Connected by ethernet cable no live

Discus and support Connected by ethernet cable no live in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm connected to my router by ethernet cable, it worked fine last night. But when I booted up today I couldn't connect to live therefore can't play any... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Desosage1, Jan 10, 2022.

1. /u/Desosage1
    /u/Desosage1 Guest

I'm connected to my router by ethernet cable, it worked fine last night. But when I booted up today I couldn't connect to live therefore can't play any of my games. Even fortnite which doesn't require live. My phones and other devices work on the wifi. It just didn't have any access to services that required connection. Yet the console showed I have internet connection

submitted by /u/Desosage1
    [link] [comments]

/u/Desosage1, Jan 10, 2022
  2. Cokney Charmer Win User

hdmi with ethernet not compatible with xbox?

if you are using a slim and it detects an ethernet cable connected it makes it the default connection and looks to that for connection to LIVE..you might want to search the support pages to see if you can use the wireless with an ethernet cable plugged it
  3. Ronald :3 Win User

Ethernet Connection Between XBox One & PC Causing Issues..........

If you plug in an Ethernet cable to your PC, the WiFi connection will stop on your PC because it should only be using the Ethernet connection. The only reason that I can think of for WiFi connecting and dropping is a problem with your Ethernet cable. If
    changing the Ethernet cable doesn't work,
    support.xbox.com/.../connect-live-using-pc
    try looking at that link to see if it can help you with your shared connection setup. Sorry I can't be of my help.
  4. Arminator Win User

New Internet Provider, New Problems Connecting To Live

To quote from the Source page taidara posted above: "Short-Term Workaround: An Xbox 360 can be connected to the wireless gateway via an Ethernet cable."

So simply use an ethernet cable, and you'll be able to connect to LIVE.
  5. Auswulf Win User

Xbox to my Computer with only USB ports?

No but you can connect it via Ethernet cable with a cross over cable or with standard Ethernet cables with a router or Ethernet switch. The other way is connect it to your wifi.
  6. taidara Win User

My xbox one s disconnects from the wifi by it self

To determine if your Xbox can sustain connectivity to Xbox Live, please connect your Xbox with an Ethernet cable.
Thema:

1. Connected by ethernet cable no live - Similar Threads - Connected ethernet cable

2. To connect to WIFI must remove ethernet cable ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    To connect to WIFI must remove ethernet cable ?: "You chose a wireless connection but there is a network cable plugged" With most all devices connecting to Wi-Fi does not require disconnecting of the Ethernet cable. Why does the Xbox Series X...
  3. : R9000 Netgear router slow download and upload while connected with ethernet. cat 6a cable

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : R9000 Netgear router slow download and upload while connected with ethernet. cat 6a cable: : R9000 Netgear router (didn't have the option to pick so picked R7000) slow download and upload while connected with ethernet. cat 6a cable Hello there @sleepshooter, I hope everything is going...
  4. Xbox One connection awful without Ethernet cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One connection awful without Ethernet cable: Hey guys. About a week and a half ago, my sister's Xbox One started getting awful wireless connectivity issues. It began with her getting signed out of her account and, when trying to sign back...
  5. Xbox won’t connect with wired Ethernet cable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t connect with wired Ethernet cable?: Hi, my xbox series s console keeps disconnecting from my internet every 10 seconds, im using a wired connection and just wont stay connected for more than 10 seconds, theres nothing wrong with the...
  6. Streaming my Xbox One to PC won't work while connected with an ethernet cable to the same...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming my Xbox One to PC won't work while connected with an ethernet cable to the same...: The title is very self explanatory. The thing is, streaming from XONE to PC via WiFi works perfectly, a bit unstable, but works. On the other hand, as soon as I connect the ethernet cable thats...
  7. Ethernet cable connection to xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ethernet cable connection to xbox: I’ve tried plugging my ethernet cable into my xbox before and it has worked and not too long ago it has stopped working for my xbox but it isnt the cable that is broken because i have checked it...
  8. Xbox one s cannot connect to internet via ethernet cable after change router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s cannot connect to internet via ethernet cable after change router: Recently I changed the internet provider in my home and got a new router. When the connection was setted up, all the devices (including phones, PCs with diff. OS, TV) in my place had a really good...
  9. Xbox live won’t connect when I plug a Ethernet cable in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live won’t connect when I plug a Ethernet cable in: I moved my xbox one into my room and the wifi is very bad there so I hooked my xbox up to an ethernet cable. My xbox box has very small load times now but xbox live will not connect so I can’t...
  10. D-Link DCM-202: Connect Xbox one by Ethernet cable

in XboX Networking Hardware
    D-Link DCM-202: Connect Xbox one by Ethernet cable: D-Link DCM-202 (Modem): Connect Xbox one by Ethernet cable You could get a wifi repeater that has ethernet ports, and tether that to the router. Never seen a router without ethernet ports...