Connected to Live, but online games won't connect?

Discus and support Connected to Live, but online games won't connect? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having a serious issue with online features in games. I am connected to Xbox Live and when I test the connection it tells me that it's working... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NothingButKnepp, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Connected to Live, but online games won't connect?

I am having a serious issue with online features in games. I am connected to Xbox Live and when I test the connection it tells me that it's working great. Netflix runs and streams shows without a problem. But both Titanfall and COD Ghosts are both telling
    me that I need an internet connection to play online. How am I connected but not connected at the same time? I've tried power cycling the xbox, resetting the internet, uninstalling and reinstalling games, opening ports for the games...and nothing. Please help.

:)

NothingButKnepp, Mar 15, 2014
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Xbox live accounts and family accounts

Yes. You can still be connected to Live as a Free member, they just won't be able to play online. But they can still get game updates and everything else on Live.

Smwutches, Mar 15, 2014
  3. connected to online but won't connect to the internet

Yesterday I had a problem with signing into xbox live. It said that I was connected to the internet but I had a button to the right saying that I needed to connect to xbox live. Clicking that 100 times did not do anything. I tried to do the hard reset 5
    times. That did nothing. I attempted a factory reset, everything seemed to go ok until I reached the update tab. Now I have the screen that says "There was a problem with your update- you need this update to use your console, but something went wrong"Is there
    anything I can do to fix this or do I have to buy another one or is this fixable ?

HistoryFreak204, Mar 15, 2014
  4. DavidJungpa
    DavidJungpa Guest

Some questions:

1. Are you using an alternative MAC address?

2. Are you connected over wifi?

If yes, try removing alternative MAC first. There is a bug with the Feb update that breaks using an alternative MAC over wifi when connecting to games but leaves everything else intact. I was attempting to connect x1 over wifi at a hotel and ran into this
    problem. I corrected by removing the alternative MAC address.

DavidJungpa, Mar 16, 2014
Thema:

1. Connected to Live, but online games won't connect? - Similar Threads - Connected Live online

2. I can't play any online game even though I'm connect to Xbox live xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play any online game even though I'm connect to Xbox live xbox one: I cant play any online game NO ITS NOT A CONNECTION ISSUE every time i load up a game it wont let me play online titanfall two said "Your profile is not permitted to play online" or something like...
  3. connect to xbox live impossible and i can't play online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    connect to xbox live impossible and i can't play online: hello, i bought minecraft bedrock edition a few days ago and when i try to connect to xbox live to play online, he tells me that an error has occurred and so it is impossible to play at minecraft...
  4. xbox not loading any online game but is connected to internet and xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox not loading any online game but is connected to internet and xbox live: so i was trying to play a game when the error code saying you cant play online games showed up i didnt think it was anything then i went to r6s and that couldnt connect to servers nor could...
  5. why does it say cant connect to xbox live yet all my frineds are playing online

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does it say cant connect to xbox live yet all my frineds are playing online: why cant i get on live my wife is sharing live with me and it says live is down but all my friends are online. a0b50a0d-0cfb-4089-90ef-0ec7b2132fe9
  6. Cannot connect to Xbox Live or play online

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live or play online: Split from this thread. Im having the same issue my internet is fine i have gold membership but cant connect or play online b76a8d10-28b5-479a-a2ae-38d1438089c6
  7. Xbox One Console Wont Connect To Xbox Live Gold Subscription & Online Games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Console Wont Connect To Xbox Live Gold Subscription & Online Games: Hi there. Hope someone can help. Got onto Xbox One console and tried to log into online game Fortnite. Will not connect to any online games and get screen message “Get Gold Subscription”. Not...
  8. All services are available yet cannot connect to xbox live or any online area (i.e. Microsoft ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    All services are available yet cannot connect to xbox live or any online area (i.e. Microsoft ...: I've never had an issue with my Xbox One. Today, I logged in and my network connection is fine but when I went to play NBA 2K18, it would not allow me to connect to Xbox Live. I then attempted...
  9. Connected to live but can't load online games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Connected to live but can't load online games: Okay so I'm connected to live and can do everything else online bar play online games can anyone help me fix this? d83ec469-8289-4371-8fcd-030b8174e722
  10. XBOX LIVE ONLINE CONNECTION

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX LIVE ONLINE CONNECTION: Does anybody have a clue when the system will be back up and working. I'm still not able to play black ops multiplayer online. Keeps saying I have to login and I'm logged in . 8007007a...