connect my xbox to another wifi network

Discus and support connect my xbox to another wifi network in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; connect my xbox to another wifi network Hey Ricracrok Because of the way Open Networks work like BT FON its basicly a public network that needs a log... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Ricracrok, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Ricracrok
    Ricracrok Guest

Hey Ricracrok

Because of the way Open Networks work like BT FON its basicly a public network that needs a log in and the xbox cant handle that.

What you need to do is connect your xbox to a PC or Laptop with a enthernet cable. Set the Network up on the PC and share the network with your console in Network Setting. This guide will talk you though those steps

Connect Xbox One to Xbox Live Without a Router

I have done this with my xbox one and BT Fon in the past so can confrim it does work

:)

Ricracrok, Oct 16, 2016
  2. Marcy-Marc
    Marcy-Marc Guest
    wifi issues

So recently my xbox one has not been able to connect to my wifi network. It has before in the past and one day up and stopped working. I've called xbox customer support and went through troubleshoot steps with them but so far they have not helped. The wifi network shows up but whenever i try to test the network connection i get an error message that says 'cannot get an IP address'. I tried a wired connection and that works but i am not able to keep it wired all the time. If anyone might have a solution please help!

Marcy-Marc, Oct 16, 2016
  3. Can't get smartglass to connect

I figured it out for me and hopefully it will help someone else. It was 2 things. One I had the old IOS app, downloaded the new one. Two my wireless network beams a 2.4 GHZ and 5GHZ channel. My phone was on the 2.4 and the Xbox was connected to the 5GHZ channel. I connected my phone to the 5GHZ channel wifi and now all is bueno.

deanthemachine5, Oct 16, 2016
  4. Paul1708
    Paul1708 Guest

Hey Ricracrok

Because of the way Open Networks work like BT FON its basicly a public network that needs a log in and the xbox cant handle that.

What you need to do is connect your xbox to a PC or Laptop with a enthernet cable. Set the Network up on the PC and share the network with your console in Network Setting. This guide will talk you though those steps

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/connect-live-using-pc

I have done this with my xbox one and BT Fon in the past so can confrim it does work

Paul1708, Oct 16, 2016
  5. Paul1708 Win User

Hey Ricracrok

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/connect-live-using-pc

6. Firsmarin Win User

Could my Xbox be causing my lag...?

1. Your xbox - network connection wifi or lan? (if wifi then try lan and look if it resovle the problem)

2. Do you have another devices conected to network in the same time as your xbox (like pc, your mobile phone etc)?

(try to shut it down and look what happens if you xbox is the only device on internet. I speak from personal experience

When I am on xbox wifi and have my pc lan connected - then it slows my xbox down)
  7. Bazajaytee Win User

Smartglass won't connect to Xbox One

Is your Phone/Surface connected to the same router that your Xbox One is connected to either by wifi or network cable? Or is your Xbox One connected to another router/modem to the one your phone/Surface is on?
  8. REN AERO Win User
  9. unkinden Win User

Error C00D07C9

On my Windows7 Network and Sharing Center already set Home network, but zune still don`t connect to phone by wifi. Firewall disabled, home network set, wifi is working, zune shows up correct wifi ssid connected, but when i try to connect my phone Error
    C00D07C9 appears.
Thema:

1. connect my xbox to another wifi network - Similar Threads - connect another wifi

2. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Changing my pricvacy settings to be able to connect to another wifi

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: Changing my pricvacy settings to be able to connect to another wifi: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Changing my pricvacy settings to be able to connect to another wifi I was trying to connect to the wifi at another location, and it said I need to check my privacy...
  3. Connectivity problems on one PC but not another

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Connectivity problems on one PC but not another: I was having problems with games shutting down abruptly on one PC using Windows 10. So, I tried some of the suggested fixes such as uninstalling and reinstalling the games. They didn't help....
  4. Another Server Connection Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Another Server Connection Error: I am having the same connection problems. I have no updates to be installed. Everything is up to date. I did manage to sign in once into Bingo, and it didn't show any of my friends. I than logged...
  5. Connecting Xbox One to another TV shows a blue screen on the TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting Xbox One to another TV shows a blue screen on the TV: Hey there, I am trying to connect my Xbox One to another TV but it does not seem to work. The TV shows a blue screen (guess no signal). I know the TV is running in 1080i but my previous setting...
  6. Is it possible to play head to head with another Xbox One without an internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play head to head with another Xbox One without an internet connection?: My family camps quite a bit in areas without any cell phone service or internet connection. We want to play multiplayer games in our RV with two Xbox One consoles. Is this possible? Thank you in...
  7. Controller will connect to another xbox 360 but not my own.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller will connect to another xbox 360 but not my own.: Its not the batteries, it connected fine to my boyfriends xbox 360, but his controller wont connect either. Can anyone explain what the issue is because it is obviously the console....
  8. Xbox One says it is connected to wifi and that my live subscription is active for another 10 ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One says it is connected to wifi and that my live subscription is active for another 10 ...: My xbox one is currently stuck on the home screen, allowing me to access settings, profiles, and other internet-powered features of the home screen tab on the Xbox One. However, although it...
  9. Connection problems between me/another player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problems between me/another player: Hi guys, So to out it briefly, me and my friend are trying to play Terraria. So we join together in a party and she hosts a game for us, and all works well for about an hour. After that, the...
  10. Another live connection problem with no internet issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Another live connection problem with no internet issues: While playing ESO tonight, I got booted to the main screen. Lost connection with servers. It happens frequently enough that I paid no mind. Except this time is different. I couldn't log back in. I...