Connected to my wireless WiFi but anytime I try to open anything it says no internet ...

Discus and support Connected to my wireless WiFi but anytime I try to open anything it says no internet ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since I've owned my Xbox One I've had no internet connection issues. It connected straight to my Wifi last time and worked ever since. Well yesterday... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BigBongTheory90, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Connected to my wireless WiFi but anytime I try to open anything it says no internet ...

Since I've owned my Xbox One I've had no internet connection issues. It
    connected
    straight to my Wifi last time and worked ever since. Well yesterday I had to get a new router. Now when I connect the xbox to the Wifi it successfully connects, yet any time I open ANYTHING it
    says no internet connection. I've tried power cycling, unplugging power box and even clearing the MAC address. I'm at a loss. Also, the wifi works perfectly fine on my phone, tablet and PC so it's obviously not a router issue. Please help. NOT
    HAVING MY SYSTEM IS KILLING ME!

:)

BigBongTheory90, Oct 28, 2014
  2. Tyudoh
    Tyudoh Guest
    Saying I am not connected to the internet but it really is

I have a Windows 10 and the Xbox app anytime I try to sign on with my own account it says it is not connected to the internet but it really is. I have a great connection to wifi so that makes no sense. If anyone could help it would be great thanks.

Tyudoh, Oct 28, 2014
  3. Its Stonus
    Its Stonus Guest
    Check internet connection

all tests come back saying I'm connected to the Internet. But anytime I try to do anything it says check your Internet connection. This page not available off-line refresh now does nothing

Its Stonus, Oct 28, 2014
  4. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest

Connected to my wireless WiFi but anytime I try to open anything it says no internet ...

Would you give us some more information please?

1. What router are you using?

2. Is the IP provided by the router or is it configured manually?

3. If configured manually, have you reconfigured it for the new router?

4. Are you receiving any error codes?

5. How is your NAT status?

6. Areyou having any portforwardings configured?

7. Is UPnp enabled?

8. Arethere maybe any traffic restrictions configured in your router?

BobMcFly247, Oct 29, 2014
  5. CrazyKriztov
    CrazyKriztov Guest
    I am having the same issue

CrazyKriztov, Oct 29, 2014
  6. CrazyKriztov
    CrazyKriztov Guest
    I've just unplugged my skylanders portal and bam, fixed.

CrazyKriztov, Oct 29, 2014
  7. Comcast router. IP address is provided. No error codes. NAT is open. Don't know what 6&7 mean. And no restrictions.

- it says checking service status on the network page.

BigBongTheory90, Oct 29, 2014
  8. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest

Ok, if your NAT is open them 6 and 7 should not be relevant.

"Checking service status" is a message that's saying your Xbox is trying to check the status of the xbl network. It's this message permanent?

What happens if you perform the multiplayer connection test?

Is there a possibility to check out a wired connection?

BobMcFly247, Oct 29, 2014
  9. No "checking service status" is not permanent. After awhile it says service info is unavailable. When I test multiplayer connection it says my network isn't set up, even though it said It was when I tested network connection. And no, there is no way to wire
    connect.

BigBongTheory90, Oct 30, 2014
  10. Since the wifi works fine on all the phones, tabs & computer is it say to say the xbox is causing the issue?

BigBongTheory90, Oct 30, 2014
  11. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest
    Would you pse go to network / detailed network settings and check the ip addresses and dns server addresses if they are set up properly? The ip adress should not start with 169.x.x.x, same with the dns server address. The gateway address must be the ip adress
    of your router.

You may also try to check this connection troubleshooting guide, if it provides any solution working for you:

support.xbox.com/.../network-connection-error-solution

Also I'd like to ask again for your router model. what brand and model is it? Afaik comcast is just the provider and normally not the manufacturer of your router. So as we know of some routers (f. e. Arris) causing issues especially when connected wireless
    this is an important information. You may also pse check if your router uses the latest firmware.

BobMcFly247, Oct 30, 2014
  12. WIREMONKEY
    WIREMONKEY Guest
    I to am having this problem -- my xbox one is connected to the internet as I can watch trailers and see friends, but when I try and launch any game, I'm told that "no internet connection is detected" -- and then, when I go to my network settings, I can clearly
    see "It's all good, you are connected to the internet."

Strange thing however -- there at the network page -- is there is no longer a listing showing my NAT -- nothing is where it should be -- below where the NAT rating would normally appear, it does says, "all services are available."

Crazy.

These things as they are, if I then run, "test multilayer connection" -- I get, "Can't get a Teredo IP address" -- from there, if I check "Detailed network statistics" -- the NAT details states, "your network is behind a firewall (or not connected)".

What's very strange about all this is that my wife and I -- we have two xbox one councils -- have been playing together on this same wireless set up since the new box came out -- and her machine can still play online fine (though her NAT is always moderate).

The router is an Actiontec M1424WR -- and until last night, it's been able to handle us both playing online with chat.

As of this morning, I have done every trouble shooting suggestion I've been able to find -- all of which have involved changes and/or adjustments to the router via the internet.

I've set all firewall setting to the lowest allowed.

I've worked through all trouble shooting suggestions from xbox related to the Teredo IP address deal.

I have prompted the actual router device to factory reset -- which effected no change.

With regards to opening ports -- triggering ports -- etc. I have tried everything I could -- however -- there is a lot of conflicting information out there -- so at the end of the day, basically returned the settings to what they've been in the past.

As is always the case with issues such as this, I've worked hard to remain relaxed and be methodical -- however, I'm running out of ideas -- other then to go out an buy a new router/gateway -- which I'd be interested in doing if I know it would service both
    boxes at ones -- if anyone has a suggestion on that question, I'd be keen to get any suggestions.

My provider is Verizon Fios.

Any help on any of this would be greatly appreciated -- we are avid gamers and truly enjoy the xbox one and all it has to offer, but I can't even think of anything more to try.

Thank you.

WIREMONKEY, Nov 1, 2014
  13. taidara
    taidara Guest

Greetings WIREMONKEY!

If you haven't already, please go ahead and start a new thread, along with a detailed description of your situation. Include any troubleshooting steps you have tried so far.

To save yourself some time, please read:
    forums.xbox.com/.../1621667.aspx
    And post back in full detail (scroll down for the questions in bold).

Thanks in advance!

taidara, Nov 1, 2014
  14. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest
    In addition to my friend taidara you need to know that if your Teredo problem came out of nowhere the only working solution known yet is to reset the Xbox one (not the router) back to factory settings. We had several cases like yours where this was the only
    solution that has worked so far.

BobMcFly247, Oct 31, 2018
  15. BobMcFly247 Win User

Connected to my wireless WiFi but anytime I try to open anything it says no internet connection!!

Would you pse go to network / detailed network settings and check the ip addresses and dns server addresses if they are set up properly? The ip adress should not start with 169.x.x.x, same with the dns server address. The gateway address must be the ip adress
    of your router.

You may also try to check this connection troubleshooting guide, if it provides any solution working for you:

support.xbox.com/.../network-connection-error-solution

Also I'd like to ask again for your router model. what brand and model is it? Afaik comcast is just the provider and normally not the manufacturer of your router. So as we know of some routers (f. e. Arris) causing issues especially when connected wireless
    this is an important information. You may also pse check if your router uses the latest firmware.
  16. BobMcFly247 Win User

Connected to my wireless WiFi but anytime I try to open anything it says no internet connection!!

Ok, if your NAT is open them 6 and 7 should not be relevant.

"Checking service status" is a message that's saying your Xbox is trying to check the status of the xbl network. It's this message permanent?

What happens if you perform the multiplayer connection test?

Is there a possibility to check out a wired connection?
  17. BigBongTheory90 Win User

Comcast router. IP address is provided. No error codes. NAT is open. Don't know what 6&7 mean. And no restrictions.

- it says checking service status on the network page.
  18. CrazyKriztov Win User

I am having the same issue
  19. BobMcFly247 Win User

Would you give us some more information please?

1. What router are you using?

2. Is the IP provided by the router or is it configured manually?

3. If configured manually, have you reconfigured it for the new router?

4. Are you receiving any error codes?

5. How is your NAT status?

6. Areyou having any portforwardings configured?

7. Is UPnp enabled?

8. Arethere maybe any traffic restrictions configured in your router?
Thema:

1. Connected to my wireless WiFi but anytime I try to open anything it says no internet ... - Similar Threads - Connected wireless WiFi

2. Can't connect to wireless wifi on my xbox one s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't connect to wireless wifi on my xbox one s: My xbox randomly stopped working with wifi and I don't know what happened. I looked through all the settings and everything and the only problem I noticed was that my xbox was set to the wrong...
  3. Xbox one won’t connect to wireless WIFI (AT&T)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won’t connect to wireless WIFI (AT&T): Since about April 7th my Xbox One will not connect to my WIFI and it will not allow me to sign in, keeps signing me out. I know this issue is not with AT&T because all my other items connect with...
  4. Can't connect to XBL even though my wireless connection Is connected to my WiFi. PLEASE HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to XBL even though my wireless connection Is connected to my WiFi. PLEASE HELP: My console is connected to my Wireless wifi and still won't connect to XBL. It randomly connects around 7:00 central but other than that it states that it can't retrieve information. I currently...
  5. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Changing my pricvacy settings to be able to connect to another wifi

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: Changing my pricvacy settings to be able to connect to another wifi: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Changing my pricvacy settings to be able to connect to another wifi I was trying to connect to the wifi at another location, and it said I need to check my privacy...
  6. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: no wifi connection

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: no wifi connection: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: no wifi connection That is happening to me as well. Did you find out how to fix it? e5c45893-f855-42b3-91ac-d5781ec61e94
  7. Wireless Gaming Adapters: cant connect to wifi

Wireless Gaming Adapters: cant connect to wifi: Wireless Gaming Adapters: cant connect to wifi just bought a brand new xbox one s. I cant get it to connect to my wireless and the router is in another room so wired is not an option. the router...
  8. No wireless WiFi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    No wireless WiFi connection: so I bought the link one mobile WiFi device and my game console won’t connect to it .it says something about hardware problems with the router or modem but nothing is blocked.can someone help...
  9. WiFi connection to Xbox 360 with wireless adapter at hoteli

in XBoX on Consoles
    WiFi connection to Xbox 360 with wireless adapter at hoteli: I just bought a wireless WiFi adapter for my Xbox 360 and it will not connect to the WiFi at the hotel bc there is a sign in page you have to go to and enter room number etc.. please help...
  10. Xbox one won't connect to wifi neither wired or wireless. Need help fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't connect to wifi neither wired or wireless. Need help fast.: hello, my Xbox one won't connect to my wifi either wirelessly or wired and gives no error code just says NAT type unavailable. It is very frustrating especially since cod ww2 is comin Friday, I am...