Connect xbox as extender (538 error)

Discus and support Connect xbox as extender (538 error) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everybody, Recently I tried to connect my xbox 360 as extender to my windows 7. I thought it is an easy task, but I released that it is not. In... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gosia2011, Apr 1, 2014.

1. gosia2011
    gosia2011 Guest

Hello everybody,

Recently I tried to connect my xbox 360 as extender to my windows 7. I thought it is an easy task, but I released that it is not.

In windows event viewer I see error 538 which points to problem with UPnP.

Of cource first thing I done was google the problem but none of replies solve my one. I tried on two different routers (with UPnP enabled/disabled). When UPnP is enabled in UPnP device list I see my XBOX and port 3047 (or something like that). My Xbox and
    laptop is connected to the same network.

Things I tried:

- enabling/disabling windows firewall (I do not have other)

- changing services (SSDP,RPC,etc...) to start automaticly, then enabling/disabling them

- changing router

- setting static IP on xbox/laptop

- enabling/disabling UPnP on router

I will be gratefulfor any advice/help.

Thanks

:)

gosia2011, Apr 1, 2014
  2. samsona4151
    samsona4151 Guest
    WMC Extender Fails

PC: Win 7 Premium part of a AD domain.

Router: AEBS configured for NAT-PMP for ports 88 and 3704

Xbox 360+Kinect: Updated with latest bits yesterday.

While adding extender in WMC Windows event ID 538 is generated with error "......extender was found in the network but the UPnP search for extender failed...."

Pretty much looked around for a solution but nothing helped yet.

Let me know if domain membership is causing the issue.

Thanks

samsona4151, Apr 1, 2014
  3. connecting to computer using ethernet cable.

The Error is 538. I have already tried some solutions for this error on internet but no luck.

SmellierPilot58, Apr 1, 2014
  4. SmellierPilot58 Win User

connecting to computer using ethernet cable.

The Error is 538. I have already tried some solutions for this error on internet but no luck.
  5. darkist1 Win User

Connect Xbox one by Ethernet cable

Its also possible to get a wifi extender, that has network ports on it, and connect the extender to your router, then the extender via hardwire to your xbox.
  6. Unreal Warfare Win User

MS Store already posting charges?

Even at $538 you still get it $160 cheaper than what we do. It works out as the price of a PS4 over here, lol.
  7. TBTabby Win User

Opening ports for Titanfall

By which I mean, My XBox One is connected to the extender, The address worked, and I forwarded the ports to the extender. Still nothing.
  8. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

Forza Horizon 4 ?

Hi timbark-jones,

You can drive all 538 roads in the game lvl doesn't matter but do you mean the fortune island dlc roads?
Thema:

1. Connect xbox as extender (538 error) - Similar Threads - Connect extender 538

2. Netgear: Netgear 6110 extender doesn't connect to Multiplayer on Xbox one s

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Netgear: Netgear 6110 extender doesn't connect to Multiplayer on Xbox one s: Netgear (Modems/Gateways): Netgear 6110 extender doesn't connect to Multiplayer on Xbox one s Hi , The extender is pretty basic. Plug it into the power and turn it on essentially.. I have set a...
  3. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Xbox connection

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Xbox connection: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Xbox connection Hi Tae, Is this error coming up on an Xbox one? Would you be able to clarify any steps done to troubleshoot this 'DCHCP' error. I would...
  4. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Wi-Fi Connection Problems

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Wi-Fi Connection Problems: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Wi-Fi Connection Problems I am sure that other people have had a similar problem to this, so hoping that there is a fix out there please. So, firstly my Xbox...
  5. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: My Xbox isn't connecting to my network

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: My Xbox isn't connecting to my network: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: My Xbox isn't connecting to my network My xbox say the same . How do you fix it ? 471ce277-503e-4d39-a253-d4c9efdd7048
  6. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: no wifi connection

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: no wifi connection: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: no wifi connection That is happening to me as well. Did you find out how to fix it? e5c45893-f855-42b3-91ac-d5781ec61e94
  7. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: My internet will not connect to my xbox

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: My internet will not connect to my xbox: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: My internet will not connect to my xbox my xbox will not connect to my internet and i have spectrum so i do not know what to do please answer...
  8. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: I can't connect the internet via Wi-Fi or cable

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: I can't connect the internet via Wi-Fi or cable: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: I can't connect the internet via Wi-Fi or cable I have a problem with my console I can't connect to the internet by using Wi-Fi or cable both of this it's not...
  9. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: connect Xbox One S to a network Hard disk

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: connect Xbox One S to a network Hard disk: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: connect Xbox One S to a network Hard disk Hello You need to use a USB 3 external drive plugged directly into the Xbox. There is no facility to use a network...
  10. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: why can't my xbox one connect to my wireless booster

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: why can't my xbox one connect to my wireless booster: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: why can't my xbox one connect to my wireless booster Why can't my xbox one connect with my range extender when it shows up on my xbox with a good signal? It is...