it won't connect via Bluetooth to my PC. It was working for me for quite a while and one day it lost sync, when I tried to resync it...
  4. Xbox 360 Controller to PC Connection???

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Controller to PC Connection???: I have attempted to plug in my Xbox 360 controller into my PC. However, the system says, "Unkown Device: Driver is Unavailable". I have 4 ports on my PC for USB and all result in the same message...
  5. Accessories App not available and Elite controller not working properly (connected via USB)

in XBoX on Windows
    Accessories App not available and Elite controller not working properly (connected via USB): Hello, Accessories app is not available in windows store and i can't use the Elite controller because of it (detected as normal xbox controller), [img] Can you please help, Thanks...
  6. Controller verbindet sich nicht [Translation-Controller doesn't connect]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller verbindet sich nicht [Translation-Controller doesn't connect]: Hallo zusammen, ich habe seit einigen Wochen folgendes Problem... immer wenn meine Xbox im standby modus ist verbindet sich mein Controller nicht mehr mit der Xbox. Damit es funktioniert muss...
  7. Xbox wireless controller can't connect to PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox wireless controller can't connect to PC: I've had my Xbox wireless controller for more than a year. I used it yesterday and it worked perfectly. Today I can't connect it to my PC. When I press the Xbox button on it, the light just flash,...
  8. Comment connecter sa manette élite sur son téléphone ?[How to connect your elite controller...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Comment connecter sa manette élite sur son téléphone ?[How to connect your elite controller...: J'essaie de connecter ma manette elite elite sur mon téléphone qui est un OnePlus 5T par bluetooth mais il ne la détecte pas [Translation - I try to connect my elite elite controller to my phone...
  9. Collegamento dispositivi comandi remoti [Translate] Remote control device Connection

in XBoX Accessibility
    Collegamento dispositivi comandi remoti [Translate] Remote control device Connection: Salve, non riesco a collegare la xboxone al mio tv sharp modello LC 55cuf8462es. Mi sapreste aiutare in qualche modo? Vorrei poter accendere e apegnere sia tv che soundbar appena avvio o spengo...
  10. Xbox One Wireless Controller Cannot Connect via Bluetooth to Surface Pro 4 (with Win10 ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Cannot Connect via Bluetooth to Surface Pro 4 (with Win10 ...: Note: after 2+ hours in chat with the Xbox Technical Support Team, they asked that I document this issue in these forums, so here it is. It's very detailed so the Technical Teams working on Xbox...