Connecting 300gb hdd as internal drive

Discus and support Connecting 300gb hdd as internal drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I have Xbox360 Slim, and I've just connected as 300gb but the xbox doesn't recognize the hdd, (I don't see it in storage settings). is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kingbibi81, May 31, 2014.

1. kingbibi81
    kingbibi81 Guest

Hello

I have Xbox360 Slim, and I've just connected as 300gb

but the xbox doesn't recognize the hdd, (I don't see it in storage settings).

is Microsoft also limiting internal hdd ?

and if so can I bypass it ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

kingbibi81, May 31, 2014
  2. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    Can an external hard drive be the system drive? (Not a flash drive)

No you can't use the external drive as a system drive unfortunately.

Even if you could you still need your internal HDD for cacheing purposes.

Some games can only use the cache on the internal HDD on not on USB system drives.

Malacath, May 31, 2014
  3. IndieRock
    IndieRock Guest
    Pretty soon Xbox One owners will be able to swap hard drives without voiding the warranty.

IndieRock, May 31, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

There is no 300gb internal hard drive for the 360 so it sounds like you don't have an official hard drive,that'll be why your having problems.

There's a 250gb or 320gb hdd for the 360s.

Daft Badger, May 31, 2014
  5. Daft Badger Win User

There is no 300gb internal hard drive for the 360 so it sounds like you don't have an official hard drive,that'll be why your having problems.

There's a 250gb or 320gb hdd for the 360s.
  6. Danger Floof Win User

E 69 harddrive error

E69: Hard Drive Error. It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive.

Was the HDD an offical MS drive of a knock off?

But most likely your going to have to start over.
  7. Elohmn Win User

What would you like to see in an Xbox One Slim

No BluRay Drive and a 3TB Internal HDD.
  8. Malacath Win User

Can an external hard drive be the system drive? (Not a flash drive)

No you can't use the external drive as a system drive unfortunately.

Even if you could you still need your internal HDD for cacheing purposes.

Some games can only use the cache on the internal HDD on not on USB system drives.
  9. Malacath Win User

External Hard Drive Update

Also just re-read your post.

I was referring to the hidden folder on the drive once the drive has been converted to 300GB

The data files you had from the 32GB partition will probably not be compatible with the drive now you are using the full 300GB
Thema:

1. Connecting 300gb hdd as internal drive - Similar Threads - Connecting 300gb hdd

2. Controller Lost Connection error in Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller Lost Connection error in Minecraft: I am experiencing an issue where one of my four controllers when trying to play split screen on Minecraft says controller lost connection, this is a different controller each time & the controller...
  3. Constantly lost connection with gamepads

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constantly lost connection with gamepads: Good afternoon. The gamepad loses connection with the console (sometimes immediately after turning on, sometimes after a while, always in different ways), it does not turn off. To re-establish...
  4. : Wi Fi Connectivity

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Wi Fi Connectivity: : Wi Fi Connectivity First thing to try, go to settings/ network/ network settings/advanced settings/alternate MAC address, select clear and then restart. if that does nothing then remove the...
  5. XBox Controller won't connect with Bluetooth after connecting with USB

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Controller won't connect with Bluetooth after connecting with USB: I have a persistent issue with using my Xbox One Controller on my Windows 10 laptop with a play and charge kit. It works perfectly with Bluetooth until the battery runs out. I then use the USB...
  6. Xbox is connected to internet, but error code 0x800704cf

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox is connected to internet, but error code 0x800704cf: Xbox is connected to internet, but when signing it it says Xbox is not connected. Please help cf45e1c5-1b71-4fb8-814f-c780cadcdf1d
  7. Xbox One Controller Not Connecting To Wireless Adapter For PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller Not Connecting To Wireless Adapter For PC: Hey Everyone, I'm having a frustrating issue with my xbox one wireless adapter and I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. When I turned on my pc yesterday I saw that my xbox one...
  8. Headset doesnt connect

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headset doesnt connect: I've been dealing with this issue for far too long now. Whenever i plug in my headset it does not register as "connected". Fortunatly, i have a audio adapter so i can still hear things. I know...
  9. Connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect to Xbox Live: Having an issue on my Xbox one. Started yesterday. Eventually able to connect after multiple restarts. Still can't connect today. Wi-go is good. Connected on other devices. I can sign on but no...
  10. Brand new xbox one s not connecting to live service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new xbox one s not connecting to live service: Brand new Xbox as noted, yesterday( fine now) it would not connect to live service for online connection, while computer and iphones were connecting to the internet just fine. I'd not expect this...