Connecting my Xbox 360 to my Xbox Live account

Discus and support Connecting my Xbox 360 to my Xbox Live account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My friend gave me her old Xbox 360 not too long ago, console has a clean memory other than the disc games I've bought for it. I created an Xbox Live... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ShannanThompson, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Connecting my Xbox 360 to my Xbox Live account

My friend gave me her old Xbox 360 not too long ago, console has a clean memory other than the disc games I've bought for it. I created an Xbox Live account after I got the console. Everytime I try to login/sign in to my account it gives me an error code
    "801540A9". I have the right email and password but it still wont connect. I've tested the connection between the Xbox to internet to xbox live and it works fine. I looked at the error help on the website but can't find that error code. What could I be missing?

:)

ShannanThompson, Jun 29, 2019
  2. OGz GALAXY Win User

I can't log onto Xbox Live...

Is there a reason why I can't sign in to my account and Connect t Connect to Xbox live on Xbox 360?
  3. Rpgsforever123 Win User

Crash Bandicoot

Do I need to be able to connect to Xboxlive from my 360 to play them? ..Cause I have an Xbox Live account but I don't have a network adapter for my 360 to connect to my wifi so my 360 isn't connected to the internet yet.
  4. Sterling_Cover Win User

Connecting my 360 user to my Xbox One

If you are just simply trying to add a profile you had on your Xbox 360 to your Xbox One, you can do so by just putting in the login information for that account on your Xbox One.
    The problem is that I never linked my xbox 360 to my xbox live account, and now it don't want to. So I'm trying to link my xbox live account to my xbox 360, but all I get are error messages.

My account is linked to my xbox one without any problems, but in order to save xbox 360 game data on my xbox one, I have to download my/a xbox 360 profile, which I can't do because my profile won't connect to xbox live.

Usually I would just play my 360 games on the xbox 360, but unfortunately my xbox 360 can't run games due to a hardware malfunction.
  5. SailedBooch6838 Win User

Backwards Compatibility-Start Focusing More On Console Releases!

It's not located in an advantageous position to do so. Anywyas, I don't have an adapter, and my Xbox Live account recognizes my Xbox One as my "home Xbox", so I'm not sure what would happen if I gave my 360 a connection to my account and bought something
    meant for it, as the 360 is not recognized as my "home Xbox."
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Shannan,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with downloading your account on the Xbox 360. Try this:

1. Turn off the console.
    2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console.
    3. Unplug the power supply from the electrical outlet, and then unplug the short cord from the power supply.
    4. Plug the power cord back into the console, and then plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet and the power supply. Make sure that all three power supply connections are firm.
    5. Turn on the console and redownload your profile. (See
      How to add or remove an Xbox profile on Xbox 360
      .)

Give this a try and let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Connecting my Xbox 360 to my Xbox Live account - Similar Threads - Connecting 360 Live

2. Xbox 360 emulator says I need to be connected to live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 emulator says I need to be connected to live: I am trying to play Halo Reach on my Xbox One. I need to download my profile to play online. When I try find and download my 360 profile, it says I must be connected to Xbox Live even though I am....
  3. 360 games on xbox one having xbox live connection issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 games on xbox one having xbox live connection issues: Me and my friend were trying to play portal 2 co op earlier this evening but that was brought to a halt by an error on his end. Everytime he tried to sign in he got a "unable to connect to xbox...
  4. Problem connecting used XBox 360 game to Xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problem connecting used XBox 360 game to Xbox live: I purchased a used XBox 360 game and am having trouble setting it up to play. At first I got a connection msg. saying" your profile does not have correct permissions to access xbox live", then...
  5. xbox live connection error xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live connection error xbox 360: xbox live connection error xbox 360 , I'm not able to get into xbox live 5c278c7a-0099-4289-b12d-2bfe88650639
  6. Xbox 360 - connection to Xbox Live issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 - connection to Xbox Live issue: I have unearthed my old Xbox 360 in the hopes of transferring my old Borderlands 2 characters to Xbox One. I have been unable connect the Xbox Live servers. Originally I couldn't log into Xbox...
  7. My Xbox 360 has connection issues to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 has connection issues to Xbox Live: I bought a Linksys EA7500 wireless/wired router and upgraded from a much older model that finally died after a good 10+ years of use. This new router works fine for my cell phones, my laptops, my...
  8. XBox 360 cant connect to XBox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 cant connect to XBox Live: Hi I have a problem, that in my Xbox 360 I cant connect to Xbox live. I get error message: Sorry, this profile cant connect to Xbox Live on this console. To fix it, download it again. How do I...
  9. Xbox 360 will not connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 will not connect to Xbox Live: My Xbox 360 will not connect to Xbox Live., error code 8015190E. Went through all the troubleshooting steps online. It will will connect to my WiFi and connect to the internet, but will not...
  10. xbox 360 xbox live wont connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 xbox live wont connect: iv been using my hotspot on my phone to connect my xbox 360 to the internet and xbox live since I bought the console. now all of a sudden it says its connected to internet but not xbox live I have...