connect controller to surface pro

Discus and support connect controller to surface pro in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I'm unable to connect my Bluetooth controller to my surface pro. Can anyone help? b3dcfefb-d8ae-4c27-ae8f-fb9e308a2388 Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Anthonyridgway1, Mar 8, 2019.

1. connect controller to surface pro

I'm unable to connect my Bluetooth controller to my surface pro. Can anyone help?

:)

Anthonyridgway1, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Arminator Win User

What Windows version is running on your Surface Pro?

For Bluetooth connections to a Xbox One controller you need at least Windows 10 Version 1709 (better would be 1809).

You can check the Windows version by typing "Windowskey + R" and starting "winver".

Also make sure your controller has the most up-to-date firmware. Connect the controller via a Micro USB cable, and use the Xbox Accessories App to check for the controller firmware.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

4. monkp Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

getting this on a couple of PC's with bluetooth 4.0 (asus usb-bt400 dongle, fyi) on the new s controller

Was not affecting my surface pro 3 running the insider preview build of win10 pro.

Was affecting other ppc running win10 pro on release build.

3rd PC running win 10 home also affected.

tested all 3 with same bluetooth dongle. surface pro not affected and working as expected.

Updated both other machines to the insider preview build 14393.10 and connected everything back up again.

Issue is now only affecting the windows 10 home PC. Suspect that the issue is fixed in 14393.10 for win10 pro, but not home.
  5. icelava Win User

XBox One Elite controller not recognised by Windows 7

As Windows 7 is not fully compatible with the controller you may run into issues even with the drivers installed.
    Well so far the controller works (all buttons register). Of course, I first had to connect it to my Windows 10 laptop (Surface Pro 4) to configure it via the Xbox accessories app.
  6. Mister Getafix Win User

XBox One Elite controller not recognised by Windows 7

As Windows 7 is not fully compatible with the controller you may run into issues even with the drivers installed.

Well so far the controller works (all buttons register). Of course, I first had to connect it to my Windows 10 laptop (Surface Pro 4) to configure it via the Xbox accessories app.
    Happy to hear that workaround seems to help out!
Thema:

1. connect controller to surface pro - Similar Threads - connect controller surface

2. Xbox one controller not responding while connected and on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller not responding while connected and on: So this is a bit of a weird issue that I have been experiencing for a couple days now, the two xbox one controllers I have are in good condition and for a long while had no problems well now they...
  3. Xbox one controller connected but buttons don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller connected but buttons don't work: Hi all, On the oil rig where i work at we have an Xbox for a while but all the controllers and games got stolen. so i bought 2 new controllers and some games for the crew. now I've connected...
  4. Xbox one won't allow controller connections

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't allow controller connections: Hi, my xbox one is having problems connecting controllers to it. It doesnt allow wireless connections at all. Whereas it does kind of work with a usb connection but only with one certain cable...
  5. WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC: Title. I have the new adapter. The USB port is powered, and Settings recognizes that I have an Xbox wireless controller installed. I can remove but not update that, so I assume the driver is...
  6. Xbox One controller not working despite being connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller not working despite being connected: So, on the Xbox one, my wireless controller connects to the xbox (light stays on) but none of the buttons or control sticks work. Even when the controller is wired in it still does not work....
  7. Xbox won’t connect to controller or TV

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox won’t connect to controller or TV: My xbox was working fine an hour ago and now when i turn it on it boots up and everything but wont respond to my controller. Also, my TV says no connection. I asked my friends if i show up online...
  8. Xbox doesn't connect to my PC, missing controller driver in the device manager

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox doesn't connect to my PC, missing controller driver in the device manager: Recently my Xbox controller stopped connecting to my PC. I tried connecting it to all the USB ports via an USB cable, but it didn't work. I checked the device manager, the Xbox controller driver...
  9. Can you connect this Xbox 360 controller to a PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you connect this Xbox 360 controller to a PC?: I'm trying to connect this Xbox 360 controller to my PC (Windows 10) but it doesn't seem to work. My other controller is also wired and works fine. I am a bit of a noob at this sort of stuff so...
  10. Xbox One Wireless Controller Cannot Connect via Bluetooth to Surface Pro 4 (with Win10 ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Cannot Connect via Bluetooth to Surface Pro 4 (with Win10 ...: Note: after 2+ hours in chat with the Xbox Technical Support Team, they asked that I document this issue in these forums, so here it is. It's very detailed so the Technical Teams working on Xbox...